main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson What Recent Star Wars Novel Have You Read? What was there about it that you enjoyed?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Nov 27, 2004.

1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Whta am I supposed to see Mike? Did you link the wrong thread?

2. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Why is it the characters you love to hate always go and do something that makes you like them!!!!!! I'm reading The Unifying Force and who just goes and saves the day for Han and Leia but BOBA FETT!!!! It was awesome!! All the small little nuances that the book added with Fett in it are great!!

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    reads cat's post

[face_laugh] Yeah, that one was a trip. ;)

5. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    OK not SW but scifi and right up most of our alleys. I have begun rereading my alien and predator books. I am currently rereading Aliens: Genocide and have realized I must have never finished it as I dont remember anything after the 5th chapter! Doh something I did often when I was younger was if it wasnt action packed right away I dropped it.

I will say this gore and violence galore! My biigest problem is typos and sentences that dont make sense, it seems like a teenager wrote it but oh well.........

I am looking for the first installment of Aliens vs Predator called PREY. If anyone finds it buy it and I will reimburse you please! It is written by Steve and Stephani Perry.

6. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    OK now I am finished with Genocide now do I go for another Aliens book or a SW book.......hmmmmm

7. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Was that the one where Han and Leia run into Boba with his Mando pals and without helmets on and Han says, "I recognize that voice..." and realizes it's Fett after the fact? If it is...that was a great part

8. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I just read Remnant of the Force Heretic Series and I can't wait to finish the Trilogy. Then after that all I have is the two final books of the NJO.

I must say though that I read Outbound Flight before that and it was really cool and Dark Lord was hands down a glorious book for me.

9. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Why is that, GrandAdmiral_Frank? (Concerning your statements about Outbound Flight and Dark Lord.)

10. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Lemme see here...I have always wanted to find out what was going on with Jorus C'boath at this time in which the book is set. The only SW books I had read before the Thrawn Trilogy were the Jedi Apprentice series and the Tales of the Bounty Hunters. While those were good, the Thrawn Trilogy was awesome. It had an the twins of Han and Leia, the Noghri were like a fusion of Sam Fisher and a Koala Bear, C'boath was off his rocker, Mara was this hot red head, and most of all Thrawn was a well done villain. I loved how he could determine an enemies strategic moves through observation of their culture's artwork. Which is in Outbound of course, that is not a spoiler by the way because we all know Thrawn can do this. They also get more specific with Outbound and on thought it was very interesting how Zahn put the pieces together. A great book if you are a Thrawn fan. Besides like I said, I've always wanted to see a prequel book about this and it happened. Now we just need one about the spaarti cylinder clones and how they went insane.

As for Dark Lord. It was excellence. It was me feeling like I was right there after Episode III's events were concluded. It was like the movie moved on through that book. The scenes with Vader are all powerful. The way he has to deal with the new suit and how his abilities progress were so awesome. I think I had it done in eight or nine hours. The fastest I've read a SW book becuase I wanted more and it gave more. The different things they add to the plot and how they explain Vader's style of doing things makes you get Vader more. I would recommend that this book be shoved into someone's mind if they complain about Vader being all slow in the OT.

11. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks for sharing your views of these two books with us GrandAdmiralFrank. :)

12. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    No problem.

I'm hoping to get some more soon. I want to read Labyrinth of Evil and before that I want to finish NJO.

I'm so behind right now. I still haven't read the Joiner King Trilogy and the new Legacy of the Force series.

13. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I think you'll find the Joiner King Trilogy to be very insightful as to how things lead up to Jason's fall to the Dark Side of the Force. Even before that in the NJO Series, Jason's tutolage under Vergier and his torture under the Yuuzhan Vong changed him forever and caused his gradual decent down that path. It was just a matter of time before he would have fallen. If not by Luminia, then by someone as cunning and deceptive as her.

14. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Jason turns? Not him.

15. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Well even Count Duukuu [SIC?] who was second only to Yoda himself fell to the Dark side. Sadly however it pretty much seems that Jason has crossed over to the dark side for keeps as well. I won't go into details for your sake that you can read the storys as they progress.

16. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007

17. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Then this is just the beginning.

18. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003

Thanks for the edit Mike.

19. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Would fanfiction count as a Star Wars novel?

20. darthbane187

darthbane187 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2007
    yes Kat.. that was the part I was talking about :) It was great. I also agree that the Dark Nest shows a great deal of insight into Jacen beginning a turn to the dark side. I am now finally starting Betrayal. I will catch up to everyone before the next book comes out in November.

21. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Well Kat, I've finally caught up and finished Inferno! A good read. Though I must admit that Sacrifice was more complex and showed Jacen's mental gymnastics with better clarity.

22. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Sacrifice and Inferno were both excellent reads and they both made me angry beyond belief.. I am so fit to be tied I can hardly stand it!!!!

23. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I was reading Fury last night, all I can say is
    KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!! NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :-( I knew it was coming as soon as Kyle Katarn was picked to lead the Jacen-neutralization mission, but that doesn't make it any better....I'm hoping he'll come back...after all, I got him killed a billion times playing Dark Forces [face_whistling]

24. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm reading Fury right now too. So far it rocks. I was just surprised that they didn't describe Jacen breaking into the Palace to get Allana and only spoke of the aftermath.

25. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Sounds like they are dropping left and right......Whats the deal?