main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What species/locations/characters would you like to see featured in The Clone Wars series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by butlerd, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002

That only means that the Sith like to work together in pairs. It doesn't mean there aren't other tandems out there in hiding. And don't give me that bull-crap about the thousand years that went by without any being around. And how Yoda knew (and I'm sure others do as well) about the rule of two proves my point. He, and others, must have encountered some over the years.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Jedi records from before the Sith went into hiding. If Sith had been encountered during the millennium Ki-Adi-Mundi would not have made his claim in TPM. It's not "bull-crap", it's Lucas' backstory.

3. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Yeah, it's two total. That's Bane's rule. Well...kinda. It's actually like 2 and then apprentices who don't quite count yet, because usually the master has someone on the back burner and the apprentice is looking for their own apprentice so when they take out their master they have everything in place.

So...2, or 4...well, no, 2 but really 4...or more if they aren't so sure about their secret apprentices...

Man it gets confusing. In the end though, only two get to wear the title of Sith Lord at a given time.

Unless it's the EU and there are, like, fifty of them living off on their own...

4. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    And every Jedi is prone to go light and dark like a strobe light...

We have our two key Sith, one dark apprentice, one Chosen One having dark flashes, one Mando avec du lightsaber, and hell, some folks seem quite convinced Ahsoka is headed dark as well. A whole new Sith contingent coming and going between AOTC and ROTS doesn't sound that promising to me. People are worried about the Fett armor losing its mystique... too many Darths is even more worrisome!

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002

"His" backstory is this in a nutshell; their knowledge of the sith is proven wrong? Ki-Adi-Mundi comes off as a little naive when you see that scene. Yoda's look when he says that says it all. And considering Ki-Adi-Mundi wasn't even a Jedi Master at that time doesn't support hiis theory nonetheless. Just because no one has heard or seen any in years doesn't mean there weren't any in hiding, if not many. And again, seeing the prequels prove that I'm right.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Who said "there weren't any in hiding"? You claimed the Jedi had encountered other Sith prior to Maul in the last millennium, now you're strawmanning.

If you say so.

Only according to EU. Going by the film, there's no reason to assume he does not hold Master status. But it doesn't really matter, since the point is that his statement is based on the information available to the Jedi, which you admit: "no one has heard or seen any in years". Ki-Adi's EU rank is irrelevant.

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, technically, the jedi did run into Bane's rule of two order...
    but there was much death involved and ultimately the jedi were sure that they took care of the rule of two Sith.

From what I understand, the jedi knew about the rule of two because rumors of Sith activity would pop up every so often (from groups working with the Sith).

And people should really remember that Dark jedi are not Sith. A Dark jedi is a jedi...who is dark, and the Sith are their own order. You have to join, and they have skills and abilities far beyond a mere Dark Jedi.

8. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Agreed. He is even referred to as a Jedi Master in The Phantom Menace script. The 'only Knight on the Council' EU backstory has always irked me, as Ki-Adi-Mundi is clearly portrayed by Lucas as one of the eldest and wisest Jedi on the Council; and the whole ROTS dialogue with Anakin being rejected for the Master title is even more evidence that Lucas did not intend for Mundi to be anything less than a fully-fledged Master.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I always thought that was stupid that TPM Scrap Book stated that he wasn't yet a Jedi Master, but yet he was already a full fledged council member.

The whole point I was trying to make is that, regardless of what title he had, it's obivous that he thought that the Sith no longer existed when it looked to me that Yoda, and I'm sure there were others on the council as well, knew better than to assume this had been the case.

But besides all that, it's a safe bet to say there were other sith that had survived the war with the jedi and that Bane had not been the only survivor of their defeat, and I think Lucas should throw more in to liven things up some more. If not that, then make some turn to the dark side like they did with the EU books and comics. Or maybe get into the whole Plagueis creating life theory that had us all wondering what it all meant after seeing ROTS. Another pair of sith coming out of hiding during this time would make things interesting if you ask me.

10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I would really love to see some Rahm Kota action.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I forgot about that. Yeah, IMO that seems like it should take precedence over the EU thing about Ki-Adi being a Knight.

12. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    For creatures, I would like to add Yoda's kybuck from the micro-series.

13. IthinkIwannaLeia

IthinkIwannaLeia Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    I don't know enough about its history (or future, really), but I would love for somebody to go to dothimar. I know the witches were isolated until luke got there, but for how long? Plus Jabba must have gotten his rancor from somewhere.....wait that is it...I would love to see a episode that focuses on Jabba and his/her son! bring the little spud back and have him and daddy take a family vacation to Dothamir (however it is spelled) and show them purchasing a young ranchor. Get that fat crying caretaker from the ROTJ in there and you'd have a fun episode to break up the darkness of the series. (if someone official reads this, feel free to run with it. )

I would also love to see a Krayt dragon (greater or lesser), but I don't want Anakin ever goin back to tattooine. So make it a transplanted pet of someone.

