main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What should be the last scene in Episode III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by semos5, Aug 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semos5

semos5 Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    I would so love to see Vader on a Battle Ship
    looking through a window saying something really cool like "Kenobi we shall cross paths again & when we do you will die
    by my hands." What do you think might happen
    at the end of Episode III.

2. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Perhaps it's a scene on Tatooine showing Obi-Wan giving Luke to Owen and Beru. On one of the "Making Of" videos GL said he had already filmed one EPIII scene in Tunisia cuz he'll only need the one. Maybe that's it.

Though I think Obi-Wan would have to be there and I'm not sure if Obi-Wan goes to Tatooine in EPII so Ewan might never have been in Tunisia....Who knows though.

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Vader will be looking out of a SSD and saying:

'I will hunt you down, and when I have destroyed you, I will hunt down your son. He will be turned, Amidala, he will be turned...'

8-}

4. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    Hey, EagleIFilms, I hope you're kidding. The sad part is I could see Lucas writing those lines.

BTW, do you think Vader was intent on turning Luke from day one or did that just pop into his head in ESB. Cuz I mean he WAS trying to kill Luke in ANH on the Death Star. And I've always thought that he knew Luke was in that X-Wing.

5. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    In the next-to-last scene, we see Kenobi in his hut on Tatooine. He's telepathically speaking with Yoda. He's in utter despair over the situation and doesn't know what to do. Yoda counsels patience until, "...right the time is, when there will emerge A NEW HOPE."

Last scene: As the Force theme swells in the background, we see a little boy looking into the double sunset. From off-screen, we hear Uncle Owen call, "Luke! Luke! Time to come in now!" The boy watches the suns set for another moment, then walks away.
    Roll credits. Cue end title music.

Perfect symmetry, I'd say.

6. CG-Realms

CG-Realms Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    A montage where we see all the players come together. After the big lightsaber duel at the lava pit, Obi-Wan picks up Anakin's lightsaber, and walks away, leaving him for dead. We see a Jedi ship fleeing to the outrim. An Imperial gunship blows out it's engines and it's dragged down towards Dagobah, where it crashlands. All on board but Yoda die. We see one of Palpatine's underlings. Standing there staring at the old man. "You will take your orders from my new apprentice, Darth Vader." Finally we see Obi-Wan drop off baby Luke on Tatooine. While he fights the sand storm, we hear the voiceover from later on... We see nothing concerning Leia. We heard the voiceover of old Alec and Yoda from ESB. "That boy is our last hope. No, there is another." Cut to stars. opening theme, credits. House lights go up.

7. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Darth-Mouth, don't worry, that's from the new fan film, Dark Skies. It's an alternate universe thing.

8. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Ben gives Baby Luke to Owen and Beru at their homestead, and then turns to leave. The final shot is of Ben slowly, sadly walking away from the camera across the desert and into the twin Tatooine sunset as the Force Theme swells mournfully in the background...

Quick wipe to end theme and credits.

9. SHINOBIWANKENOBI

SHINOBIWANKENOBI Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    It should be George flipping off all the fans who thought the prequels were going to be crap, even though they will turn out to be legendary like the original ;)

10. lucoplakia

lucoplakia Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Replying to what someone said here a few post back, Vader did not know he had a son in ANH, let alone that his son was attacking the Death Star. "The force is strong with THIS ONE" seems like an odd way to acknowledge that your son is trying to blow up one of your employer's remote offices.

But getting back the intent of the thread, the last scene should be the first time we hear that creepy wheezing noise come out of Vader's mask. There should be a camera slowly approaching him from behind and when it is almost upon him, he spins around and activates his lightsaber, freaking everyone out! Everyone exits the theater, drawers duly messed, confident that they have seen the greatest movie ever filmed.

Then again... I wouldn't mind seeing another wild Ewok party... might not be appropriate, but then neither are random, senseless fart jokes. Ewoks know how to boogie.

11. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    I think it is definitely up for debate as to whether Vader knew he had a son. I mean, he knows by ESB that Luke Skywalker is the "new enemy".

The end of EPIII will depend greatly on whether Vader knows about Luke, about Obi-Wan's location, or about Amidala's escape to Alderaan (if she DOES escape). I don't think it's implausible that Vader allows Obi-Wan and Luke to escape to Tatooine.

"You should not have come back" implies that Vader banished the two of them there. So there's definitely a lot of grey area there.

