main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What say ye? December 2015 or May 2016?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Lantern, Jun 27, 2014.

?

December 2015 or May 2016?

1. December 2015

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. May 2016

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    We've all seen the growing rumbling that behind the scenes there is a divide on when the right time to release Episode VII would be. It appears some at Disney really doesn't want to miss releasing this film in 2015 while some of the creative talent making the movie feel that under the unique circumstances surrounding this film (a seemingly problematic script that has had noteworthy re-writes and great talent walk away from it, crafting the future of the Star Wars films adequately after the divisive prequel trilogy, debuting SW under the Disney banner, possibly main-character-Han's actor out of commission for 6+ months) more time is needed to get this right

If this choice was up to you, what would you decide? Stick to the announced December 2015 release, or give the project more time and push it to a May 2016 release?

2. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Too crowded in May 2016. If they delay again, that would just make Disney look like a joke.

3. Jedi_Lantern

Apr 3, 2013
    2015 itself is insanely crowded already though

4. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Let's see all the major films will be released around that time:
    May 2016: Superman vs Batman, Captain America 3, X-men Apocalypse and Alice in Wonderland 2
    Dec 2015: Kong Fu Panda 3 and Mission Impossible
    If you push Star Wars VII to May 2016, that would really be unwise.

5. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if KK and JJ are asking for May 2016 again. I doubt they'll succeed,. I don't see Disney budging, but for tradition and my birthday I do hope so.

Jedi_Lantern likes this.
  6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I also think they'll keep the 2015 date. Mostly because I think reports of Ford needing 6 months recovery etc being all out of whack. This is THE blockbuster film of that year. They would have had contingency plans for things like this happening before the cameras started rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indy 11 likes this.
  7. jedilips

jedilips Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    the logistics of moving the schedule and hoping all the key players, crew, and locations are available to accommodate that change is too much to expect. this movie's coming out in 2015.

8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    How about "other"?

If they really can't get it done by December 2015 with the proper quality without sacrificing story, then why not March or April 2015? Alice In Wonderland, Hunger Games, and Captain America: Winter Soldier have all done incredibly well in those months.

9. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Dec 2015, I already have my next 2 years planned around it...

Indy 11 likes this.
  10. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    Since the Dec/2015 release has been set on stone several times by the mouse:

[​IMG]

11. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    A new Star Wars movie of this magnitude will make a Gazillion dollars no matter when it's released. I don't think the Harrison injury will set it back. DEC 2015.

12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I'm already watching it on future cassette. OMG! You all are going to love this movie! :D

[​IMG]

13. Jedi_Lantern

Apr 3, 2013
    I have a may bday as well and always enjoyed the prequel films releasing that month

mes520 likes this.
  14. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    My Desire is for a December 2015 release but my mind says it will be pushed back to May of 2016.

15. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    This has been thoroughly covered already...
    Even if Harrison Ford is in every scene and is taking the next 6 months off (both of which we know not be the case btw) there is still plenty of time to shoot the thing and release it on time. No great talent has walked away, unless you're counting Ardnt..Release dates are a good thing guys. Movies need constraints, boundaries and pressures to manifest

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    December so we get it sooner!

18. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm gonna say December 2015 since December 18, 2015 is the release date.

19. Jedi_Lantern

Apr 3, 2013
    That's who i was referring to. Disney and Lucasarts were so excited to announce he'd be the head guy on the script. They chose him for the immense job. And he simply walked away

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

HugoWanKenobi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.