main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I don't wanna see her dead... Period.

Nubbs, phatdude1138 and BW2 like this.
  2. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Ahsoka deserves a cameo in my Fanmovie. [face_party]

phatdude1138 likes this.
  3. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I think her character does need some form of conclusion. And if she doesn't die the chances become greater that she will appear in one of the movies and that is something I don't want to see (I don't want to see no 70 year old Ahsoka in the sequels).

4. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Agreed x100

For some reason I just feel every character in SW is robbed of a future one way or another. Call me over emotional, but I want to see a character actually escape doom and death. Watching Ahsoka go from young teen to a young woman, gives me hope that the galaxy is not 100% crap. Why rob this young woman that's only tried to do good all her life of having a future? I know people like death and despair, but lets give Ahsoka an actual meaningful future. Not every great character dies in a blaze of glory or has to have an ironic death.

Even the "known" old heroes had a miserable life: Vader is a asthmatic walking machine. Obi-Wan lived his final 20 years as a hermit. Yoda died in a swamp after being a hermit for 20 years. I would like Ahsoka to stay out of any of the mainstream Star Wars stories. I would like to see the places we don't see or hear about that have a hero of their own doing good until the day she dies (age 110) :)

Nubbs and CaptainRex115 like this.
  5. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Why would she be in the sequels? Possibly a jedi master on the jedi council, that would be cool. However she can live the clone wars, that doesnt mean she rejoins the jedi order when it comes back.

6. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    True but you also need to remember that there is a war going on and we are dealing with characters that are key figures in that war. How many soldiers from WWII had happy endings?

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    phatdude1138

While I find Cyborgs awesome - period - I agree with you. Jedi do deserve better than what we see in the EU.

I dunno. They've done the "Jedi spouts fortune cookie wisdom before he dies" thing so often it is almost cliché at this point. 'soka would need to say something really profound for the scene to work.

I think Vader would be more interested in recruiting her than killing her anyway because he knows she is a capable fighter. No sense in wasting possible assets.

8. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Millions did..... My two Grandfathers for instance... I don't think your point makes much sense.

9. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Sure it makes sense. There is a war going on and in war bad things happen to lots and lots of people. Congrats that your grandfathers made it through the war.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    But Ahsoka isn't even part of the war anymore. She more or less deserted. She won't be close to Clones when Order 66 is executed and she is a crafty girl. There's a good chance she will survive.

11. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting her to hook up with a rich guy and live in a beautiful mansion by a lake where she's tending her garden. I expect her to have a hard life, but a meaningful one. I see her as a tuff humanitarian. Righting wrongs. Basically a Robin Hood of the Empire.

Nubbs likes this.
  12. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Lol, you know what is funny is that although I know this won't happen since this is just a t.v. show and sci fi movie franchise but if this were anything like real life she probably would have been executed for doing what she did.

13. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I know it's a bit overdone, I was just listing some stuff.

He'd also know she's unlikely to join him, so he'd have little choice but to kill her.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka would never join the Dark Side, ( that business on Mortis, doesn't, doesn't count )

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Turning her isn't that difficult, really. He knows all her weaknesses inside out, is a very methodical man and would have all the time in the world because dealing with her is probably only a secondary or tertiary objective anyway.

It would be funny. Both trying to turn the other. It would make me laugh so hard.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I certainly don't see why not.

17. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I don't see that happening mainly just because she is a very popular character created for the TCW cartoon. And the clone wars cartoon was created for very young children.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My kids watch cartoons, and "dark" stuff happens in them all the time. I don't think her turning would upset the kid-audience; I think their reaction would be more along the lines of "Oh cool! She has red sabers now!"

And there has been plenty of darkness in this show already; I mentioned it in the Discussion of Old TCW Episodes thread, but torturing Ropal to death in season 2 was pretty damn dark, about as dark as anything we've seen in the films. It creeped me out more than it creeped out my 7-year-old son.

From a character standpoint, Ahsoka has as many "dark side" tendencies as any other character who isn't a Jedi Master. I can't see Obi-Wan Kenobi ever turning, and couldn't even if I didn't know his canon fate, but most other characters are fair game. I have to say it shocked the hell out of me in Shatterpoint when Depa Billaba turned. But the point is that it could happen, and if we remove such a fate from Ahsoka, it makes her a bit Mary Sue-ish.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Ahsoka would never go dark. She controls her anger, unlike anakin, and would also never hurt an innocent person, also unlike anakin.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL

LOL.

Right. Ahsoka Sue is sooooo much better than Anakin. She got her vaccination at age 2 months and now has Dark Side Immunity.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    No but she was imbued with the Power of the Light Side on Mortis. She's the new Daughter.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Reasserting my position.

24. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Ahsoka is far better than Anakin. She hasn't killed a whole tribe of people, including innocent women and children. Ahsoka hasn't user her hate as anakin did in episode 2 "I HATE THEM, theyre animals and i slaughtered them like animals".... How about instead of saying LOL you actually provide examples of Ahsoka not controlling her anger and/or her hurting innocents.... I'll be waiting.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. You want to have a Tusken slaughter debate in LACWAC?

Because of course those Tuskens were just minding their own business and never kidnapped an innocent woman and tortured her to death...and of course, Ahsoka's mother died in her arms and because she is soooo much better than Anakin, she waved her hand at her mother's torturers and said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do", smiled and walked away...

Oh, wait...

Here's a thought:

How about actually explaining the situation in full context, as opposed to "ZOMG HE KILLED TUSKEN BABIEZ!" and then make a comparison in which Ahsoka was in the same situation that Anakin was in and behaved better, if you want to prove that Ahsoka was better than Anakin?

I don't think it will happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.