main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What space setting, ship, and characters will we see after the crawl?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Tan-Wessel, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'm leaning towards it having to be The Falcon since it's never had the honor before and will likely be going out in a blaze of glory in the ST.

From PT to OT, we had Vader looking out of a Star Destroyer to one swallowing up the Tantive IV. I have a feeling we'll be getting a pan up and diagonal ending at the cockpit and up to a seasoned Han and Chewie. They'll be on the run and under pursuit by whomever and whatever new big bad ship on their way to deliver some breaking news/McGuffin to the good guys/maybe Leia whom they've been estranged from since forever ago. The hyperdrive is wonky but they finally get it to kick in and at the last second escape and head towards Coruscant or some new Galactic Alliance/New Republic-friendly system.

Other ideas?

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  3. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Argh. I did a search for "intro", "crawl" and "beginning". Was surprised that the subject hadn't been brought up yet. Did not think to search for "opening" thinking that would yield results for opening weekend, premieres, etc.

Sorry mods. I really did try to search first as always. At least we can thank StoneRiver for bringing all the links forward for easy consolidation.

StoneRiver likes this.
  4. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Thanks for the nod. If you look at the first link I posted, I'm in agreeance with you with regard to the Falcon ;)

5. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I like the idea of seeing the Falcon land over Coruscant, and then see Chewie and Han walk out when they land.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I read on a different site that someone who has claimed to have read the script says that instead of looking out into outer space during the opening crawl, we are really looking out into the night sky from the surface of a planet.

Personally I don't believe this is true, but it does sound cool. Also, even though this doesnt have to do with the opening crawl, I had an idea the other day of the climatic Jedi duel taking place in a see-thru capsule inside a nebula. I figured since its a space movie it would make sense to have a nebula setting at least once in the series.

7. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm with you on The Falcon!!!! The crowd would go nuts, too.

StarWars2015 likes this.
  8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I imagine with either the new villain or a new character. IDK if it would be a wise thing to open with the OT cast when you can instead create tons of buildup and introduce them epicly later on.

rocknroll41 likes this.