Oh and I would love to see one of the assembler's species (the weird thing that produces its own space outposts out of its own web-like neural tissue. Wasn't a fan of the bounty hunter trilogy but I bet the assembler would look great in the TV show.

And bothans.

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    In my opinion: Ab-so-lute-ly not.

It is evidently Lucas' intent for there to be only two true Sith, and for good reasons. (Two - not counting any secret apprentices they may have - but ultimately it comes down to two) Yoda is clearly talking about the rule of two.

Just think about it: In -all- the galaxy, there are ONLY TWO! That's what makes the Sith so special, the fact that only two people share the knowledge to this power... and it can only ever be passed on from one master to one apprentice.

If there would suddenly be more than two Sith, it wouldn't make any sense. How did they become Sith then? It would take ridiculous reasons to explain it. Like, someone finding a Sith holocron. :rolleyes: (Which would be ridiculous because I think the true secret of Sith power wouldn't be simply stored in a how-to-become-all-powerful holocron but rather be passed on from master to apprentice in person), or some silly master breaking the rule of two... catch my drift? It wouldn't make any sense.

What I'm trying to say is there can't suddenly be more, because only two persons at a time have the true knowledge. The secret of Sith power doesn't just 'pop up' with lots of people. At -some- point in time, there was only one person left who knew it and he only passed it on to one person, and so forth.

The fact that there are only ever two in TOTAL is what makes the Sith so incredibly cool.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    It's like that comedy sketch that started off as "Last of the Mohicans" but ended up "Mohicans Galore".

16. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Absolutely. They've already manifolded Boba Fett to death. Let's have some Sith population control.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Nothing is set in stone as far as Lucas is concerned, and you should all know better than to assume otherwise. But, like I said before, if the jedi thought they were extinct (we only know that Ki-Adi-Mundi stated this) then how is it that Yoda knows what Darth Bane started when he survived, huh? Because, some were encountered over the last millenium or so, and no one knows what really happened to them when they somewhat faded into secrecy, that's what. It's blatantly obvious that the Jedi are not all knowing, and all powerful, so whatever does spring up will be no different than what has already transpired. Remember, Yoda stated the Jedi were sort of arrogant while also thinking they were impervious to any trheats the galaxy had to offer during this time, mainly because the sith were thought to not exist when Yoda knew better. Read between the lines, guys, and you'll see what I mean.

18. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    What probably happened was that the Jedi found out about the Rule of Two but they also believed that that plan had failed. The Jedi may have believed the last two Sith were dead and perhaps it was the Sith themselves who faked it. They could have taken on other allies and made everyone believe they were the real Sith lords - and then contrived to have them defeated by the Jedi. So the Jedi believe the last two Sith are gone while the real master and apprentice continue to hide.

Alternatively, the Jedi may have simply believed the Sith were extinct because they had not received any intelligence on them for centuries, or perhaps intelligence that suggested they had died out.

So in the PT era it may have been assumed by many Jedi that the Sith are extinct because they have not caused any trouble for so long. I think Yoda is keeping an open mind though, and Mace too may be open to the possibility, although he also believes that if the Sith had returned then they would have sensed it, or become aware of it. The fact that they did not is the first sign that something is very wrong in the galaxy. So when it is confirmed that the Sith have returned, Yoda suspects that there are only two of them and they are still following their same plan due to the secrecy that they have maintained.

19. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I think there should be only two 'true' Sith lords. Maybe, perhaps, have more Sith-wannabees like Ventress introduced..

Or maybe a Sith cult, people who worship the Sith and the dark side but aren't Force-sensitive. That could be interesting.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Like I said before, this was known about the Sith before they went into hiding ( though EU tells a different story ).

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Species:

-H'nemthe
    -Arconan
    -Togruta (specifically Shaak Ti)
    -Bothans
    -Gossam
    -Ongree

Locations:

-Some new, completely original locations
    -Trandosha
    -Fondor
    -Corellia
    -Alderaan

Characters:

-Tarkin
    -Shaak Ti
    -Coleman Kcaj
    -more non-clone soldiers
    -Members of the Hutt Cartel that hired Cad Bane (hoping for the Hutts in general to play a role)
    -Sate Prestage and others that would go on to be part of Paplatine's inner circle when the Empire is formed.

22. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    HEY, how about Rahm Kota![face_praying]

23. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I would like to see the Transdoshan-Wookiee relationship explored.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    That'd be a great story-arc. I remember reading about their relationship in the TESB game supplement that came out for the role playing game back in '87.

25. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Tell you what... I'll throw a quarter in the Yoda Fountain for you.:)

(Then I'll go back down later tonight and dig it out along with the rest of the change!:eek:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.