12. lucoplakia

Aug 10, 2001
    It is not up for debate whether or not Vader had a son in ANH primarily because he did not know that he had a son in ANH. There is overwhelming evidence for this (see the Obi Wan scene in ROTJ), but it should go in another thread.

Seeing as how Lucas is all about the Anakin-Padme romance for EpII, maybe the last scene wil be separate shots of the two of them. I hope not, but could be.

13. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    It is not up for debate whether or not Vader had a son in ANH primarily because he did not know that he had a son in ANH.

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to mean.

All I'm saying is the end of EPIII depends greatly on when Anakin turned, when he becomes the "suit" Vader, and how much he knows about Amidala's pregnancy. I think Lucas can easily frame it so that Anakin knows he has a son but not a daughter. Obi-Wan tries to confront him to buy Padme and the twins time to escape but they end up fighting. Anakin is out of it for too long after being nearly killed to be able to track Obi-Wan and Luke and he doesn't know about Leia.

I think it'd be a cool last scene to have Vader confronting Padme and asking her where his son is. Then flash to Tatooine and show Obi-Wan delivering him to Owen and Beru. End of movie. This of course would imply that Padme is killed but it wouldn't actually be shown on screen.

14. lucoplakia

Aug 10, 2001
    It means that I'm sarcastic (in a pleasant way, I hope) and that Vader didn't know about Luke until sometime after ANH -- PERIOD.

OBI WAN KENOBI
    "To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him."

If Vader and Sidious knew about Luke before ANH, a wicked babyhunt would have been underway for many years following EpIII. And it would have rendered pretty quick results, one would think, since Luke's guardians kept his family surname and lived on l'il Anakin's home planet.

Oviously, Vader felt some weird Force stuff when he came upon Luke's fighter in ANH. Maybe he did some research afterwards to find out who the big hero was and he found out that way. Maybe he ruminated over the feelings he got during the DS attack or shared them with Sidious, and then either he or Sidious determined that the source of those funky willies could only be the son of Anakin. Who knows? But however the discovery process played out, it played out after ANH. Again, PERIOD.

If it turns out that Vader did know somehow, then Lucas - regardless of his obvious dialogue problem - will lose a a great deal of the respect I have for him as a master storyteller. This would be a ridiculous plot twist; thank god it won't ever be.

I apologize to the iniatitor of this thread for my blatent disregarding of the offered topic.

15. AurraJade

AurraJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2000
    The last scene I would like to see is, after Obi-Wan takes Luke to Owen and Beru, he stands on a Tattoine sand dune and stares out at the twin suns setting, very much like what Luke does in ANH.

16. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Actually im kinda on the rope on this one I figure Vader would know it was his son once the name of Skywalker became popular after the Battle of Yavin. But I actually dont think he knew that he exsisted. Remember in Rotj, Vader was Like "Sister...so you have a Twin sister" like he had know idea she was ever born. That kinda means Anakin went to the Darkside shortly after Padme became pregnant. Wondering how its going to all workout in the PT.

For the end scene I would like to see something emotional with Padme in having to give up her son to Obi-Wan to give to Owen and Beru to keep him safe ( seeing how she stays with her daughter for a short time) something that conveys a sadness from the overall events that led to this, but also a hope( A New Hope) that one day Luke can become a Jedi like his Father before him.

17. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    I agree. No one here is arguing that Vader knew he had twins. He obviously didn't.

But if he knew Padme was pregnant that makes things more interesting. I don't know about the baby hunt. I've always believed that Vader might let Obi-Wan escape with Luke, perhaps in his last moment of goodness before going fulltime to the Dark Side. Deep down Vader knows that his best chance to one day overthrow the Emperor is to let his son live. Remember, "The EMPEROR knew that if Anakin had any offspring they would be a threat to HIM (the Emperor". Perhaps the Emperor is more emphatic about finding Luke than Vader is.

Personally I believe that Anakin/Vader will have some sort of aversion to returning to Tatooine. But of course I really can't back that up.

"It's the only explanation for the ease of [their] escape".

18. lucoplakia

Aug 10, 2001
    I am beside myself with incredulity! Angels of mercy, protect and defend me!

Vader says "So... you have a twin sister" because Vader is crazy into the Force and can read minds, not because he knew something about Padme's pregnancy.

It is preposterous to theorize that the Emporer is more into finding Luke than Vader is. It says in the ESB crawl that Vader is "obsessed". Also, Vader is a good guy at heart, right? He clearly has a thing for family - true, he wants to set up a Darth and Sons outfit, but nevertheless, he is harldy the kind of evil despot that was aloof on any level about his children.

