main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    What would be a great way to kick off summer break?

2. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    My [face_emotion] was supposed to clue you in on the sarcasm ;)

3. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    Yes but what are you being sarcastic about. What are you talking about when you say it would be a great way to start the summer break?

4. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    I'm saying Ahsoka's death wouldn't be a great way to kick off the summer :oops:

5. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    Thank you for clearing that up. I understood the sarcasm part, I just didn't understand focuss of it.

6. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    I thought you were on our side. I already feared G_S might be on the payroll of GGrevious and XCell, but I thought you were clearly on our side.

Anyway, GGrevious is just mad that Ahsoka might live when his hero got blasted to death, and what an interesting death it was, by Obi-wan, though, personally, I think the scene where Obi-wan kills Grevious is fairly pointless as it's been already revealed that Palpatine, not the Separatists, are the real enemy, and after Grevious'death, they go in to arrest the Chancellor. It should have been shown earlier. Where they placed it seems dumb as it kinda takes away from the revelation of the identity of Darth Sidious and Anakin's final fall into the Dark Side. Not to mention the fact that Cody gives Obi-wan back his lightsaber before the Order was issued. And it doesn't make sense why Cody didn't pretend it was the "wrong number" or something and not shoot at Obi-wan. Why didn't anyone tell Palpatine to kiss his rear end or something? Those clones seem to have about as much of a mind of their own as droids. You'd think that many of the stormtroopers would help the Rebellion, especially when Death Star I, not to mention Death Star II, was blown up. Also, perhaps Ahsoka is alone with Rex and one other clone, sees Rex and the other about to blast her, does a mind trick on one of them, and that one takes out the other one, or maybe the other one shoots back in self-defense and they're both taken out and Ahsoka just walks away. Or she tells Bail Organa to go inspect the Jedi Temple and that there might be an attack there or something. What one earth was Bail Organa doing at the Temple anyway?

Also, do you think it might have been Sidious' ultimate intention to have Anakin maimed by Obi-wan or something, as he did admit to Yoda that Vader would become more powerful than either of them, and it says that Sidious never really had any intention of being replaced by an apprentice. Also, do you think Sidious hoped to kill Padmé off and the twins and saw it in advance, and actually goded Anakin on about it to make all that happen? I mean, Sidious' evil knows no bounds.

7. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I really hope that they don't use a ride-off-into-the-sunset end for Ahsoka. Given the storyline, I just can't see that working.

Ventress was given that sort of end, although it was arguably much less optimistic than most sunset endings, and it worked well for her. She was a side character who was never particularly vital to the storyline, and because of her minor role, it didn't seem urgent that she was given an ultimate fate.

Luke also was given a ride-off end in the movies, even if the story was continues through the books and other EU media, and that worked out well because everything was concluded and his main nemesis was dead. It was optimistic and ended everything on a high note.

But Ahsoka? If she were to disappear into the sunset, her story wouldn't be over at all. We still wouldn't know what happens to her during Order 66 (because why would Vader let a half-trained Jedi Apprentice run free?) and she plays such a large role that it seems anti-climatic to let her just fizzle out.

That being said, I wouldn't mind it as much if they continued her story through some other form of media -comic books would work well, or novels. They could milk a lot of extra dollars from her through that.

8. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I guess they could continue the story through a comic or something. But I still say a life past Order 66 or the begginning of the Empire should be out of the question.

9. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    The Mod Team is on nobody's side. Whatever our personal opinions on any Star Wars discussion, it has nothing to do with what moderating actions we might take. All we want is for everybody to enjoy the forums free of harassment.

This, for example, is baiting, and we're having no more of that.

10. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    Can Jedi mind tricks work on droids or other Jedi, in that case if a Ventress, Dooku, and Sidious all tried one on Ahsoka, Obi-wan, or a youngling?

