main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Scene in Rots that John Williams Score Moved you...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by MASTER-OF-EVIL, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Bly13

Commander_Bly13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    I liked the beginning score, but it didn't "move" me. The score that moved me was the part with Order 66, Anakin's Betrayal.

2. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    Anakin's Betrayal. Allll those memorable Jedi die at once...

3. JediChick07

JediChick07 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    The music when Vader/Ani is sliding down the lava bank. I think it's Immolation Scene. Yes, it is. MOVING is an understatement.

4. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    1 anakin vs. obi
    2 anakin dark deed
    3 battle of the heros

5. Leias_Lipgloss

Leias_Lipgloss Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Padme's Ruminations was the scene where the score moved me the most. I'm a fan of 4AD bands like the Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance and the score reminded me of their music here. I feel this scene was a great meeting of score and cinematography.

6. obimon

obimon Jedi Master

Apr 9, 2005
    i know most people don't like the tracked music, but how about "anakin's betrayal" underlying the confrontation on mustafar? it really plays out well. the music just fits the dialogue, especially when anakin says "you turned her against me". his tone of voice and the music are like in synch at that moment. but overall, i think it captures the remorse and tragedy of the scene.

7. RisingForce

RisingForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2005
    Order 66 and Anakin's betrayal

8. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    "What Scene in Rots that John Williams Score Moved you... "
    Definetly the raid on the Jedi Temple scene.

Good Stuff

9. LOTRFreak4488

LOTRFreak4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    Anakins Betrayal/Order 66.....No question about it.

10. Darth_Joshy

Darth_Joshy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2005
    I really Battle of the Heros, Anakin's Betrayal, and Anakin's Dark Deeds on the Soundtrack.

However, my favorit piece of music is during Padme's Funeral and when Palpatine and Vader are looking onto the Death Star. I was upset that those pieces of music weren't on the soundtrack.

11. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    The soundtrack was perfect for this movie. I admit I have not read the entire thread, but the only part I have not seen mentioned is the finale. I liked how it mixed PT and OT. Listening to it is uplifting because it reminds us of better times ahead.

12. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Well, this one really didn't move me but I loved it anyway. The scene right after Yoda announces that he must go into excile because he failed, then it cuts to Obi-Wan and Anakin on the spire as it's about to fall towards the lava. It's the entire Battle of the Heros theme. I love how they put that in there at the last and greatest battle. Then it slows down as Obi-Wan says, "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you."

I just love that whole scene with the music and all.

13. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I have to say that one that suprised was the track that played during the scene where we get a first look at Mustafar.

14. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    I liked the order 66 and padme's ruminations. Very very moving scores for both scenes.

15. Obi-Dude1007

Obi-Dude1007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Yeah, this music goes perfectly with the scene. You can really feel how upset they are, and how Anakin is trying do decide.

Also, the very beginning when the Star Wars theme is playing during the battle over Coruscant. Obi-Wan and Anakin are flying in their starfighters while thousands of command ships fly by. There is something about the first five minutes of this movie that just makes me sure that these are the best movies ever.

16. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Too many to choose from, but if I must . . . .

1) The closing sequence of Padme, Vaderkin and the twins

2) Padme's ruminations

3) G.O. 66

17. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    order 66....

no contest here

18. DarthDuff

DarthDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2002
    for me, Order 66 and Anakin and Padme staring out at each other....

19. Obi_Will_Kenobi

Obi_Will_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2004
    Oh every single part.

20. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    WTH? Isn't that track 14?

"Padme's fate and the birth of the twins", I know I heard that moaning during that last sequence.

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    No, track 14 is the music that plays when Padme dies and Vader is born.

The music for Padme's funeral and Vader/Tarkin/Emperor watching the Death Stars construction, is a sweet lyrical tune, based on the earlier death music, but much lighter and with chorus.

22. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    That should have been without chorus, BTW. [face_blush]

23. Zaphod_Kenobi

Zaphod_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    I know this seems to be said by everyone here, but "Anakin's Betrayal" and "Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny" are the two most moving pieces for me.

BTW, did anyone listen to the music in the scene where Palpatine senses "Lord Vader is in danger"? The music in that scene has the same vibe as some of the music in ANH, particularly the Imperial scenes. I first noticed it a couple weeks ago as I watched my bootleg DVD (yeah, I'm brave enough to say I got one!). Has anyone else noticed this as well?

24. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Padmes rumminations and Anakin vs. Obiwan.Anakin vs. Obiwan works great because the battle of heroes part makes you think of the battle not just between anakin and Kenobi but the battle in Anakins soul. As lucas says in the going to the darkside webdoc a part of Anakin is always thinking what am i doing and this song epitomizes that.

25. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Battle of the Heroes was great, but the opening scene with the "boom boom,boom boom" then chasing the Jedi fighters along the Republic cruiser and into battle was awesome!

"Hello again!";)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.