What Scores are Everyone Listening to Now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by lordvader10, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morpher-2005 Jedi Master

star 4
    Final Duel, from the ROTJ soundtrack. The first half of that is my favourite in the whole saga, but it trails off towards the end me thinks. I also like anakins betrayal
  2. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Last Crusade. I had forgotten how much I enjoy this one.

Escape From Venice is blasting from my CD player right now.:D

ttbk
  3. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Everyday this week I have just had to listen to "Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye" from E.T.

This track is surely one of the best extended pieces of music ever scored to film.
  4. Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Master

star 3
    Right now I'm listening to the Band of Brothers Suite Two, from, you guessed it, Band of Brothers by Michael Kamen.
  5. shwanzi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Been listening to the bootleg Transformers: The Movie soundtrack by Vince DiCola. Good stuff.
  6. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Transformers: The Movie has one of the best, quintessentially 80's soundtracks ever.

I only have the song CD, not the score though.
  7. shwanzi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree. It's one of the only times a synthesizer/rock band score actually sounds pretty cool. It's cheezy, but I love it.
  8. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    ROTS and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, with Feeling. :p I love the "Hush" suite.
  9. DarthQuellonis Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you guys listen to Michael Giacchino? Currently I am listening to LOST.
  10. Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Master

star 3
    I have two of Giacchino's scores - Medal of Honor and The Incredibles. Both are great. I've been wanting to pick up LOST, but I just bought a new MacBook Pro, so I've had to dramatically cut back on soundtrack spending. I can't wait to hear his score to Mission Impossible III; his interpretation of the main theme as heard in the trailers sounds great.

- Currently listening to "Casper's Lullaby" from Casper by James Horner.

11. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    currently, i'm listening to "The Battle of Yavin" from ANH:SE

i love "The Last Crusade" as well. too bad they didn't put the ark motif on the soundtrack, specifically when indy and elsa are pandering around in the sewer!
  12. Jedi_Saturnine Jedi Knight

I'm currently listening to Battle of the Heroes.
  13. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just got Ice Age 2: The Meltdown by John Powell. Another solid entry from one of my favorite composers.

Can't wait for his X-Men: The Last Stand score.
  14. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Hook, Prsenting the Hook.

This is perhaps the greatest Williams score of the 90s and it's also my favorite score by him.
  15. Crash_Davis Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Indy's Very First Adventure.
  16. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Ten Commandments (Elmer Bernstein)

Got tired of sitting through the commercial breaks while watching the movie tonight, so in goes the CD...

Rousing, epic score.

TTbk
  17. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (James Horner)

I love this score. It is heroic and reminds me of those old scores of swashbuckling, high seas adventures that Revenge of the Sith did a little homage to during the Battle of Coruscant. Enterprise Clears Moorings is pretty epic when you hear it, as is the following track, Battle in the Mutara Nebula. ***** stars.:)

Indiana.

Battle in the Mutara Nebula
  18. Grievous21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Revenge of the Sith or Return of the Jedi. I listen to the battles of Endor over and over.
  19. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I have the Wrath Of Khan score on vinyl; it's been ages since I got it out and listened to it.

I've still been mostly on ROTS. I've made a "prequels" cd for my car - it's very heavy on ROTS, including some of the wonderful cues left off the OST that found their way into some games.
  20. shwanzi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've been listening to The Omen score by Jerry Goldsmith lately. I find it creepy and unlike a lot of his later scores. I especially like the choir he uses throughout the entire album. 'Beheaded' is my fave at the moment.
  21. Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Master

star 3
    Right now it's Brian Tyler's Children of Dune, specifically the very beautiful "Inama Nushif (Montage)".

Earlier today, I listened to John Williams' War of the Worlds.
  22. DarthQuellonis Jedi Master

star 4
    Now I am listening to a game score by Michael Giacchino. It's like a clone of the Mercenaries score with plenty of action cues, but with the same violin string effects he generally uses in his work...
  23. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
  24. DarthQuellonis Jedi Master

star 4
  25. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I did actually break out my Wrath Of Khan album and "spin the black circle" they other day. I had really forgotten how great this score is - how familiar so many of the cues still are to me. Maybe the majesty of Goldsmith's TMP score overshadows all the subsequent Star Trek scores.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.