1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Clone Wars What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc) 39 vote(s) 11.2%
Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc) 49 vote(s) 14.0%
Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory) 61 vote(s) 17.5%
Expelled from the Jedi Order 44 vote(s) 12.6%
Away on a solo mission 13 vote(s) 3.7%
Assigned to a new master 16 vote(s) 4.6%
Knighted and away on a mission 17 vote(s) 4.9%
Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed 41 vote(s) 11.7%
Fallen to the Dark Side 21 vote(s) 6.0%
MIA/POW 48 vote(s) 13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nevermind a second time. I will not feed...
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Took awhile to read through all of these varying ideas that you most recently posted. When you write, you go hard! This is sincerely the closest thing I think you have concocted towards a 'pro-survive' Ahsoka stance that doesn't diminish the rest of the saga. I know you were being slightly comedic with it, but it got me thinking. However, as ridiculous as it sounds, the first thing I thought when I read this is Ahsoka hides out by working in Watto's shop. No chance of Anakin showing up there ever again. Other than possibly with a bomb dropped from orbit.
  3. LukeTano Jedi Knight

star 3
    What about Ahsoka and Rex are sharing ships and Order 66 is issued but the clones defy it since they don't want to hit Rex?

Also, what if, say, Aura Sing breaks out of jail, or something like that, and Anakin sends Ahsoka on a mission. While she's gone, Palpatine is "kidnapped", Anakin and Obi-wan "rescue" him and ROTS happens. And Anakin merely goes to Mustafar and doesn't care about Ahsoka. I mean, perhaps he wasn't willing to let Sidious kill Obi-wan if he didn't have to see it. Perhaps he figures, either Aura will kill Ahsoka or the clones will when she returns to the Temple. But somehow, either she chases Aura and gets lost in the Unknown regions, or she beats Aura but somehow manages to come back and get Obi-wan's message warning to stay away. Also, Anakin perhaps may have forgotten about her after he got his flamin' hot looks and hearing that Padmé died and from all his plans against Obi-wan.

Also, perhaps Palpatine forgot about her when he mentioned Obi-wan. And maybe he didn't think much of her so he didn't bother to mention her. Who knows? It's likely Anakin had others he was close to besides Obi-wan.

Also, I might add, that Palpatine not mentioning her at that point only means that somehow she might be off the scene by the time Anakin falls to the Dark Side, not by the time ROTS starts. Given the cannon, nothing would contradict her being alive and around during the first half or so of ROTS. All they'd need to do was think of a reason for her not to be shown or with Anakin during that time. (i.e. off on a mission, being punished by being sentenced to library duty for being reckless, again [face_laugh], etc)

Also, something happening to Ahsoka, not necessarily death, or maybe he merely thinks she died, but it turns out years later that she doesn't, kind of like how Anakin Skywalker was supposed to be dead in ANH but he wasn't, and this happens during ROTS so that he is fine at the start but is so desperate to save Padmé that attacking Mace and becoming Vader now seems a valid option.

Also, the sand people, or at least that tribe, attacked Anakin's mother. However, Mace wasn't trying to kill Padmé. Why attack Mace? Why turn on the Jedi like that?
  4. LukeTano Jedi Knight

star 3
    ---Victory IS Ours---------

At last, they've got a scene where Anakin is upset and furious with Obi-wan and the Council. Also, he nearly got Dooku and Palpatine was watching eagerly. And he promised to make sure nothing happened to Palpatine.

Being a former slave + Loss of Shmi + Massacre of Tuskan village + loss of arm to Dooku + Mistrust of Jedi + Mistrust of Obi-wan + Promise to protect the Chancellor + fear of losing Padmé + Dooku calling Anakin inferior + Palpatine's seeming trust of Anakin + Not being made a Master + Not being allowed to go after Previous + Being in favor of a stronger and more powerful leader + Anakin Ego = Darth Vader.

No Ahsoka dead required in the equation. Victory is ours! [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]=D==D==D=:cool:[face_dancing]:D:)
  5. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    LukeTano: Please do not post spoilers for current episodes in this thread -- if they are mild spoilers, be sure to at least black them out.
  6. LukeTano Jedi Knight

star 3
    I thought that a spoiler was something that revealed future events, not events that have already shown, albeit recently.

So what exactly is a spoiler then?

7. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Any information not already known before an episode is shown, and at least a few days after. Not everyone watches the episodes as soon as they air -- I know there are at least a couple of people here who watch it the day after, have it recorded, or download/stream it (hopefully the legal way...).
  8. LukeTano Jedi Knight

star 3
    A quick look at the Star Wars Wiki shows that more than one Queen began her reign at, or even before, the age of 14. Therefore, it might be plausible that Ahsoka is far more mature than a typical teenager in our galaxy. Also, she's a Jedi too. Therefore, perhaps a stronger Ahsoka isn't too far out of line.

Also, it looks like there might be the long awaited Ventress vs. Grievous in the next episode, though why they're waiting a week, hmmmm, Valentine's day perhaps?

It's official, I've gone about 1 full year since my last ban was ISSUED (unless you count the Wookie Sith incident, which actually just extended a ban. How they figured that out is beyond me. Unless rumblewagon told on me......

Have any of you seen that Mountain Dew commercial/U-tube video. It has these guys and a dark sider who have captured the Essence of the Force. A Jedi, suing a fancy new green power, and kung fu, defeats the bad guy minions and manages to beat the dark sider in a duel. He then opens the box containing the essence of the Force and it's a can of Mountain Dew. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

9. EECHUUTA Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Ahsoka might just end up either being expelled or she leaves the Jedi Order. Maybe she finds out some major part of the Seperatist plot but acts very rashly and puts a lot of people in danger, and the Jedi kick her out. Anakin tries to come to her defense, but the Council very firmly tells him the descision is final and for him to let her go. Anakin tries to obey the Order's wishes, but his anger ferments because he believes that while what Ahsoka did was rash, she did act with a good reason. Since she is away from the battle and the clones (as Rex and the others can't go and see her) she survives Order 66.

If she is expelled like this, there is no need for them to mention her anywhere and she's not considered a threat by Sidious as she took a Jedi oath not to use her powers again. :cool:

10. LukeTano Jedi Knight

star 3
    You think she could break it though. I mean, that's what Sidious would do.......

11. Jedsithor Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I've come to the conclusion that she won't be killed, she won't become a Jedi Knight and she won't leave the Jedi Order.

Why won't she be killed? Because Anakin seems pretty content at the beginning of Episode 3. If she were to be killed, I think Dooku would be the one to do the killing, which would add something to their duel in Revenge of the Sith (You have hate, you have anger...but you don't use them) but overall Anakin seems pretty content. Because Ashoka didn't exist when ROTS was made, she isn't mentioned and shoehorning her into Anakin's fall would just feel way too forced. When ROTS begins, Anakin is a great Jedi hero with a wife who loves him. If the potential death of Padme was enough to turn him to the Dark Side then surely the actual death of his apprentice would turn him before Episode 3.

Why won't she become a Jedi Knight? She's too young. It's as simple as that. More than that, she only spends a maximum of 3 years with Anakin. Both Obi-Wan and Anakin spent at least 10 years as Padawan learners. Ashoka may be a gifted Jedi being trained by the Chosen One, but if she were to become a Knight after just 3 years then she would actually overshadow Anakin.

Leaving the Order would seem to be the most obvious choice then but we've yet to see a reason as to why she'd leave. The Jedi are all she knows. Jedi who have left the Order in the past have generally done so because they've become disillusioned by everything and with the war going on that's certainly a possibility, I wouldn't rule it out but I don't think that's what's going to happen.

So, if she doesn't die, doesn't become a Knight and doesn't stop being a Jedi, what could possibly happen to her? If you look at the beginning of Episode 3, her absence provides a possible answer - she simply stops being Anakin's apprentice. Jedi Knights and Masters usually choose their own padawans but in the first episode (the movie), Ashoka is chosen for Anakin by the Council. Part of the reason is because they feel Anakin basically needs to keep his feet on the ground, to temper his passion. Since the Council chose Ashoka for Anakin, they could conceivably choose to split them up.

But why would they do that? Well, the answer is in the title of the show - WAR. Her entire period as a padawan is spent fighting a war. But being at peace is a key element of Jedi training and it's something she can't experience on the battlefield. I can see the Council deciding that Ashoka needs to be taken off the front lines for meditation and study. The problem is, Anakin is one of their key assets. The Jedi can't afford to have him on the sidelines. Thus the only solution is to split them up. If the series leads into Revenge of the Sith, we know that Anakin and Obi-Wan spend a lot of time fighting in the Outer Rim Sieges before Palpatine is kidnapped. Anakin's dialogue in Sith indicates that it's a seemingly never-ending conflict and it's certainly not a place for a padawan who needs to spend time away from the war. So I can see Ashoka and Anakin parting ways on good terms before the latter leaves with Obi-Wan for the Outer Rim. Whether Ashoka then trains at the temple or is assigned to another Jedi who isn't on the front lines is another matter.

