main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Assuming that there is only going to be one more season or a few choice arcs left, I imagine that we might have witnessed Ahsoka's true ending in the TCW series. It's open-ended enough to have her return in some other form in the future. I don't think there's enough time to dedicate another full arc to her (perhaps one or two episodes at most) without interfering with other more pressing story arcs (i.e. Order 66, Maul's fate, the fate of Rex, Boba Fett, etc.). From the preview we know that a prelude to Order 66 will be covered, and perhaps this arc may even go into Rex's ultimate fate.

At this point the finish line for the series is approaching, and any remaining stories will likely tie up loose ends and set the stage for RotS.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    From one of the other related threads....

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Yes, I agree. I feel her "ending" was a good way to keep her out of the "Order 66" fate, but I was hoping we could see her future. I'd much rather have her alive and be revived in some other media, show, movie or at least a set of books.

I'll be angered beyond belief if the kill her off in these last remaing episodes. Would seem like a waste to have such a beautiful ending just to kill er off before ROTS. I just hope who ever takes her over, does her story justice.

rumblewagon likes this.
  4. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, since TCW is ending and it's unlikely we'll see much of her in the remaining arcs, I still feel its obvious what her fare is.

After leaving the Jedi, she becomes a stripper.

5. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Being an "alive stripper" is better than a "dead Jedi"...

6. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually, I think she'd clean up.

"You WILL spend all your private dance money on me!"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    That and she's very acrobatic.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I smell a Cinemax spin-off show potential!

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  10. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Honestly though, I hope she's not in any future episodes. I'm hoping the EU can give her a proper home..

rumblewagon likes this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Don't give Filoni any ideas, guys. :p

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, in some of the interviews Ashley Eckstein has given post-finale, she seems to imply that we will not see any more of Ahsoka.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They might be leaving their options open for Ahsoka to appear in future Lucas Animation projects, or maybe they'll let the books and novels cover her fate. Every now and then they alluded to her "ultimate" fate and also mentioned that she had to work her trust issues toward the Jedi out on her own.

So she goes off to sort things out, next thing she knows the Jedi are wiped out for treason. I think there's some potential there as far as tales regarding what she would do in the wake of that. Would she regret leaving? Would she see is as an inevitable tragedy that the Jedi brought upon themselves? etc.

All we know about Lucas Animation's next SW project is that it takes place in a new time frame that both films and TV have not covered (which is a huge span and doesn't really narrow things down). A Dark Times show would still allow for subsequent appearances by Ahsoka. There's also the teasing Filoni allegedly had done to Ashley that the S5 finale would be the last voice recording she would have with Matt "for a while." Which maybe I'm taking that too literally, or maybe she crops up one last time in TCW itself, or maybe the future show (though Matt Lanter as Darth Vader seems awful).

But unless Ashley is lying, she very recently stated that she still doesn't know what Ahsoka's ultimate fate is, so I'm guessing there will be no further appearances by her in TCW, since I'd imagine the voice work for the remaining episodes is done.

rumblewagon and phatdude1138 like this.
  14. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    TaradosGon, you read my mind exactly. I feel Ahsoka should TOTALLY be in the "Dark Times" series (if it happens). Or even EP7 (but that's a stretch). I know Ashley and Filoni hinted at "there are more stories of Ahsoka's to tell", but my only fear is I think Ahsoka works best in a "TCW Style" show. It sounds from Disney's announcement today "Lucasfilm Animation is going in a different direction". Which to me sounds like the format and "style" are changing or going away completely. I guess if it was a crappy 2d style animated show with Ashley as the voice I couldn't complain. But if it's live action, Ahsoka might not work. At this point we have NO MORE Ahsoka, so I guess I'd take her anyway I could get her.

Another interesting thing was in teh RFR interview with Ashley, Jimmy Mac said "do you feel that Ahsoka is being frozen to be mined later for future Star Wars projects?" I almost thought literally Ahsoka could be frozen in carbonite and thawed out in EP7. :) A 16 year old decently powerful Jedi girl taught by Anakin Skywalker himself comes face to face with a 60 year old Luke Skywalker. I know it's far fetched, but I like the idea...

It's the Ahsoka fate thread, I can dream....

rumblewagon likes this.
  15. Wonderllama

Wonderllama Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2013
    This poll needs a new option:

Breakout star of Star Wars: Episode VII!

16. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    That does make me wonder if they're going to turn the scripts for that stalled live-action t.v. Underworld series into a Dark Times animated series.

17. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    If this happened I would be the happiest person alive. However all evidence points to that Disney is not down for the production costs of a "TCW type" show. We can always hope though...

rumblewagon likes this.
  18. ObiWanandonly

ObiWanandonly Jedi Padawan

Sep 23, 2012
    Since she's no longer a jedi, she would survive Order 66, and therefore be able to be involved in any future stories in film, television, novels, etc.
    She has become such a major character, I would be surprised if she disappeared from the franchise entirely.

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    If she does, it's Filoni's fault for leaving it like he did. He KNOWS that as big as her character became it would be stupid to leave it open ended with RotS/ the dark times and OT all coming along. Basically Filoni played the audience and doesn't care.

20. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    I actually suggested that, assuming he reads the forums, so it'd piss him off seeing his pet character talked about in such a way.

Then again... I'm thinking he'd get off on the very idea of Strippersoka.

Of course in his take, she'd likely be "saved" from that life by former Jedi Master Dav Filo-Ni and then they get married and they have all the steamy hot sex he wants.

21. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    What's his fault? That she disappears from the franchise, or that she might appear in something else?

22. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    It's ridiculous to accuse Filoni of it being his fault that Ahsoka's fate was not wrapped up as you believe it should be. They had already planned out the conclusion of The Clone Wars before Kennedy pulled the plug on it. Likely, Kennedy saw the planned conclusion with Ahsoka being killed off and decided that there was no way a future Disney princess was going to get killed off.

23. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    From what I read it was always Dave's plan to let her walk away. It's not a cop-out if he planned it from the beginning, nor did he mislead anyone who quickly jumped to their own conclusions.

In any case I'm glad it's time for the "Ahsoka must die" crowd to grasp at straws for a while. The Pro-lifers seemingly had to do it long enough.:p

phatdude1138 and rumblewagon like this.
  24. phatdude1138

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah, the more TCW cancellation settles in, I think I like the idea of her being "frozen in time". Even if Disney and Lucas film abandon her, she'll still be in the back of everyone's mind "she's still alive". I would like the EU to explore her sooner, but in worse case, she might return in a decade after the ST loses it's luster. I just hope I live long enough to see the return of Ahsoka.

rumblewagon likes this.
  25. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well since I hate starkiller.
    Hopefully Ashoka can help found the rebel alliance in a Dark Times series.
    She can work with Lux, Saw, Bo Katan, Bail and maybe Asajj.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.