What?s the cheesiest way to kill someone in Jedi Outcast?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gandalf the Grey, Jun 4, 2002.

?

What’s the cheesiest way to kill someone in Jedi Outcast?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
By using Grip/Push/Pull to throw them down a pit 6 vote(s) 9.7%
To use backstab them with the saber 5 vote(s) 8.1%
To use a Disrupter to sniper them 1 vote(s) 1.6%
To use a Missile Launcher to sniper them 1 vote(s) 1.6%
To use a Sentry 0 vote(s) 0.0%
To use Mines/Thermal Detonators 0 vote(s) 0.0%
To use Mind Trick to confuse them, then to kill them 0 vote(s) 0.0%
To kill them when then they’re talking 40 vote(s) 64.5%
Other 9 vote(s) 14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  2. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    NOTHING is wrong with backstab. It is a slow move that needs preciseness. ANd thanks to the nerfing of lunge, is the only uselfull thing us light stancers have.

Talk killing is a bad one, because there is no way to counter it.
  3. StarWars_Revelation Force Ghost

star 5
    I played it once and killed a guy while the person was talking. I felt pretty bad :(
  4. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
  5. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    two n's in penny there.
  6. GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    To use a level 5 mind trick to take direct control of their bodies, then either jump them off a cliff or get them to go on a killing spree, taking out your enemies and then getting killed by return fire... [face_devil]
    Or, if you're fighting two dudes with lightsabres (Reborns? I don't know the technical terms, I only have the demo) use the mind control to get them to attack the other. Release control and they keep fighting! :D
  7. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Backstab is silly, IMHO. When people are just running around backwards swinging the saber, you know you've got a problem. I've seen people knock someone down, then turn around to deal the finishing blow. People who turn around as soon as they see you, to try to get that backstab in.

It's usually a finishing move. I've found it easier to hit and kill someone with backstab on Light Stance than with the big swing on Heavy Stance.

I don't have a problem with killing someone while they talk. Happens to me often enough... [face_blush]
  8. Admiral Maciejewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Kill while talking is the best. They never see it coming until it is too late.
  9. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it's bad when 95% of the people on a server are either:
    Running around backwards or
    Using Push/Pull and backstab
    Do I know how to defend against it? Sure. Is it fun when everyone[/] is using the same moves? Not really. I like having actual saber fights with people where they're not trying to nkock me down all the time, but that's just me
  10. Miguelburrito Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jesus has no problem killing somebody while they talk neither should we.

Penny Arcade again

11. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    I love that comic! PA is hilarious. :D

And I voted for talking while typing, especially with the new icon thing in 1.03. Backstab is fine as long as it isn't abused. At JKII.net, we call the people that fight by runnning around backwards 'assfighters.'
  13. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Kill when talking. Tee hee.
  14. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The only one on the list that is cheesy is to kill them while they are AFK or doing something with the options or talking. All the other choices are valid ways of killing people. So, this poll seems pointless to me.
  15. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  16. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The title of this thread should be changed from "Cheesiest" to "lamest". Killing someone when they are talking/typing - and you know they are - is lame - not chessy!

(I know - I do it often :p ;))
  17. DUM-4 Jedi Knight

star 3
  18. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Assfighters is what we call them too. Lightside lamers who use absorb then pull you over and backstab/slash you. It is very hard to do anything about this move except stay away from the person doing it.

The ultimate lame. They really need to fix backstab in the next patch, it's ruining the game. Thankfully though, one of my clansmen is now admin of the servers where I play so assfighters don't last very long [face_devil]

Attacking people who have their saber off and/or people who are typing is also very lame.

As for guns, I never play on guns servers anymore so that's no longer a problem.
  19. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They really need to fix backstab in the next patch, it's ruining the game. Thankfully though, one of my clansmen is now admin of the servers where I play so assfighters don't last very long

Woo, great. First person dies, someone cries "YOU BACKSTABBED! LAMER!!!!!!", and the admin kicks. Bit unfair really, if he did it once.

Feel sorry for us Light stancer who dont do that, they nerfed our lunge :(
  20. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    To kill them when then they?re talking is kinda' cheap cause it happens to me all the time.... so I do it too.
  21. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Ugh, my brother is a lightside lamer who pulls people over then backstabs them, [face_plain]

I tell him it's stupid but he doesn't think so.
  22. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    Does your brother even listen to you? ;)
  23. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sithy :Ugh, my brother is a lightside lamer who pulls people over then backstabs them

Only cause you didn't think of that move first Sithy, otherwise you'd just do it constantly!

:p
  24. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Not quite, Aaron.

I play the *REAL* way. (repeatedly using secondary fire with the fletchette. :p)
  25. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I do the backstap thing when chance allows. I played a guy last knight that did the pull\backslash combo all day long. The funny thing is in one match I let rip with guns, because this guy was driving me crazy, and won. The next match he went at me like crazy.

I voted talking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.