main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Padu, KY What Sith character could I best pull off?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by willismaximus, Feb 11, 2007.

?

What Sith character could I best pull off?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
  1. Darth Maul

12.5%
  2. Darth Revan

50.0%
  3. Darth Nihilus

37.5%
  4. Exar Kun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Random Dark Jedi (Maskless)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willismaximus

willismaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    I've become a beast which cannot be fed. No sooner have I finished my scout costume that I'm thinking about my next one. I decided I want to do a sith lord or dark jedi (red lightsabers are pimp.) Finding a suitable character for me to impersonate is proving tricky though. I personally think Darth Maul is the best choice, considering that, to my surprise, I'm the same height as Ray Park (5'9".) I included Revan and Nihilus simply because they wear masks, though Nihilus is pretty tall. Exar Kun is a possibility (blue double-bladed is also rather pimp.) Finally I have the generic route.

I excluded Darth Bane and Malak, cause they're simply too freaking huge. I also thought about but ultimately excluded Sidious and Sion . . . way too heavy on the prosthetics.

I'll include pics of Revan, Nihilus, and Kun . . . in case you're unaware of these characters.

Tell me what you think and I'll definately take it under advisment.

Revan: http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darthrevanwallpaperqw0.jpg

Nihilus: http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darthnihilusfd3.jpg

Exar Kun: http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exarkunws0.jpg

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I think Revan would be BA! pv

3. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Nihilus. I think his mask is sweet!

4. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    I gotta go with Nihilis, he looks badass, and really should have had more screen time in KOTOR 2.

5. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    A good Revan costume would be %^&*ing awesome.

6. willismaximus

Dec 17, 2006
    Ha . . . the poll just seems to be making it even harder to decide. I'm truly torn now.

7. spack

spack Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2005
    If you decide not to go with Nihilus, I may take a crack at it.

8. willismaximus

Dec 17, 2006
    Does anyone have a bust or action figure of Maul shirtless? I found some pics online, but I need a reference for the backside. It should be obvious why I'm asking . . . I think I may be able to cut down on cost considerably (assuming I do a Maul) by shedding the upper tunics, although there would be a ridiculous amount of make-up involved. Oh, and btw . . . my FX saber staff came in Friday! I can't even tell you how much it rocks ... made a couple of "star wars kid-esque" videos to boot, only I don't look like a retard when I do it (martial arts training for the win :p )

9. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Hey, this is Matt, I've got one of the Darth Maul shirtless action figures. I'll take some pics and bring them to the next meeting.

10. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I also have one of the shirtless Padme figures...(HMM...Oh...Oh i see...why would anyone want a shirtlees Maul?)I like Nihilus cause he looks like a member of SLIPKNOT \_/ <--(DEVILHORNS).

11. willismaximus

Dec 17, 2006
    "shirtless Padme figure"

Best. Action figure. Ever.

12. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    I voted "Maul" on this one Dude because I know whatever you do it's gonna be good - I just like Maul!!!

13. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I don't have a problem with the Maul costume but you may want to reconsider the shirtless aspect. Make-up is a pain and good make-up is NOT CHEAP and your going to need abunch of it.

14. willismaximus

Dec 17, 2006
    I don't even know if I want to do Maul at all yet . . just one more possibility. And yes, a make-up job of that scale would be a half day project, not to mention the ludicrous amounts of make-up it would take for just one outing. Everything I touched would turn red. I also lack that ever critical 2nd person to help me.

But holy crap it would rock if I pulled it off . . . I've never seen anyone else do it.

Maybe if I just made a vat of red paint and effing jumped in..... bah, details.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I'd really like to do a Nihilus or Revan as well . . . but I haven't been able to find a mask or costume for either (and I lack the skill to make it.)

15. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Nihilus Mask are on Ebay from time to time and they look sweet!! Theres one on there now with the cape,veil and mask for $200.Thats a pretty good deal. DO IT!

16. willismaximus

Dec 17, 2006
    I saw the Nihilus stuff, though it sucks the robe isn't included. I put the Nihilus mask/veil in my watch folder, along with a Revan set that also happens to be actioned right now. I'd rather have the Revan... but it's $430 for JUST the hard pieces, which I find ridiculous. If it included the robes, I might have done it. Nihilus is looking good now, though I still feel that my body type lacks the "presence" of a good Nihilus. Maybe with stilts.... bah, again with the details.

I'm thinking I'm going to come to a conclusion here real soon though, now that I have all 3 costumes available to me for a time.

17. ozoneace1

ozoneace1 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2006
    YEAH , WELL I'AM WORKING ON A NEW CHARACTER ...TOMMY CHONG .
    PEACE OUT & SMOKE TOO THAT ...B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.