This of course would mean that Ashoka's ultimate fate would be unseen. Does she die in Order 66 or does she go into hiding? Does Darth Vader kill her in the temple or track her down during the Dark Times? That can be left to the imagination or answered in the live action series. I don't think we necessarily need to know if Ashoka lives or dies during the Clone Wars. We can assume she dies in Order 66. In any case, having Anakin and Ashoka part ways on good terms is the best way to go about it considering Anakin's state of mind at the beginning of ROTS,
  12. Valairy Scot Backpacking One Pack a Day Mod of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Now that is certainly plausible (and ties in with what Yoda and Obi-Wan said in the TCW movie).
  13. CaptainYossarian Jedi Master

star 3
    I don't think the series should go past Ep III or even up to Ep III. I think it should end with some colossal battle some time before it (at least a month) and maybe Anakin does something questionable which angers the Council and they decide he is either unfit ot be a teacher, or needs a break from it and so they reassign Ahsoka to Plo Koon. So that relates to Anakin's increasing anger at not being made a master in ROTS, since he has not been given the chance to train an apprentice and earn the title. So Anakin and Ahsoka part ways at the end of the series.

Then it will be for other media to tell what happens next. Ahsoka is with Plo Koon on Cato Neimoidia when he dies. She survives the intial onslaught of Order 66 but is now masterless. She gets away and then gets the signal to stay away from the Temple. So after that she is in hiding and therefore not present for any of Ep III.
  14. Jedsithor Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, when the show ends I think it could be cool to do a TV movie set during Order 66, with the story taking place during and immediately after the events of Revenge of the Sith. Would it interfere with Star Wars: Underworld? Perhaps but we don't know enough about the show to say whether Order 66 will play any part (seriously though Rick, just call it Star Wars: The Dark Times) and given that the show is too expensive to make right now, telling the Order 66 story as part of the Clone Wars in the form of a movie, related yet separate to the show, could be interesting.

One thing I don't want to see is Ashoka turning up in a post-Jedi EU novel or to have her secretly helping the rebellion. I hated the Starkiller character for that very reason (well that and him being more powerful than the Chosen One). I think Ashoka needs to die long before A New Hope. Do we actually need to see it in the Clone Wars? No. Could a post-Clone Wars movie be the place to do it? Perhaps.

Incidentally, it was mentioned that she could potentially escape with Rex, who would disobey Order 66. You know, if anything I think Rex would shoot her in the back if he had to. Why? Well, Cody doesn't disobey Order 66. While we've had episodes dealing with the Clones becoming people and not just biological droids, having Clones disobey Order 66 would kinda defeat the purpose of it all. From a dramatic standpoint, having all of the clones obey the order makes the whole thing all the more tragic. They spend 3 years fighting alongside Jedi, developing personalities of their own, forming friendships, but for all their growth as people, they are compelled to follow this one order.
  15. Seerow Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Cool, I had never thought of Ahsoka getting reassigned peacefully from Anakin. I like that idea. I've really been behind the theory that Ahsoka will be reassigned to Plo for a while now. Not sure how peaceful it could be because it seems to me Ahsoka is getting setup to get into major trouble with stuff like Lux and that'll all fall on Anakin. I think Plo is the likely candidate because of the mentor and student relationship that's already been developed. Because Plo has stepped on Anakin's toes a couple of times. And I find it convenient there is an entire group of original clones who were not in ROTS known as the Wolfpack under Plo's command. They are shown quite the opposite to key 501st characters. I think if Order 66 is shown its going to be Wolffe who executes it on Ahsoka. Rex will either die a hero before then or become an example of what happens to clones who don't follow order 66. Dave Filoni has hinted about doing this both on the season 1 blu-ray commentary and on his recent facebook post. Rex just seems like the likely candidate there. OOU Rex will lose alot of his marketability if he isn't portrayed a hero so I think his fate depends on where the show ends.

