main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What should be the end result of the sequel trilogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    For the prequels, it was the creation of the rebel alliance (although it was only in a deleted scene :(), the birth of Luke and Leia, the establishment of the Galactic Empire, and the transformation of Anakin to Vader. Yeah, mostly a downer, but we knew that going in.

For the OT, it was the victory of the rebellion over the Empire and the defeat of the Emperor (and Vader but that became the redemption of Vader after we saw it).

So, for the ST?

Well there has been a lot of heated discussions on the "Who is the Baddie?" thread with some great points lately. So...
    (1) The final creation of the New Republic?
    (2) The creation of a full-fledged Jedi Order?
    (3) The final defeat over the Sith and/or dark side?

I'm thinking a full circle shift back to the times before the prequels when the Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice and the Republic was the government of peace and opportunithy.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Galactic peace.

BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1, T-R- and 2 others like this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    A smile on my face.

Indy 11, vinsanity, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This.

A rebuilding of the Jedi Order and the establishment of a new democratic government.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Though for a FT (Episodes 10-12 if they happen) I'd like to see a Legacy comics esque situation. Jump many decades if not a century+ into the future and see how things are going then.

6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The defeat of the Ancient Fear.....

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The conclusion of the story of Anakin Skywalker and his legacy through his children and possibly grandchildren.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    As long as the Sith and the Empire stay dead after Episode IX.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. USMCKoontz

USMCKoontz Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2014
    I honestly want something differant..

1.) The Dark Side prevailing and winning;
    2.) Galactic Peace would be good if it is played off correctly.

Death_Jar_Jar likes this.
  10. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The only way I see the ST bridging the saga was if the main villain was Darth Plagueis.

Luukeskywalker likes this.
  11. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
  12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I wouldn't mind seeing a slight imbalance, a sort of Cold Waresque situation between 2 (or more) factions; The cynic in me wants to see that. :p

Blazer-Smith and Force Smuggler like this.
  13. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    The cynic in me thinks there might be a little 'something' that'll give you a, "The End.... but is it?" moment to set up episodes X- XII.;)

Revanfan1 and Ryus like this.
  14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    More stories to tell, be it Eps 10-12 or Eps 1-3 of a new saga with the surviving cast. [face_money_eyes]:p;)

15. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I second the "more stories to tell," but there are so many potential pitfalls before we even think about that, let's just talk success for the sequel trilogy, rather than even beyond that.

I hope that Luke and the Rebellion, or their heirs, build a government and Jedi order that are superior to the PT and the OT versions. A Jedi order that fixes some of the prequel problems, but also better than Ben and Yoda living in huts. A government better than the Empire, but also better than the Senate. And Luke gets the same six movies Anakin got.

In Yoda's name I pray, amen.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm afraid that if they keep going for too long, 1-6 will loose their meaning. What did throwing Palpatine into a reactor accomplish if the Sith rule the galaxy again in episode 20?

17. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

It's a very real danger, but hopefully the generational aspect of the saga will help us there. Every generation has to face its own demons. Solving your problems doesn't solve your kids' problems too. It's not like the Revolutionary War became a big letdown in retrospect because the Civil War came later.* World War 2 didn't get reconsidered as a total waste of time when the next generation had to deal with the Cold War. The problems that Luke, Han, and Leia had a big part in solving were largely made by a previous generation; maybe if we see threats coming from a new generation, it won't take away from I-VI.

*No offense meant to any Southern posters who may strongly disagree with this statement!

mratm23 likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Sith ruling the galaxy every generation would be like if the Civil War, World War II, and the Cold War all involved the British taking over the United States.

TKT likes this.
  19. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    A fat wad of cash for Disney :D

20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I agree with if the New Republic doesn't exist during EVII then by the end of it i'm sure it will be as well as a New Jedi Order and i wouldn't mind seeing the cast who survive this trilogy in a new trilogy and having them pass down the torch. circle of life type of thing.

21. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Disney's goal for the ST is to set up the characters and plot and resolve just enough of it to make fans relatively 'happy', but leave the door open for Episodes 10-12. $$$$$$$$$$$$. I'm not joking in the slightest.

I just had a disturbing thought because of this thread......What if the ST does NOT resolve things very well? That will be really annoying. Have you ever watched a movie or read a book in which you're getting closer to the end and think "Wait, they don't have time to wrap up all this? There's only 10 pages left!" The ST may do this, but let's pray it doesn't.

Also, to answer the question - for 7-9 it all depends on who the antagonists are: main villain, main 'empire', etc. We just don't know right now so can't speculate on how to wrap that up.

22. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Who knows. At this point, it could be any kind of end as we know it. We should probably wait with discussing this matter until we've seen at least ONE film of the ST. :p

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  23. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Episode IX should end with the birth of the New Republic ie- Sith Destroyed, Empire finally defeated and balanced truely restored.

24. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I would say yes to Galactic Peace. We dont need to continue the Skywalkers and Solos storylines anymore after the ST. I want the story done and then they can focus on other stories in between movies or better yet go back in the past to the Old Republic Era.

Darth Raiden and Blazer-Smith like this.
  25. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    That's basically what happened at the end of ROTJ. That's why they need to be creative and come up with some new story arc that's able to stand on its own legs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.