main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Scores are Everyone Listening to Now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by lordvader10, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Goldsmith's Total Recall.

2. andy1044

andy1044 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2006
    The Matrix: Complete Score - Don Davis

3. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    The Secret Garden - Zbigniew Preisner

An absolutely beautiful and magical score. Reminds me of Doyle's work for The Little Princess in the color of sound presented.

4. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard.

5. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Millennium - Mark Snow

6. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!! [face_dancing]

7. Trentman359

Trentman359 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl by Klaus Badelt

Every once and awhile I can go for the loud music that just gets the heart pumping. Sure its overly simple but everything doesnt have to be complicated to be enjoyable and fun.

8. CaptSparrow

Sep 5, 2006
    Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. I think this is the best score of the entire Prequel Trilogy. It's just more lively than TPM and AOTC.

9. Well_Of_Souls

Aug 26, 2001
    The Fury by Williams.

Amazing score with a theme I can't stop humming. I just saw the film as well and that's one hell of a final scene. Awesome music there, too. It's too bad this score seems to be forgotten by a lot of people.

Also, The Witches of Eastwick, also by Williams. Another forgotten gem.

10. CaptSparrow

Sep 5, 2006
    Not really a soundtrack, but an album from the 70s TV show, The Patridge Family. Everyone's voices except David Cassidy's, and Shirley Jones's are dubbed in. But it's still a good album. And the show is enjoyable.

11. andy1044

Aug 26, 2006
    Blood Diamond - James Newton Howard

This album came up randomly while my iTunes was shuffling and I must say, the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I've been listening to more of his stuff recently, namely Signs, The Village, and Unbreakable, and I'm being continually impressed by his work.

12. Well_Of_Souls

Aug 26, 2001
    I've been a Howard fan since Waterworld. He's definitely one of the most talented composers working today.

And Signs is one of the best scores of the last decade.

13. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I just picked up the score for the 2003 German film Good Bye, Lenin! by Yann Tiersen. It's heavy on piano with some strings interspersed. So far it's really good.

14. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007

If you like Yann Tiersen, you should check out the soundtrack from Amelie, which is pretty awesome.

The Greatest Story Ever Told by Alfred Newman has been stuck in my head for about two weeks, so I guess that counts as listening to it.

15. Trentman359

Trentman359 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest by Hans Zimmer

I was kinda of surprised with this score. Hello Beastie was, for Zimmer, such a mellow and cool track, but why does he always need to put a remix on the end of his albums?

16. andy1044

Aug 26, 2006
    Titus - Elliot Goldenthal

Wow, I didn't realize how obviously temp tracked 300 was until I heard the first piece on this cd.

17. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    Haha, yeah, 300 is pretty bad. What's worse is that I read an interview with Tyler Bates not too long ago about how happy he was with how the score turned out. Now I realize that it probably wasn't his decision to stick so closely to the temp score, but it's too bad that more people aren't like Horner and Elfman and honestly report on what really happened during the scoring process. Granted, Horner and Elfman are successful enough that their honest comments probably won't hurt them much, but still...

18. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Elliot Goldenthal

Listening to this while trying to work on my 120 page research paper (ugh!) about random high school drug testing and the fourth amendment. It's an interesting topic that I'm enjoying, but this score is proving to be a delightful distraction. This has been my favorite score for quite a long time, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's a masterpiece plain and simple.

19. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    The Omen by Marco Beltrami.

Tip: never ever listen to "Altar of Sacrifice" on full volume. My ears are still ringing from those shrieking woodwinds. :oops:

20. Well_Of_Souls

Aug 26, 2001
    Agreed.

For me, Jerry Goldsmith's Alien has been getting a whole lot of play time. Especially the track "Breakaway." Truly monstrous music.

21. Si_Titran

Si_Titran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2007
    I know its not exactly a film score but when I'm working in the sudio for long periods of time ( like I have been this week) I'll listen to Sigur Ros- Takk. I always find myself creating cinema in my head to go along with the music.

22. jediking12

jediking12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2007
    The Phantom Menace-Original 17 Track

23. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Earlier this year I downloaded a track called "Oh Fields, My Fields (Song of the Plains)" performed by the Alexandrov Red Army Choir. It's featured in the film Cast Away. I've been listening to this track quite a bit this year.

24. Well_Of_Souls

Aug 26, 2001
    I'm gearing up for the Return of the King: Complete Recordings so FOTR and TTT have been getting the most airtime.

25. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    I'll definitely be doing this next month. Right now I'm listening to Signs. I finished listening to the whole album a while ago and have had "Hand of Fate Pts. 1 and 2" on repeat for about 30 min, haha. It's one piece of music that I'll never tire of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.