main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What Star Wars game would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JammerPickle, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I grew up with a ton of the Star Wars computer games. Any of the Dark Forces games are great. Especially, Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast. Tie Fighter was a really awesome game when it came out back in 1994. It had a fund, expansive campaign and I liked how it brought in Thrawn.

Granted, I don't even know if computers nowadays can still play these. I remember 6 years or so ago, I tried to install Jedi Knight and I had to add some line of code for it to run.

BadCane likes this.
  2. Bithlistener

Bithlistener Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2016
    I grew up playing the Super Star Wars games on the SNES, but I loved playing Shadows of the Empire for the Nintendo Sixty Four

3. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    X-wing Alliance would be my recommendation. It's a genuinely good game without the Star Wars branding, and features a great story where you feel like you're making a difference and where you feel like your character is developing. I feel that with this game, all the stuff that made the previous games work so well (X-wing, TIE Fighter and X-wing vs TIE), everything came together in a perfect package.

It's still possible to get running on new computers I think (last tried 2 years ago probably), and though it's now outdated there was a fan-made graphics upgrade which improved its look.

4. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I would recommend 3 games:
    Jedi Knight 2 - a great first person shooter. You get to play as the great Kyle Katarn, alongside Jan Ors. It takes place after EP6, in the now legends continuity.
    Galaxy at War (expansion is okay too) - a great real time strategy game, in which you can conquer the galaxy. It has both space and ground combat missions.
    KotOR 2 - others have also recommended this above. All I will say here is that even if it hasn't aged very well, it is a great (legends most likely) story, in a great era: the Old Republic era.

Honorable mentions are: Dark Forces, Jedi Academy, Republic Commando

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    The original KOTOR. KOTOR II was pretty good, but a general let down from the original. Jedi Outcast was a pretty good game too, loved the storyline and the environments you visit as your character.

Rogue Squadron and of course, Shadows of the Empire you can find on an Emulator. Shadows of the Empire is clunky, and obviously, not as good as the book it's based on, but it was the original SW N64 game. I also have a soft spot for the ROTS game, it was pretty well done and definitely entertaining as a button masher.

Life likes this.
  6. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015

You can get Jedi Knight and Tie Fighter on Steam. They run smooth, and my PC is Windows 10.

Guidman likes this.