I'm really not sure where that whole scenario leaves Rex if he doesn't die. I just don't think there is room for him anymore to go with Vader into the Jedi Temple and I doubt the series would ever reshow that. Rex could get reassigned to Wolfpack with Ahsoka getting reassigned to Plo. I can see Anakin making that request. Or a tangent of the 501st could be with Ahsoka and Wolfpack at the time of Order 66. Its much easier for me to imagine Rex disobeying Order 66 if he is not the highest ranking clone officer there when the order is given. A showdown between Rex and Wolffe could be quite dramatic. I also find it interesting that following Umbara with room for one more clone to die there is a perfect super sentai like team of clones and wolfpack has counterparts for each member except Fives. If Ahsoka is to be shown escaping on screen, powerful as she is I don't think she can do it all by herself. Lux doesn't seem like he'll do her much good yet.
  16. LukeTano Jedi Knight

star 3
    My thought is that the clones receiving Order 66 might have thought they were the only ones to get it. I mean, Cody may have thought that Obi-wan was the only getting the Order on. If he knew everywhere Palpatine was issuing it, he probably wouldn't have fired at Obi-wan. It's possible some of the clones find out. Anyway, there already is a case, somewhere, of clones disobeying the Order.

Another weird thing worth pointing out, and this is also confusing, considering how did the Imperial Officer know the Emperor wanted to speak with Vader in ESB if he couldn't communicate with him, or presumably the other Imperials, while they were in the asteroid field? Anyway, maybe Ahsoka and some clones try to ditch some bad guys in an asteroid field and happen to be out communication range when the order is issued and Palpatine, being the kind and forgiving guy that he is, NOT, declares those clones to be traitors and issues a manhunt for them and Ahsoka so they all have to go into hiding together and they don't later have a chance to attack her once they find out about the Order.

17. LukeTano Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm going to post all future Ahsoka survival theories at my proboards site (my other one got deleted when Message Forums died. :( :( )

(Points at signature.)

Also, here's another funny Ahsoka story, though not of survival.

(Too bad this didn't happen.)

Personally, I think Ahsoka will be away on a mission, she gets those every now and then and Anakin isn't with her, and maybe she gets lost from clones. Perhaps a situation happens to her like Padawan Lost, that may or may not involve Order 66 as part of it.

Anyway, the Ahsoka story:

Mace Windu: The oppression of the Sith will never return! You have lost!
    Sidious: No! No! You will die! (Zappppppppppp) (Mace blocks him.)
    Anakin: What's going on?
    Sidious: I told you it would come to this! The Jedi are taking over.
    Anakin: Stop Mace, I need him!
    Mace: he's too powerful! (Moves to finish off Sidious)
    Anakin: Nooooooooo! (Anakin Force pushes him against a wall.)
    Sidious: Power! Unlimited powwwwwwwerrrrr! (Tries to blast Mace out window but his power suddenly phases out and Mace quickly grabs onto the ledge and climbs back in.) (Confused) What that....?
    Ahsoka: Your unlimited power has been turned off because you missed your payments for the fourth month in a row!
    Sidious: Not you Ahsoka! You ruin everything!
    Ahsoka: Why are you listening to him Skyguy! He set you up?
    Anakin: (To Sidious) So,you set this whole thing up?
    Sidious: I! I!
    Anakin: (Pulls out lightsaber and spears Sidious through) You're finished Lord Sidious!
    Mace: Why did you attack me?
    Anakin: I'm married to Padmé. I had dreams of her dying.
    Mace: If you weren't the Chosen One and you hadn't just killed the last of the Sith, I'd expel you. As it is, I'll pass this over.
    Ahsoka: See, nothing to worry about. Another job well done. Now Anakin will never become Vader and the Galactic Empire will never happen! Hurray! I stopped the OT from happening! Go Ahsoka! It's your birthday! Unnnnh hunnnh! You the Togruta! Unnnnnhhhh hunnnnh!
    Anakin: I think that's enough gloating Snips.
    Ahsoka: Yes Master.
  18. FarEasterling Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ahsoka is Padme's bodyguard. Effective one. Always has been. Anakin trusts her with this task without a second thought. And Ahsoka is on exceptionally good terms with Padme on her own. And yet in ROTS Anakin is deeply concerned about Padme's security alone (other Jedi do not count anymore). If even Ahsoka was reassigned by any reason (the Counsil decides to cure Anakin becoming more and more possessed with an act of selfless letting go, Palpatine drops a word "Let the child go"... I guess Anakin will not commit a war crime in eyes of Ahsoka till ROTS, so it won't be a case)it could not prevent her from protecting Padme - separately from Anakin. And yet there is no such thing.
    So, this generally gives room to something that could happen only between women - the room wherein no male is admitted and, hence, no open discussion after. This could be Ahsoka's discovery of Mr. and Mrs. Skywalker thing. Being the mirror of Mr. Skywalker, Ahsoka can spit out something freshly heard like "Ah, I always knew you don't trust me. How many more half-truths you keep for me BOTH?", etc. This could play a greatest tool for letting Ahsoka into the inner sircle of Padme and Anakin (confessions, tears, descriptions of irresistable love) but Anakin must deny her that privilege and Padme will follow him.
  19. TiniTinyTony Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just had a random thought that it would be cool to see someone actually expelled from the Jedi Order. Most of the time either Jedi die (killed), or turn to the Dark Side. It would be different to see someone actually expelled like Obi-wan threatened to Anakin in AOTC.

