main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What Single Movie Was The Greatest Collective Disappointment ?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Blue_Jedi33, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Top it all off, they have Troi crash the Enterprise. And have her do it again in Nemesis! No that's not perpetuating stereotypes about women drivers at all! :mad:

2. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    To be fair everyone knows that Troi is a complete screw up so the real question is why did anyone give her any control over the ship. Seriously, Whoopi Goldberg's Guinan would have been a better choice to take charge.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Obviously becaue it wasn't a disappointment. :)

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Anything with Dennis Hopper is worth watching at least 247 times.

5. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    You were actually expecting something better than the PoS that the film was? Lol

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Batman don't care about people, just rules.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Picard didn't die :p

But in all seriousness, I heard the other option was having him shot in the back. That seems a rather lame death for Kirk, the bridge thing was at least more heroic.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've actually never seen it.

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  11. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    To be clear, I'm not trying to say that the Dark Knight is a terrible movie. It is quite an enjoyable one, and certainly better than most films of that genre. But it has a number of obvious flaws. And I don't think, in light of those, that one can call it the best of the modern entries.

12. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    Yeah, but Spiderman 2 has two larger flaws then anything found in TDK called Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Through, to be fair it did have a Bruce Campbell cameo which is makes anything 10x better.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm pretty sure that was Spider-Man 3, although the Dunce was unfortunately in all of them.

14. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    Oops, I meant Tobey Maguire. Sorry, his performance was so forgettable that I actually forgot who played Peter Parker for the three films.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes; by making Spiderman ejaculate webbing out of his wrists instead of constructed devices you could then shoehorn an infantile impotency subplot into the film, which creates the impression of depth in the same way putting a bandaid on a wound gives the impression of surgery.

I enjoyed the film, don't get me wrong, but your hagiographic praise of it is completely misplaced.

And Bruce Campbell was the theatre door-man in Spiderman 2, the matire'd in Spiderman 3 and of course, the host of the wrestling in Spiderman.

16. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    Yep, and in every case he was the best part of the movies along with J.K Simmons.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I heard something about that actually being filmed (Kirk being shot in the back), but I've never come across it.

18. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I saw it on Youtube, but I don't know if it's still up there.

Kirk: "I think I could get used to the 24th Century."

*Soran then phasers him in the back*

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Found a rough version of it:

20. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    I didn't think it would've been a good movie to begin with but The Green Hornet is one of the worst pieces of monkey crap to ever be made...

Its so bad that Christop Waltz is actually horrible in it, his dialogue is so hideous its actually funny... The people behind this film should be black balled from Hollywood as if they were Commies during the 50's.

21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I don't think there was any "impotency subplot" or sexual connotation generally. It doesn't lead anywhere. The only things it would symbolize are the things that literally happened in the film to suggest said metaphor in the first place.

What it does do, by making his powers unreliable, is add to the instability of Spiderman's identity. This works well with dozens of other points in the movie, including his existential angst, Molina and Osborne's confused prioritization, the failed rescue attempts, and Aunt May coming to terms with her (lack of) financial security. That's not laughable. It's a consistent, thorough examination of a single theme in a movie. Yes, it's a simple, well-worn point to make. Yes, it is exemplified through incredibly simplistic, easily comprehended set pieces.

But this a comic book movie. It's about idiots in costumes running around punching each other. What they accomplished blows everything else in the genre out of the water. On this score, none of the Batman films are even worth discussing alongside it.

22. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    Spider Man 2 is to date one of the best comic book movies that has been made...

And the fact that spider man doesn't naturally make his own webbing is one of the all time greatest blunders in comic book history...

There is not a smidgen of logic behind it.. Lets be honest here, what are spiders best known for??? Their webs, its what sets them apart from other boring insects. Its the most recognizable thing spiders do, is spin a web...

Its almost on the level of stupidity of someone gaining the powers of birds but not being able to fly on their own will.. Its what birds are known for, flying...

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I always assumed that he did make his own webbing. I didn't know that that was a departure from the comic book. It just made sense to me.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Right, but if we take Lando's "logic" to it's conclusion, he should be shooting web out of his anus.

Darth_Invidious and Frank T. like this.
  25. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    even in the comic book e doesn't make his own webbing...

I could've sworn years ago I read a Stan Lee article that stated Peter didn't make his own webs when he was created because he might be to scary to children...

But like I said its probably the biggest blunder in comics history that Peter doesn't make his own webs naturally... Its the most distinctive feature a Spider is known for, this goes back to my bird example up top.