main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Gasp! That's original. You must have blown a few synapses trying to think of that one, amirite?

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Plo Koon is a Kel Dor. How do you not know that?

Alright, I think this is the idea for those who "want" Ahsoka to die, at least it is for me: Ahsoka's character has grown on many TCW fans, and no one wants to see some cheap cop out fate that leaves the integrity of the character dead in a ditch like Indiana Jones. As much as here dying is a bit, well harsh, if she lives what kind of lame stories are we going to get out of it? If she does die and it is from self-sacrifice or she is protecting younglings or something similiar, what is the real problem? I would rather she her die a heroic death than live in some EU story that either doesn't make sense, ruins the character, or both. I'm sure if they really try, then TCW staff can figure a way to have her die in the series, or put it in a comic or something. So long as it isn't drawn out and has her gone before the Empire, and not living during the Rebellion.

3. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    Also, might I point out a flaw in the argument that she needs to die to further the theme of Anakin trying to save those he cares about, and after losing Ahsoka, being willing to go to the Dark Side to save Padmé? Well, in any case, I'm pointing it out anyway. Yes Ahsoka is a female like the others, Shmi and Padmé, but there are several differences. The most obvious one is that Anakin has foreknowledge. He dreamed for possibly a month or so or quite a bit before he found his mother dying in the waking world, and just the dreams, not losing someone this time, made Anakin willing to do anything. Also, recall that comment at his mother's funeral about how he was too late to save her, and that is reiterated when he tells Padmé, "I won't lose you like I lost my mother!". Also, it appears that the mere fear of losing Ahsoka is making him do Dark Side stuff. Before he actually had to lose his mother before he exterminated, for lack of a better word, those sand people. Just the fear of losing Ahsoka to brain worms, not necessarily to death, is enough to get Anakin to use Force choke for, chronologically, the first time in his Jedi career, unless he used it on the sand people but it wasn't shown. He's probably going to choke others in TCW. That way it would make sense, sorta, for him to be cold enough to choke Padmé because he thinks she's turned against him, which I'm personally wondering if Anakin is sort of right, she lies to Anakin and says that Obi-wan wants to help them, but she clearly knows Obi-wan plans to kill Anakin, he not only didn't deny it when she asked him if he was planning to kill Anakin, but said, "He has become a very great threat.". In fact, it's theoretically possible that Anakin may have turned away from the Dark Side and helped stop them Empire and realize how Palpatine has tricked them all if Obi-wan didn't show up there in the middle of that scene standing on the platform. Also, it seems that, unless they do a dream sequence of her dying, it would fit in quite right with the theme of Anakin always dreaming of losing someone first.

Anyway, it seems that Ahsoka may only play a major role in the first part of season 3 and then it'll focus on Ventress, and likely Dooku. Maybe this Season finale will result with Ventress running off into the unknown regions, after nearly being killed by Anakin.

Also, might I add that it seems Dave does notice that there are many of us, not all kids by the way, that do actually care about Ahsoka, so he doesn't want to risk losing support for TCW by harming her.

And I'm currently looking for those brain worms. They might be useful in controlling the TCW staff.

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yes, sure. But why would he care about losing support for TCW if Ahsoka dies in the final episodes? By then the show's over, big deal if a group supports it or not.

5. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    [face_praying]

Anyways, why else would Anakin want to be a master so badly, especially thinking he deserved it, if Ahsoka didn't become a knight?

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Because he thinks he's becoming the most powerful Jedi ever. Because he's been told since he was 10 that he was the Chosen One. Because when he was still a padawan he thought he already rivaled Grand Master Yoda with a lightsaber, and was superior to his own master in knowledge of the Force.

7. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    I thought he was nine :confused:

Your probably right though, thats why the council wouldn't make him master I bet,

8. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    Hey that'll work just great! Then, maybe if the final episodes are just before ROTS, then everyone will be confused why her death didn't affect Anakin and he wasn't grieving at the beginning for her. Then a lot of people, even those that might want her to die, will harp about the continuity as they've always been doing and Star Wars fans in general will get mad over that and then GL'll really feel it and he'll have to bring her back to life!

Also, if they kill off Ahsoka, who's left, who's not in an Episode that is as they said that those who are in one won't be in it, to be in the Live Action Series?

Also, Jar Jar's fate is unknown, unless they plan to have him in the Live Action Series, and for those of you who say he wasn't a major character, he did, by being his usual self, perhaps have a hand in getting Qui-Gon and the others to stay at their house, by starting that fight with Sebulba, and it was he who was the one who basically gave the announcement and agreed to giving Palpatine those emergency powers that he needed in AOTC. Not to mention Jar Jar was at the funeral of Padmé.

And also Jar Jar isn't mentioned, when he probably should be, of that rebellion started by the Queen and Boss Nass on Naboo against the Empire.

Yet everyone seems content with leaving his fate open, yet they want to kill Ahsoka off because they say that's the only way to do justice to her character?! She's not, unlike Jar Jar, even in any of the Episodes, appears nowhere else but TCW, or so it seems right now, and yet you think it'll really hurt the whole Star Wars plot if she just walks off the scene somehow??? Her lack of appearance in ROTS could just as easily be used as an excuse to just have her walk off the scene quietly in some scene in Season 5 and survive Order 66, even if Season 5 is going on during ROTS, which also would close that hole left in the plot if they went that route.

