main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What rank is Orson Krennic in Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jkarateking, May 6, 2017.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm pretty sure his rank badge was the same in both the "Ersos + Krennic on Coruscant" flashback and in the Lah'mu scene (6 red blocks).

2. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    Right. So he's still a Commander in the opening of Rogue One, but during the rest of the movie (~17 years later), he's Director of the Advanced Weapons Research Division of the Imperial Military and some unknown rank, but probably a flag officer to hold down that position.

3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I´ve always got the feeling that Tarkin´s status within the Empire is one of a kind, and that´s why he was the first Grand Moff. He never seemed subordinate to Thrawn to me in Rebels, even if it was a military operation; in fact Thrawn is summoned by him and stays reporting to him all the way.

About Amedda, to me it seemed both were vying for power, and I believe it was a situation that has been stated to be promoted by Palpatine; his close subordinates never really had all that clear how outranked who, so they were all dependent to him in the end. That being said, for what I can remember Amedda tries to pushes Tarkin around, and ends up being pushed himself, and as it was mentioned earlier, this was when Tarkin was still Moff.

If Tarkin pretty much can speak with Vader as an equal and to Thrawn as a superior, then his power in fairly real, even if it´s beyond what his official ranking implies. However, it could be a case of Grand Moffs being diminished in power after Tarkin´s failure. Trachta and Ardus Kaine both seemed to have a fair amount of power, but apparently not at Tarkin´s level. I´m not really sure, was Jerjerrod meant to be a Grand Moff after being given command of the Death Star? or still a Moff?

MandaloreRex2015 and Snafu55 like this.
  4. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    The fact that Palpatine kept the senior leadership of the Empire off-balance and encouraged rivalries among them was explicitly confirmed in Tarkin.

What I wonder if once the Empire was firmly established (in the OT time-frame) and he had weeded out the "bad apples", did the Emperor let Vader, Tarkin, Ammeda, the Ruling Council, ect. have more responsibility so that he could spend less time baby-sitting and more time practicing the Sith "arts".

5. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Sidenote: Kaine is actually decently familiar to many EaW fans, as he leads one of the factions in the games largest (and best) mod.