main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What should be the last scene in Episode III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by semos5, Aug 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    Padmé's funeral or memorial with Obi Wan, Yoda, Owen, Beru (or Bail Organa if it is on Alderaan)and of course Luke and Leia present. It will either be on Tatooine or Alderaan.

2. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    I'd rather see a close up of Vader's helmet staring off into space from a ship, probably after Obi-Wan or whoever else just escaped him (if someone just escaped him, which probably SHOULD happen) and hearing nothing but his breathing.

On top of that, I'd like to see Episode III forgo the traditional John Williams "happy, upbeat credits music" and instead have the credits fade in while still hearing Vader's breathing, with no other sound/music as the credits begin to play. Music can fade in eventually, but should be more sinister than Williams "happy, upbeat" credits music.

I know a lot of fans will scream blasphemy at an idea like that, but EpIII is going to be the darkest Star Wars movie yet and for the full impact of just what happened to Anakin and who he now is, that music needs to go.

-Jomero

3. snailwalker_DK

snailwalker_DK Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Great thoughts Romero. Ep 3 needs to be a very dark and sad movie, so of couse will the traditional JW music need a "remix" :)

4. Philip023

Philip023 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    JRomero, I like that idea. Especially about the music. A more soft musical ending I think is necessary although I don't think it will happen. I like the Vader staring off into space idea as well.

If there is going to be "happy" music at the end, why not continue with the shot of Vader staring into space, then return to a shot of a ship with Obi Wan on it heading to Tattoine. Camera pans to Obi wan in deep thought and with a sad look on his face. Camera then pans to a moving close up of a sleeping baby Luke followed by the end credits.

Music should end with something along the lines of Nessun Dorma or something to that effect. I like this cuz the shot would show Obi wan filled with thought and emotion, having just fought for his life against his friend and knowing that the Jedi, Republic and Padme are all dead. But the final shot would show Luke as a toddler and the closeup would convey that, someday, he will be "a new hope".

Just a thought.

5. Newsfop

Newsfop Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2002
    Not all Star Wars endings are happy, let alone jovial. We got to see grand celebration when ANH came out and then again with RotJ. It was improved with the re-release and I absolutely love the introduction of celebrations elsewhere in the galazy.

What all endings have in common is that there is musical overlay with only scenery sound effects. One exception to this is the jabber of Chewie and R2 at the award ceremony.

The end of AotC and RotJ have numerous scenes. There's no reason to believe it won't happen again in Ep. III. I, IV and VI were set to employ togetherness. But remember that Chewie and Lando took off at the end of V. Anakin, Padmé and the droids took off at the end of II. Where we've seen congregation, III will be the image of separation, crumbling.

I can see Obi-Wan leaving Dagobah with Luke in his custody, a dishevel Senator Amidala arrive on Alderaan with another (nameless) babe in arms meeting with Organa, dreadful actions of the Empire beginning the purge of the Old Republic, Obi-Wan arrive on Tatooine to deliver baby Luke to his next of kin (in Harry Potter style maybe) then finally closing with a lone Yoda in depressed meditation on Dagobah.

The music doesn't have to be happy to fit well with the begin end-credit fanfare, it just has to be powerful. This is William's chance to pull out all the stops on emotion and give us the lasting musical avalanche of terror/saddness/dread/whatever to close the gap between the loss of freedom and A New Hope.

6. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    It could be logic to see Vader first time built ready and totally transformed, every hint of Anakin lost because the whole saga ends when he disappears and Anakin comes back.

A dialogue between Obi-Wan and Yoda about "A new hope" or "Boy is our only hope" is little bit unlogical because later Yoda says that "There is another"...

7. Anasazi_Jedi

Anasazi_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2002
    Lucas has already made it clear that this is going to be dark and he doesn't care what anyone thinks. It will have to end with a Vader scene and it will be dark. Lucas will surely have a scene where Obi-Wan gives young Luke to Owen and Beru but it will have a feeling of despair and pain surrounding it because this movie is about the rise of the Empire. We will feel the pain of betrayal and a sense of hopelessness at the end because the "chosen one" has turned to the Dark Side and is helping Sidious destroy all that Anakin once held dear.

