What Scores are Everyone Listening to Now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by lordvader10, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Commander_Kayman Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just Listened to Anakin's betrayal and I'm now listening the soundtrack from a game called Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Very Star Wars'like. I Recommand this soundtrack to everyone
  2. achenar Jedi Padawan

right now to the soundtrack of "road to perdition" track number 7. i love this one
  3. Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Master

star 3
    "Poisoned Chalice" from Hans Zimmer's score to The Da Vinci Code.

I'm only on my first listen, but I'm ejoying this score quite a bit; not quite up with my expectations, but enjoyable nonetheless.
  4. General_Quenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've had it for a while and when it came out I listened to it but gradually lost interest in it, but very recently I have fallen in love with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Similarly, I have rediscovered Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. Both albums are really fun to listen to...so much more than I remembered.
  5. bulletproof Jedi Padawan

http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/13729207
    I'm listening to "Yoda's Theme" for Star Wars, by John Williams. I found this on Napsterlinks. You can click on the link above, and enter your email address.
  6. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am currently listening to Waterworld by James Newton Howard. This is the score that really got me hooked on Howard's work and is still one of my favorites of his.
  7. bulletproof Jedi Padawan

That's cool. James Newton-Howard is good. I was trying to find the same song on Napsterlinks, but other songs are coming up, instead on "Waterworld."

James Newton-Howard : http://www.napster.com/artist/11514896
    You can click on the link above to see the list of songs that are available on there.
  8. Darth_Maestro Force Ghost

star 4
    Offenbach: Gaîté Parisienne - Orpheus in the Underworld - Voyage ot the Moon

I don't know if it counts as the type of scores your all talking about but it still incidental music to an acted work,right.:-B an what an amazingly fun!! cd to listen to. it so French.[face_love] I JUST CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH!!![:D] [:D] It's rythm are just so catchy and full of burlesque attitude typical of the age and just no words to describe it.;)
  9. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    X-Men: The Last Stand

i was a little unsure of John Powell at first when i heard he'd be composing for X-Men: The Last Stand but after listening to the soundtrack it's pretty damn good stuff
  10. Emperor's Prize Jedi Master

star 4
    "The Breaking of the Fellowship" - Fellowship of the Ring

Even after all this time, this piece of music is so incredibly emotional.
  11. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I just purchased E.T.

Very odd. Very odd indeed. It's like hearing ESB and Harry Potter mashed together. I haven't seen the film in a long time, so I'll assume that those "Yoda's theme" quotations are legit.
  12. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, there is a person dressed as Yoda during the Halloween sequence and Williams provided a musical cameo for the theme. Love that moment. Love that score, in fact.
  13. Emperor's Prize Jedi Master

star 4
    Fellowship of the Ring - The Complete Recordings
  14. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Is it just me, though, or do moments with the lower brass sound like the Imperial March is about to kick in?
  15. bulletproof Jedi Padawan

http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/16547114

I was only able to find "The Breaking Of The Fellowship" by St. Petersburg State Academic Symphonic Orchestra on Napsterlinks. Is this the same version or not? You can listen to it, and let me know, because I'm curious.
  16. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Great Escape (Elmer Bernstein)

This score has everything...comedic marches, Bernstein's gentler pastoral writing, that brooding four-note theme for the prison camp, and ROUSING action music. The two-CD set is one of my most treasured...

ttbk
  17. Emperor's Prize Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm listening to my personal remix of the Star Wars Saga. ;)
  18. __Vader__ Force Ghost

star 3
    When I was watching the DVD I did a double take when I first heard the (bassoon?) "bad guys" motif. I could have sworn it was the Imperial March. After purchasing and listening to the score, I now realise that it only vaugely resembles it.
  19. Emperor's Prize Jedi Master

star 4
    Currently listening to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
  20. PadmeLover1991 Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'm listening to pirates of the caribbean: curse of the black pearl.

i hope to be listening to dead man's chest soon as the music was brilliant.
  21. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Zam the assassin and the Chase from Attack of the Clones.
  22. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the Superman Returns soundtrack today so right now I'm listening to the song: Saving the World. (other than my SW tracks, this one rocks!)
  23. -Commander_Thigh- Jedi Master

star 4
    You won't hear anything. The heart stopped beating long ago.

24. thebadge Force Ghost

star 4
    Had to pay a lot more than I wanted to, but I broke down and bought the complete German Import Soundtrack to DAS BOOT.

My favorite movie ever and a great soundtrack.

Agree with the above poster on Road to Perdition (you should get Millers Crossing Soundtrack if you like Road to Perdition)

chow
  25. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    When? In 2000 when Zimmer did Gladiator?
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.