main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Star Wars era do you want to see more of in the coming years?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Nov 21, 2001.

?

What Star Wars era do you want to see more of in the coming years?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2001.
  1. The Old Republic - 25,000 - 1,000 years before A New Hope. Early years of the Jedi Order and the Gal

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. Rise of the Empire - 50 - 0 years before A New Hope. The machinations of the Sith, Palpatine, and th

24 vote(s)
    49.0%
  3. The Rebellion Era - 0 - 4 years after A New Hope. The Galactic Civil War and the fall of the Empire.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. The New Republic - 0 - 20 years after Return of the Jedi. Rise of the New Repubic and the Jedi Knigh

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. The New Jedi Order - 21 - ___ years after Return of the Jedi. The Yuuzhan Vong invasion, the crumbli

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
  2. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Definitely prequel era. I think the authors will have a chance at a relatively clean slate and may be able to avoid some of the problems the post-RotJ EU has experienced.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Without a doubt, Rise of the Empire.

For years this era was off-limits to the writers and fans. Now that the PT is upon us and we're learnng all of the lovely details of the Jedi Knights, Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship and the schemes of Palpatine amid the Senate and political situations, I couldn't be more happy.

I also enjoy all of the new characters we have...Jar Jar, Padme, Qui-Gon, Panaka...and the Captain Obvious himself, Ric Olie. ( Yes, Ric was in "The Starfighter Trap"! )

4. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    NJO era!!!!!! 100%! I'm more interested in the new generation of Jedi than the prequel era. I want to see the New Jedi Order expand from 100 to 10,000 Jedi just like in TPM & AOTC.

5. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Push forward. I know that the finale of the NJO will probably be intended to quench my thrist for continuous, ongoing story... but, come on, you know it won't. I wouln't commit ritual suicide if there was a brief respite in which we explored the many other interesting time periods, but I don't think we should just plain stop reading forwards in time for more than... I dunno, two years max.

6. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    The rise of the Empire is completely unexplored, so I would favor working with that, assuming that the publishers can find good characters to center stories around. However, the post-NJO era should not be completely abandoned because it presents the writers with the most freedom to change the galaxy.

7. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Got to go with either the rise of the Empire or post rebellion. I really don't like the NJO or the prequel stuff mostly because the Jedi tend to get on my nerves as each author tends to see them differently and give the Jedi new powers and philosophies which conflict with each other. The Post NJO has a chance to be interesting but not nearly as much as the rise of the Empire.

8. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Rise of the Empire. I would have gone with NJO era but at this rate it's going to end the same as the Rise of the Empire anyway, with the Jedi nearly extinct.

9. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Definetly Rise of the Empire. I mean, c'mon, dosent everyone love the possiblity of novels written almost exclusively about Vader and Palpatine? :D

10. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I'd like to see a story line in the ancient past. A story that is based so far back in time in which there was no Republic, the race of the Sith were still alive, and when the Jedi were still a very young breed of new warriors. In this point of time, blasters did not exist, nor did light sabers. The very first of the Jedi wielded swords of typical metal. Basically a SW universe so far back in time that it sort of resembles modern Earth.

11. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    I would love to see stories based on the early years of Yoda. We know almost next to nothing of his species nor his past.

12. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    I'm torn. The early past has great potential--but so does the prequel era.

I just want the continuity editor to swear an oath that there will be a plan in place, so that we don't get the lapses.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The post-TOTJ, pre-prequel era has alot to be seen..such as the re-emergence of the Sith that leads eventually to Darth Bane. Or even, perhaps, Bane's reign himself. Show us just what the heck the Sith have been doing two by two for 1,000 years.

14. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    The rise of Empire and the fall of Jedi will be most interesting to read.

Personally, I want to read more about storys of non-Force users, whether they are on the PT, OT, or NJO era.

15. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    The only truly open era is of course the post-NJO time period. Authors can do whatever they like there. Lucas is 99% definitely not going to write anything set after ROJ, so it's the perfect playground. Let's just get these bloody Vong out of the way first!

16. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

With 25,000 years of history to cover, plus who knows how much pre-Republic history, there is almost no limit to what can be done.

However, I myself would like to see more adventures of Nomi Sunrider and Kyle Katarn. I'm also willing to read anything from any era so long as it's good.

17. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Without a doubt, I want to see the big story-arc between Episodes 3 and 4

18. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I want them everywhere. After NJO series. Bravo Squadron books. Some books focussing on Jedi which dissapeared for long periods, like Kam or Kyp, showing more of them. Why stay in one area? Go where the story is strong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.