main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What should be the future of the Jedi?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsFan91, Apr 15, 2017.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    With the Last Jedi teaser released, lets discuss what path you think or prefer for the Jedi to take after TFA.

Should the Jedi go the way of the Sith? Extinction with a similar light side group replacing it?

Do you think Disney would take that risk?

If the Jedi do survive after the events of the ST, how different should it be from previous iterations?

How big should it or a similar faction be?

Should Luke Skywalker survive the ST and begin to see the Jedi rebuilt? Or should that task be given to just Rey? What about her not continuing the Jedi line?

When it comes to views of the force, should their be a change in belief?

For me, the journey that best works for the post-ST era is the Jedi continuing to exist and expand their numbers. Taking some notes from the NJO era Jedi of the old EU.

The Jedi would work better with at least 100 well trained people participating in the order.

Sure the prequel era Jedi had some flaws, and a nu NJO shouldn't reach their amount, but since the Jedi have helped the Republic and innocents against various threats with the advantage of many in the Order, their numbers should rise above a few in the post ST world.

Its my wish that Disney does not emulate the OT era when it comes to the Jedi after the ST. With the decision to only allow a few jedi to exist at a time.

I do want to see Luke Skywalker survive with Rey, and together build the NNJO. He deserves to see that. This trilogy doesn't need a repeat of the old Jedi master dying.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Even if there are no more Jedi there will still be Force users....and they will use that for either good or ill.