main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    ANd just because Ahsoka died, fans of the entire series wouldn't purchase those things? I meant support for new post-Ahsoka's death episodes, not fandom for everything that the series will have created up to that point.

When did I EVER say that?

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I haven't read the entire thread, but here's my take:

First off, disclaimer, I love Ahsoka. I'm surprised at some of the animosity I've seen towards her or the complaints about continuity. Anakin was knighted at the end of AOTC, it's war time and many experienced masters were killed at Geonosis, why wouldn't Anakin get a Padawan? I think they are a perfect match as well; she is a female version of how I would imagine a 14-year-old Anakin.

In an interview at C-5, I heard Matt Lanter saying that they were voicing a season 5, so they are doing more episodes than originally planned. I could see Ahsoka being killed, not at the very end of the final season, but midway through. Anakin not being able to save her, and blaming himself, would lead to a greater determination to stop death. He might never mention her during ROTS because, one, he isn't communicating very well with anyone in that movie, including his own wife, and two, if she dies mid way through the season, he would have some time to process it for the audience's purposes.

3. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008

thats the main continuity issues in my mind, but we digress...

As stated as one of the main three stars of the show, and the Child-Figure, I can't see how they could kill her off...

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Thank goodness! Another voice of common-sense and sound reasoning! Now if we can just get you to alter your ideas about Ahsoka dying...;)

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I think this has to stop, rumblewagon. You and LukeTano are really annoying at times. [face_tired]

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Just as soon as your eye-rolling and vile, hateful comments about Ahsoka stop.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    rumblewagon - check your PMs.

8. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    OK thought about this, I have...

I think vader should kill Ashoka personally now...

in the RotS novel, Sidious says to Yoda,

on being sent to kill Vader

this would actually fit in if Ahsoka was at the temple during the purge, and was dealt with by Vader himself, and be as emotional as the Youngling scene,,,

9. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    I hated everything about Sidious in the novel [face_sick]

I hope Ahsoka isn't just slaughtered like the younglings, that would be a failure :oops:

10. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Although I like the idea of Vader killing Ahsoka, it just raises to many problems with ROTS. It wouldn't work unless that film is strongly Special-Editioned, and I DO NOT want that.

11. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    ROTS, done Avatar style with an extremely hyped special edition with many new scenes including: retconning Ahsoka's death. :p

12. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    I definitely would not want Vader to kill Ahsoka, but that being said, the Youngling scene is one of the reasons I refuse to watch ROTS after the first hour. I can't stand it.

I could see a scenario in which Vader pulls a "If you're not with me, you're against me" after trying to convince Ahsoka to join him and overthrow Palpatine, sort of like he did with Padme and Obi-Wan.

But there would be serious continuity issues there, as in, ROTS would have to be completely rewritten.

13. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Just do it TCW style, it doesn't matter if you have to rewrite canon. [face_tired]

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I would not like that at all. :oops:

15. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Yeah, I can see it now. They also rewrite the Palpatine arrest scene so Saessee dies first, like in the novel [face_frustrated]

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Look man, if they want to redo the fighting in the Palpatine scene, that's fine with me.

Other than the Mace/Sidious duel which is actually pretty sweet, the group death by Sidious is an atrocity.

17. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Yeah, they are pretty weak in comparison. But in the novel, its WAY to dialogued before the fight, and Saesee doesn't even ignite his lightsaber before he's offed.

18. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    It's conceivable that a post-ROTS, made for TV CGI movie featuring some kind of final confrontation between Vader and Ahsoka could be made without any (movie) canon contradiction occurring. However, it would be nigh on impossible to do this in a 'youngling-friendly' manner, so I really doubt they'll go that route.

I've previously wondered if maybe they were planning to include her in the now-suspended LAS. However, I can't see her being much of a selling point if the series is to be aimed at adults (well, unless they were to make the series in a decade's time when the character would have a good helping of nostalgia-appeal for today's ten year olds).

19. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I don't know that it would. You are the one that asked why Dave Filoni would care about killing off Ahsoka if the series was ending - My response is a speculative reason why he might.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    The cynical part of me can't help but think they're going to have 2 different versions of what happened to Ahsoka, and they'll leak the news early that she dies, to gauge the public response.

If there's a huge outcry, they'll simply say that was an early plotline they were working on, but the finished product is something different.

:p

21. Shinato202

Shinato202 Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2010
    I think Ashoka will 'sadly' sacrifice herself for a greater cause. She's done it twice in two seasons already. (One at the driod factory and one at naboo and the blue shadow virius). The last once was kinda accidental on her behalf though.

22. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    If she sacrifices herself, It better be to stop Bane [face_frustrated]. Ventress will probably be dead or gone, and Grievous doesn't seem like one for the job. If Bane and/or Ahsoka have to die, there better be emotions spilling at the seem.

23. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    OK, I am terrible with episode names, but this was in season 2 and it re-ran last Friday. Bane trapped Ahsoka in, she told Anakin to get the holocron and run, Anakin told her that he could not let her die.

ETA: It was Cargo of Doom.

I could see something like that happening when Anakin either is not present or cannot stop her.

24. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Or the producers might originally have her die, but then Lucas will decide to change the ending.:p

Honestly though I'm very divided on this. On one had it could be a very effective and emotional end for the character if done well. On the other hand it is very dark to kill a character aimed at kids in such a manner.

Let?s think critically about this for a moment. Have they honestly anything to lose by letting her live or leaving her ultimate fate unknown? What would be the worst that could happen? Killing her might make a better ending for the majority of the adult audience, but Ahsoka was never really designed for the adult audience anyway. I think that in would make sense for them to give her an ending that her primary audience would what rather than the ending the members of the audience who don't really care for her that much what. And on top of that have they really anything to gain by killing her? The people that hate her will still hate her, dramatic end, violent gruesome end, or any other kind of ending for that matter, it won?t make a lick of difference to those people, apart from maybe a few moments of ecstasy. As for the people that like her some may thinks it?s a weak end, but the primary audience won?t care, in fact the primary audience will be relieved. Arguably they have more to lose by killing her than by letting her live.

I honestly don?t mind what happens one way or the other provided it is handled well and we see some character development between now and then. A death could also be a weak end if not handled well. I sure don?t want to see her killed by tactical droid of the week, and if she gets killed by Cad Bane or someone similar I hope she at least puts up a decent fight first.

25. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Yeah, it could be a great way to kick off summer break! [face_tired]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.