I am going with Vader standing on the bridge of a SD gazing out a view port with the Imperial March playing in the background. The screen dims and we are left with only the music.

8. SithLord127

SithLord127 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    Anakin will for sure know about Padme being pregnant, how could he not possibly know that? But I agree, he doesn't know about Luke being a Jedi until The Empire Strikes Back.

9. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Last scene of Episode 3...

Yoda and Obi-Wan stand witnessing the devastation caused by Anakin's turn to the Dark Side, and the rise of the Galactic Empire. Probably on Tatooine or Dagobah.

YODA: Nice job training the Chosen One, Obi-Punk!

(smacks Obi-Wan on the head with his gimer stick and walks off, muttering)

IRIS OUT

CREDITS

10. SWPhantom

SWPhantom Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    I imagine seeing Vader speaking with the now EMPEROR palpatine, telling him that all of the Jedi have been destroyed, but that he is unable to find Obi-wan or Yoda. Palpatine will tell him that they are of no consequence or something of the sort. Then we move quickly between worlds, just like in ROTJ, only this time we see them being taken by the empire, Storm Troopers filling the streets of Coruscant, Tattooine and such.
    We then move quickly to Obi wan delivering Luke to the Lars and disappearing into the desert.
    Finally, we go to Alderaan which is being overrun with troopers, and the movie ends with Bail Organa saying: "We will rebel."

11. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    I was thinking that the last scene could be something like..
    Obi Wan outside his house on Tatooine just looking at the sky while the sun is setting..and then saying..that boy was our last hope.
    I know it's an ripoff from ESB,but what the hell, it could work ;) ;)

Or Vader looking out the window of an stardestroyer & saying.."It has begun."

I'd rather see a close up of Vader's helmet staring off into space from a ship, probably after Obi-Wan or whoever else just escaped him (if someone just escaped him, which probably SHOULD happen) and hearing nothing but his breathing.

NIIICE idea ;) ;)

12. X-Wing_Pilot5

X-Wing_Pilot5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    I hope that it will be with Obi-Wan on Tatooine, perhaps walking into the sunset.

Or perhaps (i've thought of this once), one where Obi Wan is walking across some sand dunes and watches some T-16s flying across the screen.

Of course, in one of those T-16s is Luke Skywalker, the someday-to-be "new hope" for the galaxy.

God bless,

X-Wing Pilot 5

13. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Last image ever we will see i hope , is Afther the whole obi on tatooine and delivering luke thingy
    An Image of Darth Vader starring through a window of a ship and breathing ofcousre and in the background choirs playing and as the credits show up you can hear him breath and then stop .

14. Kenobi19

Kenobi19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2002
    First you see Obiwan giving Leia to Organa and then Luke to the Lars homestead. Next it switches to Yoda who is standing in the swamps of Dagobah, shaking his head in dissapointment. Finally, the Imperial March starts and we see Vader, mask and all, looking out of the window of a star destoyer. End

15. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I'd like to see Vader sitting in some kind of throne or at least standing in some high up place to sympbolize his power, then slowly zoom in on him while blaring the Imperial march

And maybe Vader saying "I will find you." We don't need for him to say who

16. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    First you see Obiwan giving Leia to Organa and then Luke to the Lars homestead. Next it switches to Yoda who is standing in the swamps of Dagobah, shaking his head in dissapointment. Finally, the Imperial March starts and we see Vader, mask and all, looking out of the window of a star destoyer. End

I like that idea! :D

And what about this?

The thing that would be more excited would be something like in the end of SE Ep VI.
    We see planets all falling under the power of the Empire.
    Invading Clone/Storm Troopers, sad faces, giant ships and ofcourse THE IMPERIAL MARCH !!!
    :D
    Now that would be nice! But not as THE last scène.

17. JHC_JEDI

JHC_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    I think a lot of you who are hoping for a positive tilt to the ending of EPIII are going to be sorely dissappointed.

The end of EPIII will signify the rise of the empire, and the solidification of its control over the galaxy.

I'm envisioning a sort of reverse celebration scene to what was seen in ROTJ Special Edition. We will see the giant statue of the Emperor being constructed on Coruscant, Stormtroopers quelling disturbances, various shots of opression on different planets, all shot in the quick, panning, long distance manner of the celebration in ROTJ:SE. There will probably be a couple of jedi being taken out by the stormtroopers in the background of one shot.

