Tucson What Recent Star Wars Novel Have You Read? What was there about it that you enjoyed?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Nov 27, 2004.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    In my opinion, here is the deal:

By the end of the series there will probably be a major character killed - Luke, Leia, Han. This is LFL's way of preparing us. We lost Chewie in the NJO and now we are going to lose another major character in the LotF. Nobody wants to see the death of one of the major characters but let's face it they are going to die at some point.
  2. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well if we are to get to Cade Skywalker as being the lastof the bloodline and legacy is only how many years in the future they need to start killing them off. Han could live on and die in his old age but Luke,Ben,Jacen, Jaina and Leia need to find their final place of resting whilst only leaving one bloodline to go on...

3. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    IIRC, LEGACY the comic is 150 years either after NJO or ANH. They've already said Luke is dead.

And I read that as "last of the blondeline :p
  4. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I enjoyed Inferno - Luke was kicking major Jacen booty. Fury was okay. Btw - Kyle was injured but he didn't die.
  5. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Could they do that though? I mean, they already killed arguably the biggest character in the EU, and you think they are going to go after one of the Big 3? They killed Chewie in the first book of the NJO, and Anakin later in the series, but there were no main character deaths in the last book (althought I haven't actually read it yet, so don't tell me if I'm wrong...). I don't think Lucas would giver permission to kill one of the Big 3, cuz theyre's so much more to tell about them. Again, I haven't read any of the LOTF series yet, but from all the spoilers I have seen, willingly or otherwise, that's my guess.
  6. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I realize they already did something major. I just don't think we've seen the end.
  7. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Whew, glad Kyle Katarn is still alive *wipes brow* that was a close one (and all I had to do was read the following chapter to find this out...ahem) I finished the book this morning, and I have to say, I enjoyed it and, as usual, want to kill Jacen, err Caedus. I'm really glad Alema Rar is finally dead!! [face_skull] [face_dancing] Her nine lives were up! I'm also glad that Han and Leia finally know that Allana is their granddaughter! I liked that Wedge and Tycho were in the book--their bantering was amusing, though I am mad at Tycho for revealing the Jedi team in the shuttle at the end...I wonder if the Jedi knew he was going to reveal them.
    I can't believe Lando is going to be a dad!! That was a riot..."I'm too old to be a father!" Yeah, he is.
    I don't know if they are going to kill another main character off though before the end of the series, I sure hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised (actually, I part of me probably would be surprised, and my book might fly to the wall (but don't worry Cheryl, your book did not get thrown!))
  8. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Katherine: I have a friend who throw Sacrifice on the ground and danced on it.(He was immortalized on YouTube) His wife has thrown some of the books against the wall. I've felt like doing that a few times but it is usually a library book.
  9. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I finished Fury yesterday and I could have written Kat's thoughts... they mirrored my own. In any event I am eagerly awaiting Revelation and I am actually looking forward to Boba Fett and what happens with him in the end of this series. Shock I know. He grew on me, I am just glad the bulk of the series has been about the Skywalkers.. with just little BF tidbits in between.
  10. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I haven't finished it yet so I won't highlight Kat's comments yet. ;)
  11. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Sorry for the double post. I finished Fury and I have a few things to say:

1) It was too darned short! [face_frustrated]

2) Who is Jaina turning to? I'm guessing Kyp Durron.

3) Ding Dong the Bug is dead! Jag's honor is returned! Yeah! [face_dancing] :D
  12. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm guessing Jaina will try and commune with Mara's spirit because she comes up with her revelation after saying "Those [Jacen] tortures and kills..." and Mara is dead (though Jaina doesn't know Jacen killed her...hmmm) We'll see.
    The restoration of Jag's family's honor seems bittersweet since he can never go home. He'll just have to turn to Jaina [face_love] :p
  13. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    I finished reading Invincible yesterday.
    Of course, I was enthralled the whole way through...but then I always am. I loved the jokes at the beginning of each chapter (even if some of them were just downright bad or if I had a actually heard/used a couple of them before [face_whistling] ).

I wish the ending were different...I know Jacen was bad, but couldn't he have been redeemed???? Maybe? Or not? It was so sad :-( Jag becoming head of the Empire was awesome, but he and Jaina still aren't a couple...hmpf. I couldn't believe Daala is the new chief of state...I'm wondering if she'll wipe out all the Jedi as her first act of power. The did think the conclusion was too quick, and that the final duel lacked some talking. Anyone else read the book yet and have some thoughts?
  14. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm back.

I have to say the last SW book I read was Jedi Trial and I loved it because of one particular exchange between Nejaa Halycon and Anakin. Also, it is more realistic with the warfare.
  15. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    JediObiKat we have already discussed this I think.. I even think most all of us think it.. but still I don't recall posting it.. so it would appear that while Jag and Jaina are not currently together if you look at the future in the comics and see that Emperor Fel and his offspring are full of force adept powers one would certainly assume that Jaina and Jag get married and have children at some point.. otherwise who did Jag marry and produce his heirs with?? I just want to read it!!! I wish they would let Timothy Zahn write it.
  16. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    Right now I am finishing up on I, Jedi which is a really good book and totally makes me love and respect Corran Horn. I love when he discovers his Jedi roots because before this I had read Jedi Trial and his roots are definitely in that book.
  17. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Cat! You're alive and posting!
    Oh I know we've discussed this topic before...:) But what if one of Jag's siblings marries a Force-sensitive and jag has no kids and then the throne passes to a different line? What if Jag just plain marries someone else, like Tahiri *shiver*? Too many possibilities. Obi-Kat wants the question answered! Honestly, Jag's been in the books for about eight years!! *sigh*

GA Frank, I didn't realize Jedi Trial had to do with the Corran Horn story...I may have to read it...err, put it on my list. It wouldn't happen to be written by Stackpole himself would it??

I'm currently looking forward to reading the next Coruscant Nights book and Millenium Falcon in the semi-near future!
  18. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Oh, how that would make me laugh...

But who says the parents have to end up being married? I know that you all want to believe in monogamy and happily ever afters, but who's to say Jag doesn't pull a Thrawn and just 'impregnate' Jaina/Tahiri/etc...?
  19. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4

It was not written by Stackpole it was written by David Sherman and Dan Cragg and it relates to I, Jedi because of a character who Anakin ends up turning to and confiding in. I don't want to give away too much but it was just so coincidental to me.
  20. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Are you referring to the clone of Thrawn? But, yeah, another possibility would be Jag and mystery woman pulling a Jacen-Tenel Ka.
  21. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    yes and no on the posting, I'm alive, but no computer at the moment, so I am posting at Beth's for the moment, so that is like once a week.

as for the post about Tenal Ka/Jacen... I would be so very mad if they did that. Either way.. enough already, give us the book that tells the story.
  22. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    Off topic, I got Yoda Dark Rendezvous. I may try to get my brother TFU and that could suck the life out of me.
  23. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I enjoyed Yoda Dark Rendezvous, though it has been easily two years since I read it.
  24. YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Knight

star 1
    I never read that book but another Bane book is coming out and a book series called Fate of the Jedi.
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I heard about the Bane book, I still have yet to read the second book, which I do want to do. I had not heard of the Fate of the Jedi series.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby