main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zatt

Zatt Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2013
    She should die fighting vader with other Jedi survivors

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If she gets taken out by Vader it needs to be done well. She is too well liked now to go out like some punk.

A Vader confrontation should be at least 10 years down the line after she's done the whole wandering Jedi circuit (holocrons, communing with force ghosts here there and wherever, the obligatory trip to Korriban / Yavin complete with failed Exar Kun possession attempt, etc.) and is now a true warrior of the Force, on the height of her power. And it's her that comes after him, not the other way around. She needs a bad ass entrance, going through platoons of stormtroopers like a hurricane in a trailer park, maybe lighting up an ISD or two before finally confronting the big V himself. After they duel for a bit she almost kills him, but get killed herself instead, perhaps after Vader survives an injury that should be fatal (like being run through the guts or something) due to being half machine. It then gets really hammed up, Vader's helmet was knocked off during the duel, so now the audience gets to see some tears run down his face as he gets up and stands over her prone form. Her body then vanishes into the Force. Palpatine turns up, and Vader quickly sticks his helmet back on. Palps is like "You have proved your loyalty to me, sparing not even your old apprentice, you have done well Lord Vadah!" They walk off towards a window with a starfield outside and the Imperial March plays while TIE fighters fly past. The end.

The Ahsoka haters are glad she's finally bought it. The Ahsoka fans get their badass exit and cry fest. Everyone is happy.

Writing that melodrama made me feel icky. Eeew.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Look, I'm all for a dramatic exit, but Ahsoka is no-where in Vaders league. She should never be able to knock off his helmet or run a lightsaber through his gut. Dark Times Vader is supposed to be pure nightmare. He's supposed to be this impervious force until Luke comes around.

For that reasons I'd rather have their interactions be mostly through dialogue.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, considering that Obi-Wan is the reason that Vader is wearing that suit in the first place, I don't want Ahsoka to be able to defeat Vader in a way that Obi-Wan could not.

Valairy Scot and Darth_Pevra like this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I was kinda basing that off the infinities comic where the clone Maul has Vader on the ropes until Vader stabs his lightsaber through his own body.

Maul: "What could you possibly hate enough to destroy me?"

Vader: "Myself" *Ignites lightsaber*

But anyway, obviously she is nowhere near Vader's league by the time of TCW:TWJ but in the future who knows. If I was gonna do her fate I wouldn't have her fighting Vader to the death, but Zatt said she should fight Vader to the death, so I suggested a way of handling that. If Vader just walks up and cuts her down like a lamb it would just annoy a bunch of people.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I agree that Ahsoka should be well down in power compared to Obi-Wan, Anakin etc.

In The Clone Wars however... the whole power level thing is a messy soup. Ahsoka almost killed Vizsla, who held off Obi-Wan. She held off Grievous who trashed multiple Jedi. Grievous himself was an unstoppable hurricane in the first Clone Wars (Samurai Jack Clone Wars) but was nerfed in the 3D animated TCW. Barriss curbstomped Ahsoka. Does this make Barriss Offee more powerful than General Grievous? Ventress struggled against Grievous, but had dominance over Savage. Savage made short work of Adi.

Like I said, it's a mess. Half the time in TCW Jedi just seemed to forget their powers when they would have been most useful. Tying a Jedi up was a valid way of immobilizing them, despite their TK abilities. People managed to get the jump on Jedi in situations where they shouldn't be able to on account of Jedi precog.

It's a problem with having a TV series and running it on over a long period, eventually the superpowered characters get nerfed or pick up the idiot ball in order to allow non-superpowered characters to shine. The focus of the SW movies enabled them to avoid this problem.

Sitara likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That comic is non-canon.
    The one where he goes toe to toe with eight jedimasters and kills five of them is canon however.

But anyways, the EU is inconsistent when it comes to that. Sometimes Vader just slaughters a bunch of masters, other times he struggles against even one Jedi. But if he had problems with killing Ahsoka it would really go against the whole "Luke as the last hope of the order" thing.

About that cutting her down thing: Like I explained before, that would be out of character. Vader in the movies always reasoned with those he cares about before he attacks them. He'd rather turn his foster daughter into an asset instead of killing her.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, I'm really not all that familiar with the comics in spite of having several of them in the library, including ROTJ Infinities--but I was definitely under the impression that Infinities was AU, that that was sort of the point.

Completely agree with your post though.

9. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
  10. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    No chance. Disney cut TCW for a reason. They will probably cut all ties with the Prequel Era for quite some time.

11. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    We'll see ... O:)

Here's another blogger with the same opinion:

http://fangirlblog.com/2012/11/young-jedi-ahsoka-hint-stories/

12. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm pretty sure Disney will take the sane route and make it so TCW never existed/it was an alternate universe etc etc.

If it ain't in the OS (Original Saga aka movies) it didn't happen. That should be (and possibly will be hopefully) the mantra for Disney.

However, there could certainly be alternate universe story's. Who wouldn't want an alternate universe story where Obi Wan went Sith with Darth Yoda as his Sith Master, or Palpatine as a Jedi Master, eh? :D

13. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Lucas has said that everything in TCW is g-canon. And that is the final word on the matter apparently.

What it means is that Ahsoka Tano and everything else in TCW (nightsister voodoo dolls, spidermaul, zombies, et al) is as canon as the Devastator skimming over the camera in pursuit of Tantive IV. Them's the breaks. I don't think Disney can change that either.

14. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Uhm, no. Lucas is no longer the owner of Star Wars. Disney is. If Disney wants to replace Yoda with a Jawa in all 6 movies, then it will become the new official cannon.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Exactly:

"This is Star Wars, and I don’t make a distinction between [Clone Wars] and the films," Lucas said in an interview released by SciFiNow - a science-fiction enthusiast magazine based in the UK, seemingly implying that the events of Clone Wars are top canon, which makes some sense considering how closely Lucas himself has been working on the series.
    Read more at http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/59055-lucas-resurrects-darth-maul#ZpHd5THkIw5R0Wku.99

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Exactly. I doubt G canon in conventional sense still exist as it consisted of movies and interviews. The system will definitely change to fit the new circumstances.

Sitara likes this.
  17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    TCW is not G-canon it is T-canon. If Lucas officially wanted TCW on the same canon levels as his films, he wouldn't have had T-canon (which was created as a response to TCW) be created.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Why is this discussion even necessary? Like I explained in the post before the canon system will soon change anyway. Or do you really think Disney would keep the "GL interviews are gospel" thing when he doesn't even own the company anymore? Doesn't make sense.

19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    T-canon was introduced by Leeland Chee, who works for Lucas. If Lucas says TCW is G-canon, then it trumps what Chee said.

But as Darth_Pevra said, the canon system is liable to change now that Disney is at the helm. We'll just have to wait and see.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I really could care less about the canon system. I count what I want to count in my canon, not what some rule-maker tells me. Bombad Jedi was never canon, The Hidden Enemy will always be canon.

21. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Thank you!!! If anyone has any doubts, they should read all of the quotes from Lucas that SAY as much! And watch 14:28 - 20:14 of this:

http://starwars.com/watch/transmission_cvi_aug_24_2012.html

22. AnakinsOtherSon

AnakinsOtherSon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Ahsoka is not going to die anytime soon you guys I don't know why fans keep saying she needs to die or is going to die. Personally I think they should have a story that takes place while Anakin is in The Suit and Ahsoka is the last women he loved before completely going dark forever. Ahsoka could be Vader's last love before Luke and Leia come on the scene. Maybe she dies protecting Vader or the emperor orders her to be killed in secret because he knows Vader has feelings for someone. It would fuel Vader's dark decent even more, it would be a great story and give Ahsoka's character a lasting legacy, she always knew who Anakin truely was at heart and years later the love his children had for him would save him much like how Padme then Ahsoka tried to do. Ahsoka's last words could be so important to Vader that when Luke and Leia come on the scene he remembers the two women that loved him and what he meant to them, they knew his true heart.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin, a married man, has feelings for a minor?

Um, no comment. [face_plain]

A bit of perspective here : a 22-year-old who is fresh out of college and teaching high school, has feelings for a 16-year-old student.

Sound good to you? I certainly hope not.

Of course not. She's immortal.

Oh, wait. Filoni isn't in charge anymore.

24. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Just realized that AnakinsOtherSon and Darth_Quintonis have the same avatar, only slightly different contrasts.:cool:

I suppose having Vader confront Ahsoka could be a poignant final moment for the young former Jedi, and would potentially show a more human side to Vader, one that would not be seen until he saves Luke from the Emperor in RotJ. However, until Ahsoka's final fate is written, it's all fanfiction at this point...her story may not be revisited in a long, long time, depending on Disney's priorities.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Since when did anakinfansince1983 become our premium Filoni/Ahsoka hater? :p This forum has really burned me out on being able to respond to the demonization of DF, or as I refer to it, Filoni Derangement Syndrome (FDS).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.