main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should happen to Eeth Koth in TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    When the Clone Wars retconned Master Koth to have survived Geonosis I was initially thrilled to see one of my favourite Councilers return. Now however, I think that they should have him killed - soon. Because it seem by the third and final year of the war Agen Kolar has replaced Koth on the Jedi Council. I think it would've made sense to have killed him in Even Piell's place thus saving that Coruscant Nights book.

What do you think? What should happen and what will happen in your opinion? 

2. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I like Eeth Koth. I don't know much about him but I think his design is awesome. He looks like an Anime-star! [face_laugh]

His appearance in "Grievous Intrigue" was a great debut and it became clear that he was in the same skill class as Kit Fisto and possibly Plo Koon. He was able to overpower Grievous in every way and would have likely killed those guards if Grievous didn't have a strategy.
    I was also glad that his off-screen and off-evident death was retconned. No character deserves to die in small context.
    ^It's this reason that I was rather glad that Piell's novel-death was retconned. I still don't like that TCW team had to drop such an unecesary bomb in the first place though. Working along the cannon isn't that difficult..... :rolleyes:

With all that said, I do feel that Koth needs to die soon. Kolar has been left out of this series far too long for my tastes.
    It's a shame that Koth has received so little character development. This is yet another reason why I detest the use of main characters like Anakin, Obi-wan, Ahsoka, and Padme.

Speaking of Piell's death and Koth's likelihood of dying soon, I think it's about time Kcaj had his chance to star.
    You know, COLEMAN KCAJ. This guy:
    -the only council member in the PT with no characterization
    -the only council member without an identifiable lightsaber blade hue
    -the only important ongree Jedi with Pablo Jill aside
    -a unique design for his species
    -a character with an unkown fate as of ROTS

If I was running this show, I'd use the character already. characters like Kcaj have a real possibilties for potential.

Sudooku likes this.
  3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As much as I like Eeth Koth, I think he should die to justify his absence on the Council. However, I think they should also show a couple of episode with Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar together to establish a difference.

Same thing for Gallia and Allie.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Agreed.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Death to Eeth Koth by General Grievous....some cool duel with multiple jedi facing Grievous- or even better Grievous and Dooku together fighting masters like Windu and Koth....then heroic end to Koth in that duel....

And I agree about Kolar, Koth, Gallia and Allie... but does Gallia have any more time- is she going to survive all the way through Nomad Droids?

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Adi Gallia could die in the next episode. But who knows.

7. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    It's interesting to see what choices they will (have to) make concerning these characters on the show. It would be a shame to kill Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia in their next episode, because they simply haven't gotten much time nor character development. Perhaps they could kill them off at the end of an arc (similar to Even Piell). If Grievous kills Gallia, then I prefer a different character to kill Koth! Perhaps Dooku? Savage Opress?

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I still doubt Gallia is going to die in the next episode. If she does I don't think its going to be on screen since the Grievous fight seems to be such a tiny part of the episode. Really I think we've seen all we're going to see of that duel in that 4 minutes preview. I suppose they could go back and forth though. I wonder if Bonnie Marks will write "Nomad Droids" as well. The back and forth thing doesn't seem to be much in that writer's style.

9. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm still thinking there's a good chance that Stass and Agen will just get retconned into Adi and Eeth. Given that Stass and Agen were referenced as Adi and Eeth all the way through ROTS, I doubt Lucas is even aware that there was a name change in the EU.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I cannot say about Adi- preview clip doesn't show her death maybe she survives but well- then again why to have Adi to face Grievous in the first place if she is not going to die- because after R2 and 3po leave the vessel there is nothing that needs to be saved for the sake of continuity so i guess Adi dies - but if she won't that is not bad really just surprising it's not something they usually do....

11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Well then Wolffe likely dies too? Since they were rendezvousing with Adi.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why should someone need to die in a duel? I'm glad they chose Gallia instead of the usual Obi-Wan. At least in this case we don't know what's going to happen, thus giving some tension (which I think it's the obvious purpose).

