main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What reboot and/or remake would piss you off the most?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Sep 7, 2013.

?

The most annoying reboot or remake would be...

1. The Godfather/The Godfather Part II

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Back to the Future trilogy

25 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. Citizen Kane

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Metropolis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Network

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. ANH/ESB/ROTJ

33 vote(s)
    35.1%
  7. Jaws

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Airplane!

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  9. OTHER

16 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah Batman and Nipple Suit was excremental and everyone knew it. Chris O'Donnell said that Batman Forever felt like a film and Batman and Robin felt like a giant toy commercial.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Terminator

Oh ****

redlightning likes this.
  3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  4. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    There's way too many options in that poll which would anger me greatly - Godfather (come on, call it the Godfather Trilogy) and classic era Star Wars especially.

If I had to add other...i'd say Star Trek because it would mean we'd have three canons to navigate. That is, unless the Abramsverse doesn't set it back on course to the Roddenberry universe.

I'll be interested to see what they do with Stargate since the reboot wasn't necessary. All it needed was a good decade of hibernation. From there, given how vast that universe is, you could easily pick it back up at any point.

5. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I like the list. It was well though out but the tough choice is between the godfather and back to the future and it seems like 80's comedies get remade more that the drama films.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I agree. Stargate didn't feel mined in the slightest. It just needed a break for awhile. I am also interested in what Devlin and Emmerich have in mind for their Stargate Trilogy, since they've always claimed that they envisioned Stargate as a trilogy from the very beginning and they're not fans of SG-1/A/U. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

7. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    To be honest, I agree with them somewhat with Devlin and Emmerich. Stargate became too much of a military action/adventure as it went on when it started out as a science expedition with soldiers serving as security/backup to help preserve the mission goals. Eventually, there were entire missions being carried out for the sole purpose of preventative assault against an enemy that were raising artillery. If they really need to reboot it, at least restore the exploration and historical elements that they had in the films.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Except that O'Niell had secrete orders to destroy the Stargate if he found any potential threats to Earth. The military shoot-em-action part was always going to be a part of Stargate's DNA.

9. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Rocky Horror

Vanishing Point - (they did remake this and was utterly awful)

one I'd like them to have another go at is The Magus , altho a mini-series would be better as it's too long to do in one movie .

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Um... I've got bad news on that front...

11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    oh sh . .

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Back to the Future.

Or, the X Files. I'd actually go on a killing spree if that happened*

*for legal reasons, I might need to point out that was a joke..

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Regarding Back to the Future, I think that won't be happening anytime soon from what I've read.

Juliet316
    Great minds think alike. :D

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Not when Robert Zemeckis has actually used the phrase "Over my dead body." :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Hence, what I said: "won't be happening anytime soon." :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    There is a remake of Airplane! It was called Soul Plane.

18. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

That's true. I just think the show works better with a little bit more science and philosophy because there are times where he becomes so action packed it feels boneheaded. I was talking to a fan once and he said his favourite episode was the one he picked because O'Neill throws a military blade at goa'uld soldier's hand device just before he has time to activate it. Really? This mostly sums up my issues with the Stargate franchise because it became enemy driven. Star Trek may be guilty of this too but even then, DS9 included, the elements of exploration and attempts at diplomacy never faded.

19. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Okay I know this post is 2 years old and I haven't re-read the entire thread to see if I said this already, but I think it would be pretty cool to have a Princess Bride movie that includes some of the elements of the book that the current one ignores. For example, I think it would be fun for a movie to play around with the whole boring historical documentary re-edited and re-interpreted framing device, which isn't in the movie at all, and is instead replaced with the grandfather/grandson bedtime story "kissing book" framing device. I mean, Princess Bride is damn near perfect as it is, but I'd wouldn't rule out further remakes.

20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    It's A Wonderful Life. I hear rumors of a sequel every once in a while and it just disgusts me. How can you possibly try to add on to such a wonderful movie? Sure, old Mr. Potter doesn't get punished, but sometimes that's how the real world works, and I'm sure it felt especially real in the Depression and War time eras that the film takes place in.

Metropolis, actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of. It's so old and obscure than I'm sure it would actually do pretty well if it was handled right.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Well, the one thing I will say in response to that is that Stargate never really reflected very much on the deeper significance of what the SGC means for the future of humanity. They alluded to it a few times, but the only time that any of the characters ever actually directly reflected on the fact that we went from being confined to.LEO to having a permanent outpost of humanity in another galaxy in the space of just 15 years was in Radyk in Zero Point.

22. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Indiana Jones.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Caught a commercial for CW's remake of Dynasty. It seems like it's just going to be a Gossip Girl 2.0, so I'll pass. I'll keep my memories of Joan Collins in all her glory as Alexis thank you very much.

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I've got Gossip Girl coming on box set. My friend has recommended it to me

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Now I'm not hating on Gossip Girl, but Dynasty was never Gossip Girl.