main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Ahsoka's fate is now only in the imaginations of each individual. No one predicted the TCW fate other than being "expelled from the Order" as partially correct.
    Where's a drone when you need one?

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    What Ahsoka's fate's really going to be:
    Absolutely nothing.
    [​IMG]

Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Nah, give it 10 years and we'll see Ahsoka again if not much sooner. =b

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    She'll show up again in the comics, novels or games. There are enough dissatisfied TCW fans, that I would think it would be profitable to then get those fans to go buy a series of $2.99 comics, a $60 game, or a $10-$20 novel (or series of novels) to wrap those story lines rather than leaving them to hang indefinitely.

TV shows, movies and the video games seem like they reach the widest audience. The novels and comics seem like they cater to a niche audience and I can't honestly say that I'd be aware of new releases in those formats had it not been for coming here. Plagueis, Revan, and Deceived are the only titles of recent memory that I would plausibly be aware of regardless, the latter two by virtue of their tie-ins to TOR and being advertised by that game's site, and Plagueis just seemed like it saw greater publicity than the average SW novel.

But with TCW dead (excluding the "bonus content") I would think it would be a cheaper and still very profitable endeavor to continue those stories in another format ASAP. It would get them on the audiences' radar while they are still hunting for news regarding the show and future stories, and might by extension be a boost to sales of other titles that a large segment of the TCW audience might not otherwise know about.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not thrilled about a potential announcement of Comics through Darkhorse being used to continue or resolve the TCW story myself. But its better than nothing I guess.

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I'd be fine with it so long as they don't do it via those little graphic novel books. The stories are generally good, but the art is always half-assed and incomplete.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    ^This.

There's a huge difference between this...
    [​IMG]

And this...
    [​IMG]

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    That first image is actually good compared to some of the stuff they put out these days.

9. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm not the biggest fan of comics. Don 't get me wrong, I have a few collections of Star Wars comics, it's just the amount of "content" you get compared to a novel is unbalanced. I can tear through a comic pretty quick, then assume you only get two or three releases a month. That's a lot of down time just to get a small story. Like others have said, I'll take what I can get, but I'd prefer the future of characters like Ahsoka be handled by veteran Star Wars EU authors.

rumblewagon likes this.
  10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    As we all saw, Ahsoka left the Order at the end of Season 5. What was the first thing you thought of when you saw that?

I, personally think that it was the"right" thing for her to do. The Jedi didn't stand on her side when she needed them most, which a family should do. If you can't trust your family, who can you trust then, right? She felt a kind of betray from the Jedi, a family that she trusted with her life.

What do you think? I would be glad to hear some of you guys' opinions.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I thought she was being a whiny, stuck-up *****.

12. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    One of Ahsoka's Force abilities is the power to create more threads about herself.

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That joke was funny the first time.

fett 4, Togruta, Esg and 1 other person like this.
  14. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    It's funny every time. Why? Because it's true.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This.

We've never seen the Jedi Council apologize to anyone in the movies or TCW. They made a mistake based on the information they had at the time, felt that turning her over to a Republic trial was a better option than trying to protect her from that trial--whether they were right or wrong, they did the best they could. They admitted they were wrong and said they were sorry. And her response was to whine that they didn't stand by her and trust her. Here's a thought, Snips, you made a few mistakes yourself. One of them was making a claim that you were innocent and then running like hell, which is what a guilty person does in such a situation, and making Anakin chase you.

"The Jedi Council doesn't trust me, how can I trust myself?" LOL, if your opinion of yourself is based on their opinion of you, maybe you should hang around for awhile and give them a chance to form a better opinion of you. But hope, you're going to run. Don't trip and fall down the steps on your way out of the Temple.

I felt really sorry for Anakin in these scenes, but Ahsoka...nope.

Togruta, FARK2005, Esg and 2 others like this.
  16. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    What was left unmentioned was the prophecy she'd received on Mortis about her fate if she stayed by Anakin's side. The ep didn't directly mention it, or even hint at it IIRC, but it had to be a factor.

I suspect this was something they planned to develop over a season or so, but with the sudden cancellation they didn't have the chance to do.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If she left because of that, she's even stupider than I thought.

Esg likes this.
  18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I always laugh at that line. :p

Also I do agree regarding the odd logic. Dave must glorify his ego-bruised Ahsoka.

Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I also cringed a bit at that line from Ahsoka, but I just chalked it up to her being young. It's nowhere near as bad as "Only a Sith deals in absolutes," but still a cringer.

Didn't they already have a TCW comics series? I guess it ended and this would be a new one? Would there be any difference in how high the canon is? Either way it won't be satisfying to me. There are already tons of Star Wars comics I love, what was different about TCW was that it was motion-picture like the films.

20. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    I think what we need to consider at this point is her age... She's what? 16, when she walks away? Anyone at that age is still growing and often emotionally unstable trying to figure out what is going on in their lives in general let alone when fighting a war.

Looking at it from her perspective, Ahsoka has given quite literally her entire life to the jedi order. Taken as an infant or toddler or whatever, she dedicated her entire childhood and adolescent years to learning the jedi code and training and all that. Then as a padawan she was on the front lines fighting directly for the council with anakin and obi wan. She was risking her life and almost lost it on several occasions. She was, like every jedi is, a direct piece of the Jedi Order, a part of it's essence or family. The only family she had ever really known.

Then the first time she needs their help. She needs them to stand up and say "we know she didn't do this and we are going to defend her" they don't. I don't know if I would call it betrayal but it certainly would not only be a let down but a huge disappointment to see the people you basically gave your life to turn away at the first sense of trouble. This is probably why she left. She had been but from the family she had loved her entire life and trying to fix a severed rope with scotch tape doesn't always work. Sure the council may have made a mistake but not all mistakes can be fixed by an apology. Like she said, she has to figure it out on her own now. Maybe she will figure things out and when she comes back to try and rejoin the order she finds it in ruins post ROTS haha.

