Amph What Single Movie Was The Greatest Collective Disappointment ?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Blue_Jedi33, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    I... actually did like the Broderick Godzilla. *shrugs*
  2. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I never said that, I just said it was better than Spiderman 2.
    harpuah likes this.
  3. Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One

star 6
    The movie that disappointed me the most was Cowboys and Aliens. I mean it had, Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Jon Favreau, Steven Spielberg and the writers of Transformers and Star Trek. It should have been AWESOME, considering that it was basically Jon Favreau, Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford doing a Weird West movie and, it was so boring.
  4. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Yes but you have abysmal taste.

I have to say either AOTC/ROTS, or Dark Knight Rises. I didn't mind TPM, but 2 and 3 were terrible.
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Well I am the girl that doesn't think Highlander 2 was ****

I actually thought ROTS was the best of the prequel movies. It brought everything together and set the stage for A New Hope quite well (aside from that whole "She lost the will to live" bit. I didn't really care for that when there were already more built - in believeable phsyical ailments Padme could have died from).
  6. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    The Amazing Spider-Man

Went to see it and thinking that it was gonna be a great movie, boy was i wrong, left the theatre disappointed that it was a terrible movie
  7. Blue_Jedi33 Force Ghost

star 5
    @Juliet316

Did you know "Broken Heart Syndrome" is real, very few people die from it however.
    Throw in having two babies in a row, I am guy I don't know how stressful that is, but I am told it's nasty, and there is an increased plausibility variable.
    Last edited by Blue_Jedi33, Apr 27, 2013
  8. heels1785 JCC/PT Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Not even close for me. XMen: The Last Stand. Horrid film.

Fantastic Four 2 would be a distant second, just because we had such high hopes for the Surfer on screen.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    I am aware of it. I guess for me, it wasn't believeable for Padme to die that way.
  10. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    The weird thing is... if someone's convinced they're going to die.... that can actually happen. The mind is weird like that.
  11. Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost

star 4
    Dad?
    Ender_Sai likes this.
  12. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    tearful reunion bout to take place here, folks
    Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    some recons may even be ciliated
  14. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  15. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    real talk tho it was a rachel mcadams film called The Uninvited. such a colossal failure to live up to the korean original it was (very loosely) based on. now if you were to watch said original, A Tale of Two Sisters, you would be treated to some of the very best cinema has to offer
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Apr 27, 2013
  16. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    First of all, what kind of idiot bills the film to the main villain of the whole thing? That's like calling Spiderman 2 "An Alfred Molina film."
  17. Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost

star 4
    Not to take the bait, but Spider Man 2 WAS an Alfred Molina film. An awful one, but give me a better reason to see it.
  18. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Because it is the best superhero film made in the last 25 years?
  19. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
  20. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
  21. BootlegVader Force Ghost

star 4
    How can Fantastic Four 2 be a disappointment? Seeing how the first one was already god awful.

Probably, TPM looking back but the movie I remember being most disappointed with was Troy. In how, the butchered the epic of the Iliad and other Greek Mythology with their changing of the story. Seriously, who is the screen-writer that thinks they know better then Homer and Virgil?
  22. Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost

star 4
    What are you, 25 years old? I desperately hope you're joking.
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  23. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    I was trying to make sure I encompassed Blade, which was the start of the modern slate of superhero movies, and the failed Batman franchise that immediately preceded it and killed of superhero movies before then. I guess I should more properly say "comic book movies" as films featuring superheroes have been made continuously (eg Meteor Man).
  24. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    to have bad opinions about film is human; to take them deadly serious, wocky.
    Last edited by Rogue_Ten, Apr 27, 2013
  25. Darth Morella Chosen One

star 6
    I rarely have high expectations about movies but I remember when The Fifth Element came out, one of my friends was super excited about it and kept telling us how it was gonna totally be the best movie ever so I went to see it. It was meh.
    Mortimer Snerd likes this.