main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well would certaintly give them some heroes to use if Clone Wars carries on a bit past the end of Episode 3. With Darth Vader and Tarquin has the main enforcers instead of Grevious and Dooku.

As for that Starkiller crap, I like to ignore it personally.

2. Kal La Kai

Kal La Kai Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    I just remembered something that shot through my mind during the finale. It was at the end when they were back at the temple and the council was apologizing to Ahsoka.

When Mace Windu was praising her I seriously thought the council was going to knight her right then and there. I know it sounds foolish but since Mace said she had become a better, I literally thought he meant a "better Jedi." Ahsoka was able to keep from going down the dark side when everyone had betrayed her. A requirement for a Padawan who is to become a knight is a full understanding of the dark side and how to not follow down it's path. I think Ahsoka displayed this very well.

So, it makes me wonder, if she had been offered the rank of a knight, would she have stayed? Probably not, but its interesting to think about. She is the same age as Bariss, whom is a knight. All though Bariss kicked the snot out of Ahsoka, so perhaps she isn't quite at that level yet. :p

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Barriss is referred to as a Padawan on the OS episode guide.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    **** that, she's a Knight. That same episode guide says Alderaan appeared in this episode.

Mia Mesharad and JackG like this.
  5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I don't think anything the Council could have said would have made Ahsoka change her mind at that point. She's almost completely lost all her faith in the Jedi Order by that point, and she is deeply troubled by Barriss' assertion that the Order has become as corrupt as the government. Plus, Mace's words simply felt disingenuous given all that transpired prior to Anakin clearing her name. Even if the Council had intended to knight her, it's all too little too late.

Kal La Kai likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    What is word of god?

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    'Tis when a creator (writer usually) states something definitively about a piece of fiction, usually when there's disagreement among fans.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    -takes notes.-

07jonesj likes this.
  9. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Also what is the meaning of a "Knight" is a group that betrayed you? I agree. If I offered someone the title of "general" in the "crap army", it doesn't mean much. I think Ahsoka knows that. The Jedi Order is insincere and so are their titles.

Kal La Kai likes this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Jedi Council tried to knight Ahsoka almost like an apology for turning her over to Military Tribunal and sitting on thier balls while Ahsoka was nearly sentenced to death. I thought that was pretty offensive IMO.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  11. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    I agree. It's equivalent of someone getting a promotion as compensation for a huge screwup. My guess is the Council wanted to Knight her just so she can forget this whole thing.

The Council sucks.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Make ya wonder what might of happened if they hadn't attempted to knight her or said it was her great trial, if the Jedi Council had gone with a straight up apology.

13. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Still think she would have split.

Question: does this change your view of the Jedi in ROTS? I used to feel bad for them because of Order 66. Don't get me wrong, I still feel bad they were betrayed and systematically killed, but after how bad they betrayed Ahsoka, it's almost a fitting end.

14. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    While other material has convinved me that the Jedi aren't all that [Darth Plagueis], this latest episode further pushes it forward.

Is it any wonder why Palpatine managed to sway so many people that the Jedi deserved to die after the Declaration?

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    As an order the Jedi really seem like they suck after this episode. They really do seem to be losing their way and falling apart. However individually I still think Obi-wan, Ima-Gun-Di, Yoda, Aayla, Kit, Terra, and Shaak all seem like heroes from what I've seen. Plo, Ki-Adi, and Mace have even had some great moments of heroism. Individually I still see them as the good guys and will be sad for their deaths.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If it were me, I still would have left.. But on better terms than I would have with a half-hearted apology and a bribe.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Am I the only one who saw the Jedi Council's offering of becoming a Knight as genuine? They admitted they were wrong and that she had clearly been really strong throughout this ordeal, so they offered her the position she deserved.

I don't feel it was as back-handed as everyone else seems to be making it out to be.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    My view's not really changed. As stupid as several aspects of the Jedi's involvement in this arc were written, I chose to note it truly as a case of poor writing in these episodes rather than some legitimate scathing indictment of the Order as a whole: the failure was on the part of the writers, who did not know how to appropriately balance the issues, not on the theoretical individuals the characterization was supposed to represent. Other materials from this same time period portray a much more competent Jedi Council than what we were supposed to stomach from the Order's leaders during this last episode, leaving the arc as an outlier and exception rather than the rule.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    07jonesj I thought it was genuine at first. However after rewatching the episode a few times it feels more like a cover up in the weird way Mace brings it up and the look on Ahsoka's face as he tells her.

phatdude1138 likes this.
  20. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    But at the same time, this episode showcases the huge flaw in the Jedi-answering to the Republic and being bound by a bunch of crappy red tape.

Why couldn't the Jedi just leave the Republic to their messes and go solitary like those other Light Side sects?

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I just thought the writers were playing the, "every line by the Council should be spoken by a different Council member" game. So when Plo apologizes and Mace offers the position, I really took that as the whole Council apologizing and then offering the position.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    I think each Jedi really did feel sorry, or more embarrassed of what they had done. But sadly they are still just tools of their own Order. I love that look on her face. It shows that she knows it's just an empty apology. She knows the Jedi will never change, and that they would do it again if they needed too.

23. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    The more I think about "Ahsoka's Fate" the more angry I get. I don't want to blend threads, but after reading the "Should TCW Come Back?" thread it seems like we are chasing a lost cause hoping for Ahsoka's future. Hear me out:

We all know that:
    "Some episodes" of season 6 have been filmed.
    We have to assume these take place after Ahsoka left the order in the latest episode.
    We know Ashley said she didn't record with Matt, James or Dee.
    Dave Filoni appears to temporarily have won the argument of him wanting Ahsoka to live.
    TCW are dangerously close to the ROTS timeline (less than 12 months)

So is Ahsoka on borrowed time anyway with TCW? Or is there a possibility that she will live on in at least the EU? I know we have to "wait" to see what happens with season 6, but it doesn't seem like half the season is worth telling these additional Ahsoka stories. I'd rather leave it with the season 5 finale and turn it over to the EU, then diminish the epic and emotional ending in this last episode.

24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Me.

Because Grievous is out there killing innocent people. Grievous takes his orders from Sidious, who wants the Jedi embroiled in the war and knows exactly what buttons to press in order to keep them involved in it.

Btw on another topic, I haven't read the KOTOR comics, but isn't what happened to Ahsoka really similar to what happened to Zayne Carrick?

25. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    As in the general vibe of a Padawan on the run for something they didn't do, trying to clear their name? Yeah, there's some similarities there. But the situation and reason for Zayne being on the run was quite different from Ahsoka's, to say the least, and Zayne's Council is far more...problematic than the Clone Wars-era Council.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.