main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI What should Episode III be named?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Capt_Piett, Jan 4, 2003.

?

What should Episode III be named?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Good 'ol "Episode III"

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. "Fall of the Republic"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. "Rise of the Empire"

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  4. "Death of Jar Jar"(You Gungan scum!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "The Turning of Anikin"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. "Rise of Darth Vader"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. "Fall of the Jedi"

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. Other (Please express your opinions)

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
  2. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    Well, this is very self-explanitory.
    Not like this will change the corse of history of somthing like that. I just thought this would be a fun poll.
    Don't forget to explain your opinion.

Just another poll from....
    Capt_Piett

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Although RoTE seems to be a popular choice among fans,I would rule it out for a few reasons.One,it's too common by now.Two,it sounds too EU-ish and it lacks that sense of the double entendre that the other titles seem to have.Besides that,we've already seen the 'Rise of the Empire' in Ep.II(martial law+clone army+red guards+swivel chair=Empire).

Given that Lucas has said these films are styled after 1930's and 40's serial adventures,I wouldn't be surprised if he went with something like 'The Mask of(blah,blah)'.

4. Motman241

Motman241 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    I chose Rise of the Empire, based on the names of the other movies: ESB, and ROTJ. Like they're calling shots in the title of the movie. :)

I didn't see my first choice for movie titles up there, though: Episode III - They're Really Mad Now

OOh, something that just came to mind. What about a title called Last Chance? (to be coupled with ANH)

5. lewiskev

lewiskev Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2002
    After reading Palpatine's journals, there's only one choice:

Exile of the little green booger man and pretty jedi boy

6. Jimmy_James

Jimmy_James Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    I believe the title will be something along the lines of The Rising Darkness. I am thinking Lucas will choose to foreshadow the feeling of the Galaxy and where it is headed.

I don't believe it will be either of the two popular choices because:

1) The Fall of the Jedi: In this title, I take Jedi to mean the plural form of the word, and in that thinking, many Jedi will be alive at the end of the movie (to be later hunted down by Vader). Basically the "fall" hasn't happened yet. We will only be seeing the beginning of the end of the Jedi.

or 2) The Rise of the Empire: Again, the timeline doesn't really gel here. We have already seen how the empire comes into power, so the title isn't going to refer to that. The timeline will also be setup so that the Empire won't actually be the "Empire" so we won't see their Rise to ultimate power.

7. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I am thinking in the order the movies are released

A New Hope
    Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi

Then
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones
    ???

Back to the first, the one that changed our lives, before A New Hope, a new hope from what?

Darkness Falls

Simple but sounds a little too much like a soap opera, YOU ASKED! I should have thought more about this.

Edit: The Jar Jar thing is cool too. He?s already digging his grave, giving Palpatine the power.

8. QueenLaniAmidala

QueenLaniAmidala Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2002
    I don't think any of those names are going to be the title. I'm sure Lucas will come up with something simple, yet elegant: something perfect for the last installment in his timeless saga. :)

9. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    I'm going in between and saying:
    good 'ol Episode III.
    I know all these names are good, and I think that Death of JarJar would be a perfect theme. However, I bet it will be "the Mask of Vader." or somthing like that where we learn Vader's mask posseses a majical evil force.

I think it is too soon to tell, therefore, I vote option 1!

Capt_Piett

10. Jimmy_James

Mar 10, 2002
    QueenLaniAmidala,

I just hope Lucas doesn't come up with anything as simple and elegant as The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones : )

11. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    'The Mask of Vader' seems too direct for Lucas.He seems to favor more vague titles for these films(ESB notwithstanding).

I've gotten used to the fact that I may or may not love a particular SW title.It took quite a while for me to get used to AOTC(the title,I mean).

Jimmy_James-We could also take 'the Jedi' to mean the singular(i.e.Anakin).If that were the case,then Lucas could still use that in the title somehow.Like ROTJ,at first we think it's about Luke's return,but later on we also see that it can also refer to Anakin's return from the darkside.

Personally,I don't care if he calls it 'Doo-Wah-Diddy',as long as he makes the movie! :)

12. Jimmy_James

Mar 10, 2002
    Idg,

I definetly considered that it could be used singular with multiple meanings, and I do like the way Fall of the Jedi sounds. I would complain if that was it.

Altaira,

I also considered Darkness Falls as the title, but there is a movie coming out soon with the same name, and I don't think Lucas would be able to use that.

P.S. Idg, I don't mind Attack of the Clones so much, except that it sounds so close to Attack of the Clowns.

13. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I most definitely think it will have something to do with the Sith. Just compare the two trilogies, and you will see that the respective installment of each trilogy thusfar has a reference to opposing sides of good and bad, examples:

The Phantom Menace- refers to BAD guys
    A New Hope- refers to GOOD guys

Attack Of The Clones- refers to GOOD guys (for time being)
    Empire Strikes Back- refers to BAD guys

Episode III (probably something analogous to Rise Of The Sith or something with Sith in it)- most likely refers to BAD guys because
    Return Of The Jedi- refers to GOOD guys

14. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    My thinking about the name is an ?as a whole?, not just the Fall of Anakin.

20 years of bad times in about to start for the Republic/Empire. The Darkside Rules and all hope is gone. I like an encompassing idea, not so specific to just Anakin.

I do like all the suggestions given. It fun to wonder. I am sure George will surprise all of us.

Although I went to the theatre over and over when it first movie released. I just called the movie Star Wars! It took me a long time to call it by the name A New Hope. I was so overwhelmed by the whole movie many little details took forever to sink in.

Star Wars by any other name, is still Star Wars. We love them all!

thanks for the nice words, Jimmy_James.

15. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    'Spectacular Spectacular' :)

16. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    I want to see one line in Episode III:
    "You Gungan Scum!"
    they took the time to say "you rebel scum" so why not expnad that?

"Annie watsa yousa doin'?"
    "Shut up Jar-Jar!"
    "Annie, are yousa mad?"
    "Shut Up you Gungan Scum!!!!"
    [Pulls out lightsaber and slashes through Jar-Jar's neck]
    "Ahh, now I can watch TV again, the Simpsons are on."

17. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    LMAO Idg!! Does that mean Padme gets to have a solo number before she dies?

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Padmé is the sparkawing diamond!

19. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Sure,Padme can sing a solo tune,why not? :)

And,contrary to popular belief,the final duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan will not happen near a lava pool,but will instead take place atop a large ornamental elephant.And the last shot will show a grief stricken Christi....uh,Obi-Wan alone in his hovel on Tatooine,with'LaMent' in bright lights on the outside of the hut. :p

20. lewiskev

lewiskev Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2002
    Return of the Jedi closed the last trilogy with songs from Jabba's court band and the Ewoks - why not make Episode III a musical? :)

21. poweranger

poweranger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    dawn of the starkiller

son of suns

darkside the movie

fear leads to anger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.