Prior to that scene will be Obi-Wan and Yoda talking about the rise of the "Dark Times" that Obi mentioned to Luke in ANH. I think it will be known that their hope is placed in Luke, but that would be several years down the road, and the galaxy will be sure to suffer for the fall of the Chosen One.

18. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    The final scene of Episode III will be this ( I hope). Palpatine's chair with it's back toward the audience looking through a window across Coruscant.
    Palpatine's voice:- "The republic has fallen. Now we will create a new Empire to rule the Galaxy!"

The camera pans out, and as it does we hear the familiar breathing of Vader as he comes into shot with his back toward the audience.

Vader's voice:- "yes, my master our final victory will soon be complete."
    (hinting to the final purge of the Jedi.)

The Emperor's theme is heard which blends into the Imperial March and as the camera pans back we cut to the final credits.

"One of the halflings carries something of great value. Bring them to me alive....and unspoiled. Kill the others!"

19. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    You should just hear Vader's breathing in the backround,and then you see Padme,then cut to Obi-Wan,then to Yoda

That'd be pretty cool

20. Redldr12

Redldr12 Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2002
    I think it would be cool for the last scenes to be first obiwan escoting a pregnant admidala to a starship under heavy blaster fire. The it pans out off the planet to vader facing the out side window on the deck of his starship. the reflection in the glass is first anakin from episode one the it changes into anakin from episode 2 then to episode three and finally vader.

21. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I think I would like the end to be Obi-Wan watching the twin sunset outside of his hut after having left Luke with the Lars.

Or, Vader in the suit for the first time. Just for a few seconds, though.

22. GimmeDeeLyte

GimmeDeeLyte Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    Even though star wars has it's classic score, they have a specific musical track that they use for every individual movie for example: TPM, duel of the fates/AOTC the love theme etc... I think that whatever this is for the third film should be playing while you see obi wan giving luke to owen and beru, and then you see padme giving leia to bail in a very soothing visual musical experience, until, BOOM the empire marching music comes on and you see nothing but an all white( almost kamino like room) with a small black dot in the middle. you then see an even smaller black dot descending from the top of the screen until it eventually merges with the one in the middle. Little do you realize that what you've just seen was a machine putting vaders helmet on to him. then you see vader stand up slowly and start walking towards the screen. he keeps walking until his face eventually overshadows the screen with blackness and for just one time you here the infamous inhale and exhale. then bam roll the credits

23. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    A good logical Episode 3 ending I think would be a scene where Obi Wans retreating into the desert.

24. EWOK1891

EWOK1891 Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2003
    Well I haven't been able to read all the posts and don't know if anyone else relaizes it but I think anyone should realize one thing is almost 100% sure to be in the last scene. That of course is R2-D2. He has been in the last clip for all the movies so far. I do think Vader should be the last thing shown, but doubt it. If R2 is shown that would probably mean most of the other characters are present. As much as I'd like to see the twins taken to their places and Yoda going to his planet I don't think it is needed. We all know where they will go so it may not ben needed to show where they go. They are more likely to talk about their destinations like Chewy and Lando talk about going to get Han at the end of the Empire Strikes Back.

Oh well, like I said I would rather see all or most of the stuff everyone posts but I see Lucas ending it with a cast shot like he usually does, minus palp. and vader of course.

25. EWOK1891

EWOK1891 Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2003
    Well I haven't been able to read all the posts and don't know if anyone else relaizes it but I think anyone should realize one thing is almost 100% sure to be in the last scene. That of course is R2-D2. He has been in the last clip for all the movies so far. I do think Vader should be the last thing shown, but doubt it. If R2 is shown that would probably mean most of the other characters are present. As much as I'd like to see the twins taken to their places and Yoda going to his planet I don't think it is needed. We all know where they will go so it may not ben needed to show where they go. They are more likely to talk about their destinations like Chewy and Lando talk about going to get Han at the end of the Empire Strikes Back.

Oh well, like I said I would rather see all or most of the stuff everyone posts but I see Lucas ending it with a cast shot like he usually does, minus palp. and vader of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.