main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should happen to Eeth Koth in TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/f4/TheDeathofSoonBaytes.jpg]

He was totally badass that day.

2. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    He should just die already.

3. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Actually Eeth Koth has not yet officially died, right? Maybe announced deaths take a bit longer.:p

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Ya he has not died yet.

5. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Koth is a loose end that could have been tied up in the CW series, he should have died before it wrapped.

6. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    At first I speculated that he would die in Son of Dathomir series .
    But now of course I think he maybe died in one of the unfinished arcs .
    (Battle of Coruscant arc ? )

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe he did die in SOD, but it was cut for space, like the Vos/Maul duel and the Magicksaber?

Sudooku likes this.
  8. Saga Explorer

Mar 14, 2015
    I thought back than that Darth Maul would kill him but either way we have to see what happened to Eeth Koth .

9. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Eeth Koth was replaced on the Jedi Council by Agen Kolar, so he should be dead by the time of Rebels, unless they rewrite his story. They'd have to come up with a reason why he left the Council, and how he survived Order 66. I think they should keep him in the CW era, and kill him in a comic. If they want a Jedi survivor, they should use someone like Shaak Ti who has an established EU survival story that can be added to the new canon.

Darth Kickass likes this.
  10. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    AFAIK, Eeth Koth was replaced by Agen Kolar because the actor who played Koth, wasn't available for that quadruple-killing scene in Palpatine's office in ROTS. So they invented another Zabrak for the Council.

11. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Yes, I know - the same is true for Adi Gallia, I always thought that was a weak part of the backstory, replacing Council members with the same gender / species, so that they look similar but not exactly the same. Someone from LFL did discuss that (many years ago), and basically said they had to kill off Eeth and Adi because those actors weren't available. Where they go from this point, we don't know, considering they devised a new story for Adi and her fall.

12. Coffee Two Sugars

Coffee Two Sugars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    As I (or one of my other incarnations) said elsewhere, what should happen to Eeth Koth is that he should FINALLY get his cup of caf. The poor soul never got it in Lego SW III IIRC.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It is possible Koth retired due to severe injuries he sustained under Torture from the Magnaguards at the behest of Grievous.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Actors get replaced all the time in sequels without getting spun into new characters. I thought the existence of Agen Kolar and Stass Allie was stupid to begin with. I mean:

You have this actress playing a character called Adi Gallia

[​IMG]

She gets replaced in AOTC by this actress

[​IMG]

And they felt the need to make a new character? I don't even think she faces the camera a single time, so they just made an all new character based on promo photos.

I mean hell, the only time Stass shows her face on screen as far as I know, she looks like this

[​IMG]

Which IMO looks more like "Adi" than "Stass." And they didn't bother making a third character, they just kept her as Stass Allie. But even then, we don't see Stass Allie up close. But Kit Fisto changes too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They didn't bother splitting him into a second character/cousin of Kit Fisto.

But there are plenty of films in which actors change without the character changing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was just some stupid quirk unique to Star Wars, and an extremely unnecessary one, IMO. They should have just said that it was just Eeth and Adi across all three films. They can't do that now that Adi was killed off in TCW and Stass Allie never showed up. If I were a kid and TCW was my first exposure to Star Wars and then I saw ROTS, I'd be confused and just think that Adi survived somehow, or that Katooni all grown up. A result of unnecessarily creating new characters just because of a different actor.

15. Saga Explorer

Mar 14, 2015
    I find it personally better that Adi Gallia and Stass Allie are two different characters.
    And IMO Agen Kolar looks NOT like Eeth Koth at all so it is a change for the better .

16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    They really should tie up the loose ends on this matter. Since Disney canonized TCW, it is in their lap and doesn't look good. We can actually make an argument that none of those loser Jedi that fight Sidious in ROTS were who they are since they all look different (except Mace). So Eeth needs a status update, Saesee Tinn and Kit Fisto look different because of..war?

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't really need an explanation. It's not like in Iron Man 2 people were like "Man Rhodes, you got darker and look like Don Cheadle all of a sudden!"

Or when Rachel was recast in The Dark Knight, there was no acknowledgement of it, or when Val Kilmer played Batman instead of Michael Keaton, etc.

I don't demand to know why Rachel looks different, nor bother trying to rationalize that she had work done on her face or anything like that. It's just a different actress playing another character, which for any other franchise really isn't a huge deal. I mean, let's say Ewan McGregor had died in a car accident shortly after shooting AOTC. They would have had to have recast Obi-Wan for ROTS, fans wouldn't be able to rationalize that it's Obi-Wan's cousin that coincidentally dresses the same or something like that - which is essentially what happened with Agen, Stass, and Sar Labooda.

The whole different actor = new character pattern is something that I am not familiar with outside of Star Wars. IMO it's easier to look at Agen Kolar in ROTS and say that it's Eeth Koth recast with a different actor than it is for me to think that there was just this coincidence that Eeth Koth dies and gets replaced on the council by a look-a-like, or that the same thing happens with Stass Allie. If anything, I find it a bit creepy that the Jedi Council gets lookalikes to replace Eeth and Adi.

The way I hoped they would have explained it (a little late now) was to do an homage of Kurosawa's Kagemusha and have it so that Eeth and Adi die, and Agen and Stass are selected as their replacements BECAUSE they look like their predecessors (to keep up the illusion that Eeth and Adi were still alive).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    That would be an interesting twist, had the Council not wanted the public to know they died. I feel they should have simply matched the likeness with the new actors, or picked other Jedi to replace them. They could have easily died during the war, so it's plausible that replacing Council members wasn't out of the norm.

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't know if it was Lucas or if it was the EU that decided that new characters had to be created for background characters whose faces you hardly see on screen. I thought that Eeth Koth's name existed on paper for the makeup department even until ROTS' production, though Agen Kolar's name appears in the script.

I just would have thought that it would have been just as easy to replace Adi and Eeth with completely new characters, if Lucas was displeased by the fact that the characters changed appearance. I mean, iirc, Lucas didn't like having another of Yoda's species on the council, and so replaced Yaddle with Shaak Ti. And he thought Yarael Poof looked too much like a Kaminoan, so replaced him with Coleman Trebor. If it was such a big deal, they could have just dropped Stass Allie as a character (her presence in the Geonosis arena is so minor and insignificant that they could have replaced her with any extra) and continued to just use recycled footage of Eeth and Adi for council scenes in ROTS.

I also recall a rumor that Tsui Choi was for a time going to be canonized as a council member in ROTS to replace Shaak Ti (who was going to die early in the film), but that when Shaak Ti's death was cut, there was no longer a need for another council member (I don't know if there was any truth to that rumor, but it would explain the Aleena flying the dragonfly like creature at the Battle of Kashyyyk).

Or he could have just replaced them with new characters and could have put characters like Kit Fisto and Pablo-Jill on the Council in AOTC and dropped Adi and Eeth as he did with Yarael and Yaddle.

And there's a treasure trove of alien masks in the makeup department. If Tux looked too different in Eeth Koth's makeup, they could have just grabbed a rodian or nikto mask, etc. and slapped it on him.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I agree, I know the characters of Eeth and Adi look awesome and maybe they wanted to keep them because they liked the design so much, but they should have given them good death scenes
    if that was the case. I thought Pablo Jill was already on the council, but I guess that was so other made up name. Not sure why it wasn't Pablo. Another discrepency.

21. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    I've always wanted someone to create a story for Eeth Koths death but now the clone wars has finished I can't see it happening! I would like him to have been killed by General Greivous maybe? And I agree Coleman Kcaj should feature in a future comic maybe but he is often confused with Pablo Jill!

whostheBossk likes this.