What do you think? You think Ahsoka could get expelled, leave the order quietly in one episode and then another episode show her living in a nice home with a husband and kids on some random planet in another episode?

Highly unlikely for Ahsoka's character, but just a random thought I had.
  20. StarWarsFan91 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know what Ahsoka's fate should be.

It goes like this.....

After a big battle between Separatists forces...Ahsoka is injured, while bleeding, she is surrounded by battle droids.

Ahsoka: NO, i must KILL THE CLANKERS

*her comlink crackered, and the voice of Rex were herd*

Rex: No Ahsoka...you ARE THE CLANKERS.

And then Ahsoka was a battle droid.
    --------------------

If they actually did copy the best doom fan fic ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3LKadZ4LFU), for her ending, then i would consider the TCW writers would become extreme trolls. Though im sure this isn't going to happen, it would be humorous if after TCW ended, we got to see what if alternate endings/over the top ones. This one being one of them.
  21. LukeTano Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about this?
    It's more comical than likely to happen:
    Ahsoka: Why of all the planets out there did I have to get ambushed by two lost droid fighters and crash land on Dagobah? (Her ships sinks but she gets out in time.) Oh drat! What shall I do?
    (Explores and finds "The Cave")
    Ahsoka: The Dark Side is strong here. (Heads inside to find out if a Sith is inside.)
    Anakin: Hello Snips. (Turns into Sith Suit Vader) (Horrified) What?! (Sith Vader cuts down younglings and Jedi.) Anakin, what are you doing?! Your time has come Snips! (Enraged) Noooooo! (Chops off his head) (Suit Vader's head becomes Anakin's head.) I wonder what all that means? I hope I get off this planet sometime soon.
    (A few days later.) (Yoda lands, but she doesn't know it.)
    Ahsoka: I've felt such terrible disturbances in the Force. I hope Skyguy hasn't really gone rogue. It seems several Jedi cried out and were suddenly silenced. What can this mean? Anakin is in pain! He's angry! He.....oh my! Noooooooo! It's true! It's all true! He is a Sith! (Like Luke when he learned Vader was his father.) No! No! No! (Yoda lands.) The Force is strong with whoever this is. (Worried) What if it's Skyguy? I fear the Sith may have taken over the Galaxy. I've never felt such a dark tremor in the Force, not even at the start of the Clone Wars. I'd better hide. The Sith might be after me. (Hides for several years.)
    Luke: I think I'm almost ready to be a Jedi Knight.
    Yoda: No, face Vader you must!
    Luke: About that.....
    Yoda: Bothering you, something is.....
    Luke: Vader said....never mind. Not now.
    Ahsoka: (Not noticing them) (While they are talking) Finally! I've been trapped on this horrid planet for over 20 years! At last! (Takes off in Luke's ship.) (Yells out window) Sorry, I've been stuck here for 23 years!
    Luke: Hey! That's my ship! (Ahsoka leaves.)
    Yoda: Told you, not ready to be a Jedi you are.

22. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    My new fate for Ahsoka:
    She's battling Grievous and he slices her in half and she falls down a shaft. She's dead.
    All the Ahsoka haters dance and cheer like Ewoks around a bonfire.

But then.....Ahsoka comes back...... (wait, no that's a crazy idea....)
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Master

star 5
    Your posts never cease to amuse me rumble.
  24. JM_1977 Jedi Master

star 6
    =D=Well played. If Maul can do it then why can't anyone else do the same
  25. Togruta Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, I think Darth Maul comparison jokes are more tiresome than amusing by now..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.