What Should The Music Be Like For The Anakin/Obi-Wan Duel In EpIII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Tyrian, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Knight

star 3
    You are. It's used a couple other times when Sidious is talking to the Nemodians.

ttbk
  2. --Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Master

star 3
    And off the top of my head, it's also there when Sidious and Maul converse on the Coruscant balcony.

Speaking of The Emperor's Theme, I was thinking. For The Duel's rather grim ending, instead of Vader's Theme playing quietly in the background or some other haunting cue, some pretty creepy choir work and then a slower than usual Emperor's Theme with intelligently placed Sith Chants? Nothing spectacular, but the idea's been in my head for a while.
  3. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    So apparently there's a new nine-note theme for the duel.

GK edit: adding the highlight for this musical spoiler.
  4. Charth_Maul Jedi Master

star 4
    Beautiful...I can't wait.
  5. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Ah I figured there was more Emperor's theme... I think I recall now. I just got the UE, though, so now I can listen better ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey
  6. --Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Master

star 3
    Just adding one little tidbit to Cerrabore's post...

This new theme is called "Revenge of the Sith"
  7. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I think we're starting to get some "glimpses"... :)
  8. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Kickin'! Williams is awesome. He's the best composer in Hollywood, with Howard Shore (LOTR) as the only other one anywhere near his level.

I know everything's probably locked in, but just as a no-holds-barred what-if ...

Mix DOTF, this new theme ,Imperial March, the Force Theme, The Dark Side Beckons, and pretty much every other theme to arise at one point or another - this is the turning point of the Saga after all - but when Anakin plunges into the Lava, have everything go quiet. Voices, effects, everything. But the music would play the Force theme, quiet and mournful. As if the Force itself is weeping for its Chosen One and for the Galaxy.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.