What Sith character could I best pull off?

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by willismaximus, Feb 11, 2007.

?

What Sith character could I best pull off?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
Darth Maul 1 vote(s) 12.5%
Darth Revan 4 vote(s) 50.0%
Darth Nihilus 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Exar Kun 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Random Dark Jedi (Maskless) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willismaximus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I've become a beast which cannot be fed. No sooner have I finished my scout costume that I'm thinking about my next one. I decided I want to do a sith lord or dark jedi (red lightsabers are pimp.) Finding a suitable character for me to impersonate is proving tricky though. I personally think Darth Maul is the best choice, considering that, to my surprise, I'm the same height as Ray Park (5'9".) I included Revan and Nihilus simply because they wear masks, though Nihilus is pretty tall. Exar Kun is a possibility (blue double-bladed is also rather pimp.) Finally I have the generic route.

I excluded Darth Bane and Malak, cause they're simply too freaking huge. I also thought about but ultimately excluded Sidious and Sion . . . way too heavy on the prosthetics.

I'll include pics of Revan, Nihilus, and Kun . . . in case you're unaware of these characters.

Tell me what you think and I'll definately take it under advisment.

Revan: http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darthrevanwallpaperqw0.jpg

Nihilus: http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darthnihilusfd3.jpg

Exar Kun: http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exarkunws0.jpg
  2. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I think Revan would be BA! pv
  3. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nihilus. I think his mask is sweet!
  4. ice1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I gotta go with Nihilis, he looks badass, and really should have had more screen time in KOTOR 2.
  5. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    A good Revan costume would be %^&*ing awesome.
  6. willismaximus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ha . . . the poll just seems to be making it even harder to decide. I'm truly torn now.
  7. spack Jedi Padawan

If you decide not to go with Nihilus, I may take a crack at it.
  8. willismaximus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Does anyone have a bust or action figure of Maul shirtless? I found some pics online, but I need a reference for the backside. It should be obvious why I'm asking . . . I think I may be able to cut down on cost considerably (assuming I do a Maul) by shedding the upper tunics, although there would be a ridiculous amount of make-up involved. Oh, and btw . . . my FX saber staff came in Friday! I can't even tell you how much it rocks ... made a couple of "star wars kid-esque" videos to boot, only I don't look like a retard when I do it (martial arts training for the win :p )
  9. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, this is Matt, I've got one of the Darth Maul shirtless action figures. I'll take some pics and bring them to the next meeting.
  10. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I also have one of the shirtless Padme figures...(HMM...Oh...Oh i see...why would anyone want a shirtlees Maul?)I like Nihilus cause he looks like a member of SLIPKNOT \_/ <--(DEVILHORNS).
  11. willismaximus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "shirtless Padme figure"

Best. Action figure. Ever.
  12. ED-VADER Jedi Knight

star 1
    I voted "Maul" on this one Dude because I know whatever you do it's gonna be good - I just like Maul!!!
  13. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't have a problem with the Maul costume but you may want to reconsider the shirtless aspect. Make-up is a pain and good make-up is NOT CHEAP and your going to need abunch of it.
  14. willismaximus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I don't even know if I want to do Maul at all yet . . just one more possibility. And yes, a make-up job of that scale would be a half day project, not to mention the ludicrous amounts of make-up it would take for just one outing. Everything I touched would turn red. I also lack that ever critical 2nd person to help me.

But holy crap it would rock if I pulled it off . . . I've never seen anyone else do it.

Maybe if I just made a vat of red paint and effing jumped in..... bah, details.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'd really like to do a Nihilus or Revan as well . . . but I haven't been able to find a mask or costume for either (and I lack the skill to make it.)
  15. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nihilus Mask are on Ebay from time to time and they look sweet!! Theres one on there now with the cape,veil and mask for $200.Thats a pretty good deal. DO IT!
  16. willismaximus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I saw the Nihilus stuff, though it sucks the robe isn't included. I put the Nihilus mask/veil in my watch folder, along with a Revan set that also happens to be actioned right now. I'd rather have the Revan... but it's $430 for JUST the hard pieces, which I find ridiculous. If it included the robes, I might have done it. Nihilus is looking good now, though I still feel that my body type lacks the "presence" of a good Nihilus. Maybe with stilts.... bah, again with the details.

I'm thinking I'm going to come to a conclusion here real soon though, now that I have all 3 costumes available to me for a time.
  17. ozoneace1 Jedi Knight

YEAH , WELL I'AM WORKING ON A NEW CHARACTER ...TOMMY CHONG .
    PEACE OUT & SMOKE TOO THAT ...B
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.