main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What should the Gainesville FanForce call itself? It is generally understood that all names will be

Discussion in 'Archive: Gainesville, FL' started by Master_SweetPea, Mar 24, 2005.

?

What should the Gainesville FanForce call itself? It is generally understood that all names will be

Poll closed Apr 23, 2005.
  1. Swamp Jedi

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Gator FanForce

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jedi Gator Chomp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SwampForce

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. Gator Knights

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  6. Swamp Knights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
  2. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I voted for the Gator Knights. That sounds pretty cool. :D

3. jediseanUF

jediseanUF Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    I went for the Gator Knights as well. I could envision a logo, or t shirt design with a gator dressed as darth vader and/or a gator dressed as a jedi.

btw my girlfriend is hot on the trail of a darth gator pic from the sun. Any others with artistic tendencies want to try and contribute some ideas for logos characters ect.?

4. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    I voted. And I have a picture of Darth Gator. It was a picture of me with it but I think I can get me out of it and still have just DG in it. But I can't get to it until after I move on April 8.

Mary

5. jediseanUF

Mar 2, 2005
    No problem. My girfriend came through and got an archive pic to darth gator from the sun. Now after I can it I can crop and edit it and go from there. If anyone has some artistic talent maybe we could try and get a jedi gator done as well.

6. THE_casual_fan

THE_casual_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    I kind of think that a graphic of Darth Gator would look better than just a photo. I can try to come up with something and then I'll post it here.

7. Master_SweetPea

Nov 18, 2002
    HERE is everything we need to know about becoming an official chapter.
    We will need a leader, hopefully that person will have lots of spare time...

Once this poll closes, I think we should take the top few names and vote on one, Any objections?
    Once we have a name we can think about a website, t-shirts, flyers, etc.

Is everybody okay with this idea?

8. jediseanUF

Mar 2, 2005
    Sounds good to me, though I suspect that nothing will overtake Gator Knights at this point. We might want to start making some preliminary plans for a shirt/Gainesville FF logo, however, something to do while we are waiting for TRU to open for MM.

9. THE_casual_fan

Feb 13, 2004
    [image=http://www.lieseldesign.com/images/gatorknights.jpg]

Rough draft people... I need feedback here. Am I even close to being in the right direction? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you like bunnies?

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Questions? Comments? Smart remarks?

10. Grand_Moff_Jon

Grand_Moff_Jon Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    I think you're in the right direction, but using a "real" photo of Vader and a "real" gator just looks weird in my opinion. Since Vader's mask (and face) are so important to who he is, maybe we should look at something else...I have sketched a gator in jedi robes with a two sided (blue and orange, of course) lightsaber. I'm trying to get it scanned in to send, but it own't be until monday or tuesday.

but then again, I'm new..so what opinion do I have..

11. Master_SweetPea

Nov 18, 2002
    I like bunnies.
    I like symbols and stuff, maybe we can have a meeting to brainstorm.

12. THE_casual_fan

Feb 13, 2004
    I wasn't sure if anyone else was working on any ideas so I thought I'd throw something out there. That's actually a Vader figurine and one of the Gator statues from around town put together. But yeah... not meshing that well. I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas. I think the orange and blue lightsaber sounds cool. :)

As anyone had a chance to price t-shirt places around town?

13. Grand_Moff_Jon

Grand_Moff_Jon Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    ummm...not to sound internet retarded (but I am..oh how I am), how do I post a pic? Does anyone have an email address I can send it to as a jpeg or tiff? Preferably someone who can post it here? I have two: one is just a pic of the Gator Knight standing, and one action where he's leaping at the viewer, with two separate lightsabers in each hand, again, one blue, one orange.

14. THE_casual_fan

Feb 13, 2004
    I can post them for you. I'll PM you will my email addy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.