main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What single shot in the OT gives you goosebumps every time?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by IDigMetalBikinis, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Pretty much every important moment in ANH, but the best is the end of ESB with the fleet and Luke, Leia, C-3PO, and R2-D2 watching the Falcon leave, and the theme as the movie ends.

2. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    *ESB-When Luke enters the chamber, gun drawn, but realizes he's not gonna need his gun here. He puts it away. We hear Vader:"The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet!" and Luke's head turns towards his father's voice.

*ANH-The first time Luke ignites a lightsaber.

*ROTJ-The entire scene with Luke, Vader and the Emperor. In my opinion, the greatest moments in the saga.

3. BenduHopkins

BenduHopkins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    When Yuzzum opens his mouth to the camera while singing "Jedi Rocks".

Whenever they show a close up of Luke's an*s

4. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Um ... when Luke goes back to the moisture farm but only to find that its burning and owen and beru are toasted.

From there... um... I dunno... oh... wait yeah. the Throne room scene. [face_blush] leia always looks hot. lol

In ESB, The Duel between Vader and Luke. and I like the ending too. of luke and Leia and the droids. [face_blush] again...hot Leia [face_blush]

In ROTJ, What Handmaiden said!!! The Scenes with Luke, Vader/Anakin and the Emperor! HEll yeah!! and of course Leia in the bikini [face_blush] hehe. hot.. lol. anywho......

5. YodasBeerGut

YodasBeerGut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2003
    There's many, but the one that will always, without fail, give me the chills is...

When the Death Star blows up... and not only that, but as it is exploding, and all those billions of pieces explode outward, the change in John Williams score plays a BIG part in why it gives me the chills. Williams is so important when it comes to the EMOTIONS of watching Star Wars.

6. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Which SHOT as opposed to which SCENE????

SHOT:
    =====
    Luke's POV shot of the Death Star Trench just as Obi-Wan says "Use the Force Luke". It's wonderful just because all the battle sounds vanish, the Force theme kicks in all ethereal like and it's just the viewer (as luke) staring down this endless trench in the blackness of space. Chills!

SCENE:
    ======
    ESB - Luke reaches out to Leia with the Force as he hangs on the weathervane on Bespin. "Leia...hear me...Leia..." and then we CUT to Leia staring off into space, hearing this voice in her head, the Force theme playing again! Chills!

:D

7. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Probably the shot that gets me almost everytime I watch the OT is the wide shot of Luke standing in front of the funeral pyre.

A close second is Vader standing alone in the Carbon Freeze Chamer as Luke zips up the lift to face him.

8. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    A New Hope,

It's hard to say, just the whole movie in general I guess. It's magical, like the Wizard of Oz.

Empire,

Falcon maneuvering through the Asteroid field.

R2D2 opening finally opening the door on the cloud city platform, so Leia and Chewie can escape and R2D2 shoots that smoke at the stormtroopers and then R2D2 comes rolling out of that smoke, classic!

Leia going back to rescue Luke.

Luke and Vader and the, I'M YOUR FATHER, line.

ROTJ,

When the Falcon flies in between and around passed the rebel ships. ILM showing off back then, love it.

Luke & Vader saber fight, after vader pisses Luke off and they fight and that music comes on, if you don't get emotional during that scene. You're not a SW fan.

When Anakin throws the Emperor down the hole to save his son. I say Anakin, because that's the moment Anakin returns and Vader ceases to exist.

The music during the Ewok battle, williams puts the perfect music, like the ***** hit the fan, all hells broken lose, this is it, then end of everything, very epic.

When wedge shoots that last part of the inside of the Dethstar and they get ready to make there escape. It's the last true moments of SW. The last hoorah of the whole saga and william's music makes me cry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.