main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    So your incessant interjections about TCW canon inconsistencies are not "off-topic" but my responses to your canon comments are "off-topic". Anything GL has direct involvement in is G-canon; as in per George Lucas.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No, Rumblewagon. [face_tired]

3. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    I see the following:

Jedi/Ahsoka fans: (Want her to survive)
    LukeTano
    rumblewagon
    Garth_Maul

Sith/Ahsoka enemies: (Want her to die)
    GrySarth
    GGrevious

Also, if TCW isn't cannon, which quite a few here claim, then what harm could something that's not cannon harm cannon?

i.e. whether or not she dies shouldn't harm cannon as we're not even sure how cannon TCW is. Also, comparing TCW to TFU, which also has its cannon level in doubt, doesn't help the matter any either.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Wow, you have quite an artillery in that post, with all those cannons...

Nobody said CW is not canon, only that it's not on the same level as the movies. Now, enough with the canon talk.

I really don't understand why LukeTano would classify as an "Ahsoka enemy" someone who wants her to die by the end of the series. As I've said countless times before, I like Ahsoka, and I think her character and the series would benefit a lot by her dramatic demise by the end of the series' run.

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Now that I've watched the season 3 trailers, I really think Ahsoka should NOT be killed off. She hasn't been around that long and we've barely gotten to know her....killing her off is way too dark. I actually considered the possibility of her being knighted and sent off on her merry way but I felt she might still not be sufficiently trained, so I voted for her going MIA.

6. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    A "comic-book-death" doesn't have to mean literally died in a comic book. "Comic-book-death" is a phrase used to refer to a character that "died" only to be brought back later. The phrase comes from the old superhero comic books in which a "death" would rarely mean very much in the long run. Boba Fett was intended to be dead in ROTJ, but he was brought back later. Ventress "died" in the micro series and also in its tie in comic books. In the case of Ventress and Boba Fett the bodies where never seen, so they where able to bring them back. Other Star Wars characters which have "died" only to come back somehow later include Darth Maul, K'Kruhk, Starkiller and Palpatine. In some cases they don't really die, in others they are cloned and sometimes they become cyborgs, what they all have in common though, is they where brought back after being (sometimes graphically) killed.

Different form of media. Most likely scenario is she?ll be on a ship or in a building as it explodes- no body.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Childish behaviour, I think.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I think Ahsoka won't die but her fate will be settled in the series. In a way that can explain her absence in the movies, and the natural behaviour of Anakin and Obi-Wan in RotS.

8. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    If I recall correctly, GL said that Boba is officially dead, though he might have decided otherwise if he'd known how popular he'd be. He said that he almost thought of having a scene where Boba escapes from the Sarlaac, but he decided not to.

Perhaps maybe because going to that scene, much like showing Yoda going to Dagobah at the ends of Episode 3, would detract from the other scenes.

On that note, I think he wouldn't let Ahsoka be in ROTS itself, unless he remakes it.

She may be around then, for all we know the series could be going on during ROTS, but she can't be with Anakin much. Besides Anakin is probably too absorbed with his fear of losing Padmé, the conflict centering around Palpatine, his growing anger at the Council, and his own ego to probably pay her that much attention. Also, it seems he'd been away from Padmé a while prior to ROTS, and seems to be shown a lot with her during ROTS. However, the fact that he's not worried what would happen to Ahsoka if he were caught, as he says he doesn't care if they Jedi know about him and Padmé, shows he's either learned to let go for once, a very great irony indeed, or she's out of the picture, unless he doesn't like her anymore.

Therefore, I must agree that most likely GL will want her off the scene, not necessarily dead, by the beginning of ROTS.

Also, I must admit that his reason for sparing Han Solo had more to do with how killing him off would kinda make the growing attraction between Leia and Han in ESB kinda pointless as it would never lead anywhere.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No he was not. ;)

Mainly that's viewer poi/your own speculation, MarkVader. You're basically listing certain characters that fell down an reactor shaft, cliff, or down into a Sarlacc, and since we didn't see their bodies, you can bring them back. While yes they did bring them back, this does not always happen.

10. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    LukeTano actually makes very well-reasoned and well-thought-out arguments. Calling him childish is inflammatory. Anyone who wants Ahsoka to die cannot be truly pro-Ahsoka.

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    :oops:

12. amenra23

amenra23 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2010
    Why not have Anakin dream about Asoka in danger and have her die on a mission. No great sacrifice for the good of all. It would make Anakins his fall from grace make more since.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Sure... o_O

Is it? How so? I find placing titles on users more inflammatory than saying someone's behaviour is childish.

Could you define what is pro-Ahsoka?

I feel the same.

14. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    "pro-Ahsoka" is the proliferation and promotion of positive-oriented themes related to the character of Ahsoka Tano.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And isn't her death a positive-oriented theme towards herself and Star Wars canon?

16. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, then call me a pro-Ahsoka. I would dearly like to see her sacrificing herself, because it would elevate her character considerably. If they try to shoehorn her in post-ROTS stories, it would make her charater completely pointless.

17. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

If she dies in a noble manner is that not positive-oriented? Say sacrificing herself to save younglings, or to attempt to preserve the Republic. Showing her noble nature is a positive-oriented theme, even if it results in her death. I don't think wanting her to die makes one anti-ahsoka, if they wish her to die in a way that continues in the continuity of the Star Wars universes. If someone said "kill Ahsoka and pretend she never existed." or something like that, then yeah htey're anti-Ahsoka.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And where did I say otherwise?

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I was agreeing with you Alexrd. I was making more points on the matter.

Sorry if it came off that I wasn't.:p

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It did. But it's okay. ;)

21. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Yes, so what?s your point? I was merely pointing out characters that have been brought back in the past. If we never heard of Ventress again after her duel with Anakin on Yavin, she would officially be listed as dead. But they brought her back, thus its a ?comic-book-death? scenario. Same with the rest of those characters (and we HAVE seen some of their bodies).

I was merely saying that if they kill Ahsoka and we don't see a body(or maybe if we even do), the ?comic-book-death is always a card? they could play if someone at Lucasfilm wanted too. They have done it in the past.

My original post was in response to Gry and Rumblewagon, on what they could possibly do with Ahsoka after TCW ends. Gry mentioned prequel comics and books and I mentioned a possible ?comic-book-death? retcon or infinites series.

22. anakin2lordvader

anakin2lordvader Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    I think Ahsoka was a wonderful addition to the Star Wars mythology. And I believe her demise should occur at the end of the Clone Wars series. All great Star Wars characters get an on screen death.. Anakin, Obiwan, Yoda,etc. It would be nice to add Ahsoka to the list. I use to hate stories where the character or characters die.. but Ive come to really embrace them. We, all of us, will eventually pass into the great unknown. Why not witness our favorite characters take the plunge as well...

23. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I like Ahsoka, but I still think she should die.

24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Her character seems to fit the fate of self-sacrifice and matyrdom for some reason.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    If Ahsoka must die, it must be on screen, monumental, and a major turning point in the series. By killing Ahsoka, it pushes Anakin into the darkside even further, and shows how the war is beginning to affect the Jedi.

She might not be my favorite character by a long stretch, but she is important to the show, and it would be an insult for her death to just be a little footnote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.