Also, what exactly did happen to all the members of the Imperial Senate when it was dissolved? It never says. If they were all executed, then that would close up Jar Jar's fate, presumably. He isn't shown celebrating on Naboo at the end of Episode 6, so where did he go?

I think the only way they'd even consider killing Ahsoka is if they would have, had they started with Episode I instead of Episode IV, still built Anakin up, only to shock everyone when he went to the Dark Side and became Darth Vader and you know the rest of the story. Only if they would have built up the story as it is, even if they had started with Episode 1, would I be concerned that they might not care about public opinion and kill her off.

9. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Jar Jar's fate isn't unknown, its just idiotic.

Anyways, Ahsoka probably will be killed in LATE of the last season, hopefully in some epic battle. Rex, Bane and Ahsoka being the main casualties.

10. Rexter-fangirl

Rexter-fangirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2010
    Dave jokingly said recently she becomes a fry cook on Venus..

[face_laugh]

11. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH NO! [face_laugh]

Either way, if she lives, some random young cocky author will retcon a death during the dark times, either that, or have her be one of the most important, previously unknown masters of ALL TIME :oops:

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    What!? No! They told me they weren't hiring anyone!

13. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Star Wars fans will complain no matter what happens. It's part of our nature, and frankly, part of the fun. GL will go on not caring either way.

Precisely. People don't really care about Jar Jar's fate because people don't care about the character. He can just sit in a corner for 50 years as far as most fans are concerned. The fact that people care enough about Ashoka to want to see her get a proper end to her tale should bring warm feelings to your heart. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing would be a greater disservice to the character of Ahsoka than to just have her "walk into the sunset" by the end of the series, to be used later on by whatever new project people come up with. Such a thing would prove Ahsoka to be exactly the worst thing that haters accuse her of being: an empty marketing tool.

14. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Not only would she be an empty marketing tool, but in my opinion, a complete waste of time if they don't give her a proper send off.

15. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Ugh, Ahsoka atleast serves a purpose in TCW, hopefully she won't be reintroduced.

16. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah, maybe she's the first Jedi to do a mind trick on a droid. [face_laugh] Hey, they never said it woudn't work on droids.

If she is killed, which she won't be, maybe her fate is so secret that only Ashley Ecstein, GL, Dave, and the actor(s) of the character(s) who kill her know about it, like how only the actors for Vader and Luke knew Vader was Luke's father, that and Lucas, and the rest of the crew was as surprised as the rest of the world.

17. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I don't think Ahsoka should die, really. Because, if she died, wouldn't it bother Anakin throughout ROTS? Don't you think he'd probably bring it up, or maybe Dooku would have when they were dueling on the Invisible Hand? I think she should be expelled from the Jedi Order. Maybe she does something completely wrong and the Council just banishes her, and maybe Anakin could agree with them? Yeah, not the best, but I voted for her to be expelled from the Order.

18. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    I always thought she'd have some affair with a non jedi late in the war. Maybe she will get banished. Her character doesn't really work out of the clone wars, due to her dynamic perspectives, character maturing and relations with the clones and her master.

19. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    She should die visibly in a dark way, but her death should be meaningful and contribute to Anakin's descent into darkness.

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    That depends on HOW she dies. If Dooku kills her and Anakin knows it, then yes, that would be very problematic for continuity. If she had sacrificed herself to accomplish some mission a few months before Ep3, what reason would Anakin have to bring her up in that film?

21. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Yeah, it should be shocking enough to quiet him up during ROTS

22. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    What the.. Are you really this ignorant? One, it was a drawing. Two, it doesn't mean I like the character and how she acts, it's for artistic purpose. And three, having a Shaak Ti icon does not an Ahsoka fan make..

23. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    Maybe it'll be something dumb that they get rid of her, like Anakin running too fast and colliding with her and knocking her off a cliff, or maybe she'll get sat on by a bantha. Or maybe she'll survive. Let's go with that last one.

24. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    [face_talk_hand][face_talk_hand]:rolleyes: [face_not_talking] ~X([face_phbbbbt]:-@L-)L-)L-)
    Maybe she'll die in a dumb way, like have Anakin run too fast and collide with her and send her flying off a cliff, or maybe a bantha will sit on her, or maybe she'll survive. Let's go with that last one.

Here's a face I found: http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/30.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/30.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/30.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/images/smilies/mad.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/76.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/107.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/55.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
    http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/46.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/35.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/109.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/40.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/112.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/102.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/70.gif http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/yemotions/70.gif

Oops, now it goes through! :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

The message I mean. I didn't see it the first time, and it wasn't there I tell you, and I reposted it and now there are two. :oops:

25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm pretty sure they consider little things like DVD sales, toy sales, book sales and more in these type of decisions.

They wouldn't want to bring out the Complete Series on Blu Ray only to have a speculative backlash from a large segment of the exact audience they are trying to sell it to would they?

But your right, everyone stopped supporting the Original Trilogy once the movies were over.......wait, something doesn't make sense here...[face_thinking] :confused:

Now I personally don't think Ahsoka's fate is best served by death. I'd like to think she'll serve a role larger than that of Padme's and Shmi's. If she's just going to die so Anakin can deal with the loss, well thats been done to death at this point.

I hope they find away to be a bit more creative than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.