What?s on your iPod?

Discussion in 'London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    i'll play you some tunes next time you're round.
  2. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Radio 1 have been playing the new bloc party track called The Prayer this week, and it's top notch. The new album is due out end of January, which I can't wait for :D

I'm also liking the (new) Beatles album Love. While it is merely a 'Let's take advantage of Christmas' album, the mixing of the tracks is subtle and works a treat. Makes everything sound really fresh and even though most will already own the tracks on another CD, it does offer something different. Would make a good Chrimbo pressie for your Dad ;)
  3. Sith-I-5 Chosen One

star 5
    Some stuff from the following:

Forever Faithless
    Orbital
    La Femme Nikita
    Blade: Trinity soundtrack
    a Tomb Raider CD I found in HMV
    NUMB by Linkin Park
  4. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    hey,lordtice!
    i'm a big beatles fan and look forward to getting the new album for xmas.
    but i hate those cirk de solay swines.
  5. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've never really understood the appeal of The Beatles. In my view they're okay but I've never been 'captivated' by their songs. Not like MeatLoaf who features heavily on my MP3 (I am too poor to own an iPod!) along with Robbie Williams, Nina Simone, David Gray, film composers like James Horner (particular favourite of mine at the moment), Hans Zimmer, Vangelis (fantastic score to Alexander) and the odd dash of Classical (including Mahler, Elgar).

I am really not very cool in my taste in music am I? But what does it matter? Music is a personal choice anyway and what you like and enjoy in music as in so much else in life, shouldn't be influenced by what is perceived as 'cool' or populist; it should be what matters to you. That's how I choose the music I listen too.
  6. Ellbobin Jedi Master

star 4
    Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

I've listen to the whole album once everyday since I got it. Its amazing :D 18th december Hammersmith w00t!
  7. darth-dom Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I've quite liked Tenacious D for a while now, I love how funny their songs are. Especially the little sketches in between some of the tracks.

The most recent addition to my ipod is the soundtrack CD to Doctor Who (Seasons 1&2). There are some pretty good tunes in there, not least the theme, which I could listen to countless times.

I was also lent the soundtrack to Pan's Labyrinth, but I haven't got round to listening to it yet. It should be good. :)
  8. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    radiohead ok computer.
    this album is great.
    i wish i could say it's the soundtrack of my life... but it isn't,sadly...
  9. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oooooh, just downloaded (legally, of cause) the new Bloc Party album, A Weekend in the City. Will give it a darn good listen to over the course of the coming week, but thus far big thumbs up!! :D
  10. JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Master

star 1
    i have to admit the thing im listening to most on my IPod is every single album by The Carpenters. Its just music you can dance to anywhere anytime....and i have.....i swear those people in Tesco's thought i was nuts :D
  11. Ellbobin Jedi Master

star 4
    Just added: Gnarkil, Enter Shikari, CKY, Vains of Jenna.
  12. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    hey,if it's good enought for johnny blaze...

i'm still listening to the last muse album,much better than bloc party,matt... even though they do get more airplay on radio one.
    also loving the fratellis...
    ther second half of kasabians album,i thought,was very weak,given ths strong start... perhaps it's a grower.
  13. Ellbobin Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw the fratellis live when they surported The Who. They put on quite a good show, some catchy stuff there.
  14. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm liking that new Enter Shikari song.

You need to listen to the bloc party albums Jamie, because their best stuff is never released as singles and the new forthcoming single R1 play isn't one I'm keen on either. That said, The Prayer is still the best single I've heared for many months but not my fav track on the new album, might I add.

As for the golden oldies, since getting my Dad an iPod I've been putting loads of his albums on my iTunes to transfer to the iPod. Consequently, I've been playing a lot of The Kinks and luv it!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.