As for her running away. It may not have been the smartest desicion at the time but it certainly proved the right one. If we think about it, if she didn't run away then she would have set in a cell until the trial and likely been convicted/executed. She wouldn't have met Ventrice, wouldn't have gotten "help" from barris, and Anakin would have had no leads going out. Sure, he still would have tried to find the real culprit, but without anything to go on I doubt Barris would have been revealed in time to save Ahsoka from the noose.

I do agree that they could have done without the "trust myself" line though. What it had to do with her faith in herself I don't really understand. You would think she would be the only one she would trust now.

rumblewagon likes this.
  21. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    It was perfectly understandable why Ahsoka ran like she did. Every step she took out of the cell was strewn with "evidence" that was further implicating her in the crimes charged against her. As for the "trust myself" line, it was changed per GL because he did not want a Jedi to make a statement about not trusting the Council. I imagine it was originally written as Ahsoka asking how could she trust the Council if they didn't trust her.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Which would have been way better. Way to butcher the scene, GL. Do you have a source on that?

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  23. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    But Ashoka apparently didn’t trust for the Jedi to help her in the first place. In "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" (a very poorly chosen title by the way) she jumps at the conclusion that she will be found guilty despite the fact that at this point she really has no idea what is going on and haven’t been put on trial yet. She seems to be under the impression that because nothing is happening here and know, and no one besides Tarkin has been to visit her since her arrest, no one is trying to help her and decides to take matters into her own hands. Not once does she stop to consider the possibility that the Jedi are busy collecting evidence to prove her innocence.

In the end of the episode she even tells the person closest to her, her Master, that she doesn’t trust him. And why exactly doesn’t she trust him? Apparently, because he was prepared to let justice run its course instead of storming the prison to free her.

Actually, her running away proved to be the wrong decision: all she gained by doing so was supplying Tarkin with more evidence to support his accusations against her, and lose the support of the Jedi Council. If she had stayed put or surrendered to Anakin, Tarkin would have had a much weaker case – especially in relation to linking her to the bombing – and it would have given her defence much more time to try and help her (I’m fairly certain that had she given Anakin the time, he would have found evidence to clear her name).

I personally find it very fitting that Ashoka doesn't trust herself; she made some bad choices that ended her in even deeper trouble (running away before her trial has even started, violently resisting arrest, teaming up with a known criminal, blindly trusting Barris but not her Master, and withholding the fact that it was Barris that led her to the warehouse from Padmé and Anakin (she was damn lucky that Ventress hadn’t left the planet yet so that Anakin could find her and gain the crucial information in time)). I wouldn’t trust myself either if I was her. Maybe she just didn’t want to acknowledge to Anakin that her lack of trust in herself stemmed from the poor choices she made.

I agree completely with anakinfansince1983: in the end it was Anakin I felt sorry for, not Ashoka.

24. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Source:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...ve-filonis-season-5-wrap-up-discussion?page=4
    "IGN: I asked Ashley about this too, but Ahsoka says, “If they didn’t trust me, how can I trust in myself?” It’s hard not to think she’s also thinking, “How can I trustthem?”
    Filoni: Right, and that was an interesting line. That was one that George changed himself. He actually didn’t want Ahsoka to seem like she was angry at the Jedi Council. I thought, “Well, she has a right to be angry,” but he felt pretty strongly that she shouldn’t. He didn’t want to convey that precisely to kids, so it’s kind of in the dialogue, as you noted. It’s there in a more subtle way. But I think she’s questioning herself mainly from, you know, one of her best friends at the temple betrayed them all. But when you think about what Barriss said, she’s not necessarily wrong, so what do you do with that and where do you go from here? I think those are the kinds of ideas that Ahsoka is really struggling with as she’s seen things really start to fall apart around her."

25. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    FARK2005

I didn't want to try and requote that whole thing so I'm just gonna answer like this lol.

You make a lot of good points and I can totally see where your coming from. A lot of what is being discussed here (well all of it actually since none of it is shown) is speculation and open for interpretation. We can show these few episodes to three neutral people and we'd get six opinions about whats happening or why it did. Its just human nature. The truth is, we will probably never know why she did what she did.

However, I have to say that again I think her decisions come from her age and inexperience. As a teenager, if blamed for something you didn't do our first reaction is to defend ourselves. An action she probably assumed she would not be able to do without adequate proof. Thus she ran in an attempt to find said proof. Now I'm not saying it was smart just why she may have done so.

I do disagree that she would have been proven innocent had she not ran. Looking at the evidence available, she's the only one who goes in to see whats her face (the chick who dies), there's no audio in the room, visibly seen "choking" her with the force (or so it seems), no other names given, she didn't feel anyone else around and no real defense besides "someone else did it." Tarkin seemed out to get her from the start and I feel she would have been convicted.
    Not only that but how would Anakin have been able to figure anything out without knowing to go to Ventriss or Barris? Ventriss wouldn't have gotten involved at all and Barris would have just left Ahsoka in jail, no leads, no help, game over. Now your right it may have been harder to pin the whole bombing on her without the nanomites or whatever from the warehouse but she still would have been found guilty of murder IMO.

As for the Jedi council, I don't think their position would have changed had she given them the chance. They were pretty clear that they were going to give it over to the republic senate and just back out. As Anakin said they made their decision much earlier and the whole "hall of judgement" thing was just a formality for Ahsoka. They had little intention of helping her from the start it seemed to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.