main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    In that case I think you should vote for "expelled from the Jedi Order", which is not too far from what you posted.

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Or MIA/POW...

3. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    So far we have:

- 32% "Ahsoka must live"
    - 68% "Ahsoka has to die"

...if you're keeping track. ;)

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Is revenue generation resulting from Ahsoka-related paraphernalia also being tracked?

5. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Uh... no. Why would it? :confused:

6. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Because Ahsoka's likelihood of survival is directly correlated to her revenue generation.

7. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Says who? Of course I understand the market pressures, but do you really think that Dave is such a sell-out mercenary that he decides on story arcs based solely on balance sheets?

Plus, Ahsoka dying at the end of TCW doesn't have to hamper her merchandising in any way. Darth Vader died some 27 years ago, but I swear to you I still see some Vader-related merchandise being sold here and there!

8. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Silly billy! You must not have seen that The Force Unleashed was LucasArts fastest selling video game which then spawned a sequel despite StarKiller having been killed off in the first one. That successfull revenue generation insured that StarKiller would continue to live on. Darth Vader may have died 27 years ago, but the story of him did not.

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Uh... are you arguing against your own point? In spite of popularity or revenues, Starkiller was killed in the end of The Force Unleashed. Just like Ahsoka should be by the end of TCW. Whether or not to revive the character is a completely different discussion. Being cloned doesn't change the fact that you died.

And the same thing can happen to Ahsoka. Even if she dies at the end of TCW, there's nothing stopping them from eventually expanding on her Clone Wars adventures in other mediums like comic books, video games, books or even another TV series. They could make prequel stories of her Youngling years or whatever. Or if they decide to go TFU2-style and revive her as a clone, well... it has been done before...

10. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    The story of The Force Unleashed was already written before the revenue generation (success) was realized. The success of the product led to the resurrection of Starkiller. Had the creators been able to look into a crystal ball into the future, they would never have killed off Starkiller in the first one.
    Conversely, the story of Ahsoka has not yet been completed, but the revenue generation is being realized. As Ahsoka's story is not yet finalized, the creators have a lot more leeway to modify her story. Creating stories about her youngling years does not yield the same potential as extending her years beyond Order 66 would allow.

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I think you're getting the characters and the medium mixed up. The Force Unleashed wasn't a success because Starkiller is incredibly popular. It was a success because it was a huge multimedia project, featuring Vader, insane Force powers and cutting edge technology.

Likewise, the sucess of The Clone Wars is only in a small part due to Ahsoka (and one might even say, in spite of Ahsoka). If they want to make more money off the Clone Wars (and thus off Ahsoka) they only have to extend the show for some extra seasons, and still finish her story at the end. They don't need to awkwardly keep her going past Ep3.

12. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    And the Clone Wars somehow is not a huge multimedia project? Cutting edge technology for The Force Unleashed? Its combat controls were garbage, the most complained-about aspect of the game. Jedi Outcast had a better control system. The insane Force powers were great, but so was the story...which was the story of Starkiller.
    Yeah, you being the one that might say that.

13. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Sure, much like TFU. And much like it, its success is due to the whole shabang, not one single character.

Not really. I happen to quite like Ahsoka, in spite of the problems I have with her. But I know a lot of Star Wars fans, online and personally, who don't watch The Clone Wars directly because of Ahsoka. I don't agree with them, but it's a fact.

14. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    After "Weapons Factory", I think sacrifice is the way to go. Plus, the Jedi would think it might have helped Anakin let go of an attachment, but we see differently.

15. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    In theory they can have her reassigned to Plo Koon. She's already good friends with him, was found by him, was with him in the last Episode of Season 2. She defied Anakin to rescue him. Also, convenient way of getting her off the scene, not showing her in ROTS, and leaving her fate undecided.

Can't rule out that possibility. Also, Council might let such a reassignment happen to force Anakin to deal with attachment problems.

16. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Or they could do the same as with Ventress and Boba Fett and have a "comic-book-death". Whether her death stays permanent or not I doubt we will see a body(she's a child). Or they could go the infinites route with her.

On another note... 8+17+40+0+2+14+2+2+8+2

I am the only one that is getting a total of 95% here?

17. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    She can't be Knighted because Anakin isn't a Master in Ep. 3.

Away on a Solo mission could be good. And then she and Anakin/Vader could face off post ROTS. Then again, that would be pretty dark.

Why isn't the option for her to go away with Rex and end with them sort of righting the wrongs of the Empire in secrecy, fate unknown?

18. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    MIA is up there. But is nobody but me annoyed by the 95%

19. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I guess it´s just that the system rounds down the fractions, so we end up missing a few numbers.

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Boba isn't dead yet in canon, so I don't understand why you said he has a comic book death, he was "resurrected/escaped" from the Sarlacc in a comic. Ventress, however, did have one, but you'll never know what TCW might do. Since consistency with canon isn't TCW's strongest point, and previous canon (i.e, Farr's retirement from the senate in 20 BBY and many more examples) has been thrown away, I'm sure they will eventually kill off Ventress or at least throw her away. As for seeing Ahsoka's body, we have seen child bodies laying around in the Jedi Temple in ROTS. So without a doubt, we might see her body but it will be brief; possibly it will be similiar to Qui-Gon's dead body in Obi-Wan's arms in TPM.

Also, Gry, sadly the old Clone Wars Adventures has been completed back in 2007, and it was part of the original Clone Wars multimedia project. Until they actually established the new CW timeline, I doubt they would do that. To be honest, I wouldn't like Ahsoka to be out of TCW.

21. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Or they can pull a "Jet" and imply her Death, but never actually show it. After all TCW IS a KIDS SHOW. I don't know if they would kill some kid on screen

But i don't know if younger kids would realize that she died. Perhaps they have to see it to believe it.

22. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Why are there these comments about TCW trampling on established canon? Dave Filoni gets final approval from George Lucas himself on every episode, so that would be the highest level of canon possible.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    :oops:

No, it's not. TCW is T-Canon.

24. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    I'd agree except for the fact that GL is so directly involved with TCW.

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    We're getting off topic, and no it's been confirmed and said that the series and the Live-Action is T-Canon, which is directly below G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.