Also, I've been wanting to post something for a long time, and now that the thread title has given me a very happy loophole to be able to post it and be on topic, I'm going to suggest that Ahsoka marry Luke. :cool: :D

All hail me, the 21-year-old Ahsoka fan! Oh, and in case GGrevious, XCell, or anyone else is wondering, yes, rumblewagon is my apprentice. I'm trying to convert more people to my side so we can take over JCF.

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    38-year-old Ahsoka fan here, already converted. She reminds me of myself as a teenager. :p Only I wasn't quite so bold, I just would have liked to be.

Ahsoka marrying Luke, though, wouldn't she be about 16 or 17 years older than he is? I really would not mind her surviving Order 66 and hiding somewhere, and having some sort of story in the EU. I had just assumed that she would be killed and that it would help plunge Anakin over the edge. His personality does change a bit from the CW series to ROTS.

12. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    First person to say something along the lines of "finally, a voice of reason in these boards" gets to sit in the corner for a while. It's great to have more Ahsoka fans around, but I will not have this forum, which have stood for a thousand weeks, be split in two. Pro and con-Ahsoka.

And LukeTano, just because this new thread has a more "Ahsoka-friendly" name it doesn't mean you get to bring your fan-fiction into it.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ Gry.

I don't think LACWAC has been split in two, just seems like the same users are making the same posts on both sides of the Ahsoka argument over and over again.

But then, they're still arguing about ANH in the CT forum, so why should I be surprised? :p

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't really see anything that is splitting LACWAC -- pro/con Ahsoka. I see it as two people trying to troll or start arguments.

I'm ignoring these debates. :p

15. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    :oops: :oops:

I obviously missed something here...maybe I should have read the entire thread...

Carry on. [face_peace]

16. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    You do realize that Palpatine said those words, and that he was in fact the instigator of the split up in the Republic, not to mention possibly the instigator in the beginning of the Rebellion as he kinda helped start it. Not trying to mock your or anything, I'm just saying.

17. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    It has nothing to do with you, anakin_girl, it was just a little pre-emptive modding regarding other users.

18. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    After seeing that for Rex in The Deserter, I couldn't STAND a cowboy exit again [face_frustrated]

19. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    All this pro/con Ahsoka talk makes me not want to post anymore.......................

I really don't want to see a "into-the-sunset" fate for her. I look at it in this sense, how often have we seen that kind of ending. And how often does it ruin what could be a potentially great story. I mean, if you can pull it off in a compelling manner I guess I can tolerate it. Revan for example, it kind-of works, but it also leaves a lot of un-answered questions. But in the case of Revan, that might be a good thing, given his personality and mastery of tactics. But with Ahsoka, she posseses none of the traits Revan does, so I don't think it works for her. Besides, they can always kill her, in a tasteful and non-integrity compramising fashion, and still use her in certain EU material.

20. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I think that she should get killed in a very emotional lightsaber battle.

(Emotional to Anakin.)

21. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    She should be graphically drawn and quartered, with Kool-Aid mix poured onto her wounds, and Sidious keeping her artificially alive using the Dark Side, while Anakin is forced to watch with his eyelids stapled open.

22. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    There's no need to get so nasty, Mond.

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    While I think your point is crystal clear, given the recent tension between the pro/anti Ahsoka camps, I think this is pretty inflammatory.

24. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Sorry fellas, I was just kidding. Please remove the joke.

I actually quite like Ahsoka. [face_whistling]

25. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    Probably, or maybe even a spin-off animated series. I mean they just built a new animation studio, I think they might want to use it for more than two shows.

Too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080418134302/starwars/images/b/b1/FireandBrimstone.JPG]

The divide is probably only going to get worse. The only way to completely fix this problem would be to close both Ahsoka threads, and heavily monitor and censor any conversation about her on the TCW thread. These forums must be reorganized. We will usher in a new era, an era of peace and order. Some of our personal freedoms will need to be sacrificed in order to maintain this order.
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070308015513/starwars/images/8/80/Declaration.jpg]
    But then... what else would people talk about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.