main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Finally...a voice of reason.

2. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    You may want Ahsoka to survive and become a super Star Wars goddess, but you don't need to deem people who don't agree with you as unreasonable.

3. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Anyone who wants a 14-year old girl to die is unreasonable. There can be no middle-ground on that point.

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Ahem. Ahsoka is not a 14-year old girl. She's a fictional character from an animated series. Get a grip.

5. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    ^What he said. Not to mention she's a character in a war.. who isn't mentioned and nowhere to be seen when it's over.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Completely per Gry and XCell.

7. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Even before RoTS in Labyrinth of Evil...

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Mauled to death by space bears, hopefully in an uncharacteristically gruesome manner for the tv show.

9. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Yeah, because that argument hasn't been brought up for the umpteenth billionth time.
    What are you saying? That Anakin says in Labyrinth of Evil that he never had a padawan and has no knowledge of ever having a padawan...or that his padawan was killed...or reassigned to another master...or removed from the Jedi Order...or something something something turned to the dark side...

10. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Probably because it's a pretty good and reasonable argument.[face_coffee]

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    o_O

12. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    No mention what so ever...

13. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    And just like the immortal words of Jocasta Nu: "If an item does not appear in our records, it does not exist."

Really, the repetitive squawking about how Ahsoka does not appear in ROTS and whatever other material you can drag up is the last bastion of an argument that you cling to.

14. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Frankly, your "Anyone who wants Ahsoka to die is unreasonable" rant has pretty much invalidated any argument you can make.

15. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Really, rumblewagon, just because Palpatine is the one to say we should understand all points of view, it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. Surely you can understand how meaningful a heroic sacrifice would make a character's existence? Look at what it did for Darth Vader, for one thing. :p

And if your counter to that is 'you need to prove a point against the polarising comments of the haters', I disagree. There's apparently no shortage of people who appreciate Ahsoka yet think a heroic sacrifice would greatly benefit her, so really, you don't need to prove anything to anyone.

16. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    If the series was aimed primarily at adults, I'd probably opt for her perishing in Order 66 or at the hands of Vader (though the latter would obviously have to take place in some kind of post Clone Wars book/comic/TV event). It would work well dramatically and really serve to underscore theme of betrayal. However, given that the Clone Wars is - despite the presence of a fairly sizable adult audience - marketed heavily towards children (and because Ahsoka seems to have been specifically designed to be the kid identification character) it would, I think, be beyond the pale to have her murdered by people who have been presented as her friends and allies throughout the series.

Having her die at the hand of Bane, Ventress, Sing or some other recurring villain (who isn't Dooku or Grievous), could work both terms of giving Anakin another big shove towards the dark side and exacerbating his fears for Padme. Thematically speaking, there would also be a certain symmetry to him losing the trinity of mother, sister and wife. However, again there's the question of whether this could be done in a manner acceptable for younger viewers. It certainly wouldn't be as dark a scenario as her being killed by trusted allies, but it would still be pretty dark. There's the fact that if she was killed in such a manner one would expect Anakin to bring it up in RotS.

I'd therefore probably go for heroic self-sacrifice. It might be upsetting for younger fans, but it would be an ultimately triumphant and meaningful way for her to go out. And, as others have previously mentioned, it could also be done such a way as to serve to fuel Anakin's obsession with protecting Padme, without raising any questions as to why he isn't dwelling on her fate in RotS.

17. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    This is why I can't see how they can do anything but let her live...

To quote from Something Something Something Darkside (modifed to fit):

"Look she is the kids character, I think we'll be all right."

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No need to modify it. The original quote serves the same.

19. Rossley

Oct 21, 2009
    You could be right (and if the kids are getting their parents to shell out on enough Ahsoka themed toys it may be the case that killing her off would be seen as a bad marketing decision). However, I still think that it's possible that she might go by way of heroic self sacrifice.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I think you guys are forgetting that TCW is a kid's show, with the show itself targeted at kids. Ahsoka is not the only character in the series that the kids look up to. Let's not forget that we have seen Ahsoka being tortured, her failing to do something, ect. It's not always when a kid in a television show or a film has a protective bubble around him or her. Yes, TCW is aimed for kids, but the series itself has been known to show non-kiddy friendly things, believe me. ROTS showed child bodies laying around in the Jedi Temple and Vader slaughtering younglings in the Council chamber. So we have seen a child's death in Star Wars; it's not a new concept for it or for any other show or film.

21. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Personally I think the Star Wars films in general where mostly aimed at kids/teenagers. It also seems somewhat amusing that GGreivous would argue that Ahsoka doesn't have a protective bubble round her when about 70 percent of his posts about her complain the situation is the opposite.[face_beatup]

But anyway I think it's safe to say that if she does die, we can be sure of four points

? It won't be until the very end of the show

? It will be a quick death.

? The death itself will be off-screen.

? The body won't be seen. (ROTS is PG13 GG)

If I was a gambling man I would be willing to place money on all the above points.

As I said before it will be interesting to see in the upcoming Kamino arc how much suffering and violence the producers will allow the young clone cadets to go through as that will probably show us how far they would be willing to go with Ahsoka. If they won't let dime-a-dozen cannon fodder kids die then it would put the idea of Ahsoka dieing in doubt.

After we see the Kamino arc I think we should base Ahsoka death ideas on the clone cadet deaths (if there are any) and not on other media. As stated before they didn't kill the kids in ?Death Trap? even though it would have made sense and they weren?t necessary for the rest of the arc.

22. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    ^Not that I think they're unlikely, but I don't think those points are exactly things we can be certain of, like Ahsoka not dying until the end of the show.

Actually, it may be better if Ahsoka was the one young character who we do see die. I don't necessarily mean we see her getting killed and see her body, but it could take people by surprise more and be more meaningful that way.

23. Rossley

Oct 21, 2009
    Those would pretty much be my guesses too. Though I think that the death, should it occur, will happen about three-quarters of the way through the final season rather than in the last ever episode. I imagine that the writers and producers would want to show something of the aftermath and the impact on Anakin.

24. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Perhaps not certain, but it would be a safe bet.

As for her being the only child to die, I don't see how that would make her death more meaningful. Her death will either be done in a meaningful way or in a throwaway way, the fact that other kids have or haven't died before won't be a factor.

I just think it would be more realistic to base what?s going to happen to her based on what has happen to similar characters on TCW itself rather than in other shows or wishful thinking. It's been two years and by this point everyone has voiced what they want to see happen, maybe we could now begin to calculate what is likely to happen. Like I said, I'm going to be looking at these clone cadets with much interest.

Yeah, but it?s defiantly a final season thing. Once Ahsoka's fate is resolved everything else will pretty much be standard.

25. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    ^Well, I mean if Ahsoka was the one kid death in the show, it may seem more surprising and be more powerful than if a bunch of kids have died before her. Sort of a punch in the face for the audience kind of thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.