13. FistoFan93

Jul 27, 2009
    Of course not. Wolffe drops the droids off at Master Gallia and then leaves to aid Plo Koon.

14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Adi Gallia won't be dying in her next episode, her death has already been established.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Boz_Pity
    And if they did kill her off in TCW I wouldn't be happy; her death was noble and epic like she deserved - but I'm afraid Koth won't get the same treatment!

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How?

16. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Have you read 'Obsession'? Grievous slays like 50 clones and another Master but cannot kill Gallia until she charges in and attacks the general. She says "You'd better hope they gave you deflector shields!" (Another reason why this duel is one of Gallia's finest hours) Then they dueled before he sprung his second pair of arms out to kill her.

The whole battle was epic, 3/4 of the Jedi Council was present as were Dooku, Grievous and Ventress. Skywalker even piloted a Venator Star Destroyer single handedly through a blockade to land on Boz Pity.

The whole comic was awesome and THAT'S where Adi Gallia died; in an epic duel with General Grievous. Her death was noble and epic, just like the battle and comic. In fact the comic is probably my favourite Star Wars comic.

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    What a stupid plot point. "Plo needs reinforcements... but we're going to drop a couple droids off first..."

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wolffe really hates Adi Gallia apparently.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Since he made no appearance in Sith, I would say either Grievous or Dooku should kill him on-screen. I say the same thing with Offee and Swan, and whoever else made an appearance in Clones, but wasn't in Sith. They should be all dealt with in the Clone Wars. Grievous needs to live up to his rep as a Jedi killer, and Dooku needs to personally get involved from time to time.

20. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    If anything, I think Grievous will kill Gallia (it could happen in the next episode), I think they should show it, it would give Grievous his first true Jedi kill, plus be an epic duel.

As for Eeth Koth, I've always wanted to see Dooku face another Jedi Council member that ISN'T Anakin or Obi-Wan (or Yoda). I've always wanted him to face Mace, this show is the last chance to see that, but then again I've wanted to see Dooku face either/and Kit Fisto and Plo Koon (Koon in particular because of their connections and history with Qui-Gon).

We'll see how it plays about, although I wouldn't mind seeing Agen Kolar with Koth, just to establish the difference, Kolar could be more....aggressive/forward, while Koth is more softly spoken, and not as abrasive.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Say this to Even Piell[face_whistling]

yeah I'm not saying it is bad thing if Adi lives- but TCW is not known from it's surprising endings- Tarpals didn't need to die either, but if we have Grievous facing a character who don't need to live- can they really drop the idea of heroic death for Adi?..... After all GG was getting a victory according to Filoni and everyone says he needs to kill more jedi- Adi's old death doesn't seem to work well with this (in Obsession she was not aware of GG's four hands) and that death was by Grievous anyway... once more a defeat for GG to save only Adi Gallia doesn't seem too fitting either, but if they focus heavily on droids she may survive- if Plo comes to save her for example... but if they want tension what about Grievous winning for once?

22. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I understand what you mean: Grievous doesn't live up to his "Jedi killer" rep, does he? In his debut in the micro series he killed a master and his padawan before besting Masters Ti, Mundi, Secura and K'Kruhk. Now Grievous lacks tha it ferocity, even in ROTS he fled! GG should kill Koth, removing Koth (not Gallia!) as a continuity issue and reiterating Grievous' power. It'd have to be a truly epic and impressive duel to satisfy my wants however.[face_laugh]

23. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Should be killed by Grievous.

Gives him some credibility in the series and in recent memory.

Make it a good battle to, not some 25 second skirmish.

24. FistoFan93

Jul 27, 2009
    Not per se. They might need more troopers or supplies, which Gallia has perhaps.

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002

Whaaaaaat? She died in Sith, dude.