And just because people seem to "let" people do things a lot in Star Wars movies dos not mean that a de facto argument exists for the possibilty that this or that happens because someone allows it to happen. I might then wonder, did the Emporer LET Vader throw him off the catwalk, to his death? Did Han LET Vader freeze him in carbonite and hand him over to Boba Fett? Anyone could come up with a similar barrage of phantom arguments to support these insanities, but insanities they would remain. Sometimes, Star Wars characters do clever or skillful things and get away with it. We must all learn to accept this.

This "Vader knew" talk is wild speculation in the face of overwhelming evidence and logical deductions to the contrary. I have become too excited by this topic and I fear that my adled brain may soon explode.

19. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Vader says "So... you have a twin sister" because Vader is crazy into the Force and can read minds, not because he knew something about Padme's pregnancy

Well you could be right, Vader might have no idea that Padme had become pregnant. But if thats the case then he must have went to the Dark Side very shortly before she became pregnant which I dont see how that can work really, have to wait and see. But i think its more possible that he even though he was not their for the birth of his unborn twins that he knew of Padme being pregnant. Giving himself to Dark Side he had know choice but to obey his master and capture his children once born because they would be a threat to the Emperor and the Empire. But Obi-Wan was quick enough to hide Padme before they were born, and after they were born Obi-Wan hid the twins. I could be totally off on this because i really have no idea on how it works out, its always puzzled me.

20. lucoplakia

Aug 10, 2001
    That is not horrible speculation. Vader could have known about the pregnancy, but if he did he must have been tricked into believing that Padme was dead and the children with her. It just doesn't make sense that the Empire would begin its regin with Vader knowing that his kid or kids were out there somewhere, doing nothing, it would appear, with infinte resources both magical and governmental at his disposal, to attempt to find them.

What should be the last scene in Episode III? THAT is the true nature of the thread.

21. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I really like what Kenneth-Morgan came up with (if you haven't read it... do so). It's gonna suck if the Prequel Trilogy ends without some kind of hopeful aspect.
    I understand that things aren't going so well for the light side of the Force at the time, but we need something to hold on to. Look at ESB, some say the darkest and some say the best of the SW movies. Han's a block of Carbonite, Luke's lost his hand, from apparently his father, the Rebels are on the run, basically things are downright poodoo for the good guys. But the scene in the medical room left you with a glimmer of hope. Otherwise it would be downright deppressing.
    I especially liked the idea that it be a (pre)re-enactment of the classic "binary-sunset" scene we've all come to know and love. Adds a scene of connection to ANH.

22. trippinjedi

trippinjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    Obi Wan and Yoda looking out a window:
    "Told you did I. Much fear in him. Now, matters are worse."
    "All hope is lost."
    "Not yet, a new hope shall arise..."

23. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    This is tangential but a few people have been describing scenes in which Obi-Wan is talking to Yoda and both are despairing but Yoda is saying "There is another" or "There will be a new hope".

My only question is why do Obi-Wan and Yoda have to wait around for 20 years for Luke to grow up before doing anything? What makes them think that Luke can do what either one of them could not?

I'm not really sure that it was Obi-Wan's plan to necessarily pluck Luke from Tatooine and start training him hardcore. It seems to me that Obi-Wan himself would have raised Luke from day one if that was truly the plan. And the only reason Obi-Wan DID try to start training Luke (20 years after the fact) is because his foster parents were murdered.

24. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    VERY good point!! I hadn't thought of that, but it's perfectly logical. Think about it... there was no talk of training Luke until after Ben realized that fate, the Force or whatever it was had brought Luke to him with a message from his own sister. I'd think that that would tend to qualify as a "sign" of some sort that events were once again in motion, wouldn't you?

I imagine that Ben took Luke to Tatooine and stayed there a.) to watch over him, but b.) to use whatever cover Tatooine offered from the prying eyes of Vader and the Emperor as a means of hiding himself, just as (I assume) Yoda used whatever odd energies Dagobah possessed in order to hide himself. Perhaps there wasn't an outright declaration that Luke would never be trained, but certainly it would make sense that Ben and Yoda would choose to wait for events to transpire which would undeniably indicate that it was Luke's undeniable destiny to be trained rather than making the choice on their own. He was, after all, not only a potential savior, but also a potential scourge.

25. Savant

Savant Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2001
    Vader might have known he had a son. He didn't know he had twins. It really doesn't matter cause we will find out eventually. I like trippinjedi's thought for the last scene in Episode III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.