main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Star Wars-Related Things Are You Still Into?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Books, comics, Clone Wars? What still interests you?

I've been reading Knight Errant, the novel, forever. It's not that I don't like it, it's that I spend too much time playing around online. Plus, right now, I borrowed George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones from the library want to finish that before the miniseries premieres on HBO.

Aside from that, the novels have mostly lost me. "The Fate of the Jedi" series has led me to believe LucasBooks should drop the OT characters. Or, if they want to keep them around, tell better stories. And the first "Old Republic" novel was painfully bad.

Clones Wars is okay, but no longer appointment television for me. It really hasn't dropped in quality or anything. I really don't know why I'm losing interest.

For me, the best EU out there are the comics. Dark Empire continues to tell good stories set between the trilogies. Legacy recently ended, but it was an outstanding series about Luke's great-grandson, Cade Skywalker, as he struggled with the Sith and the Galactic Alliance. Knight Errant, I haven't read. But like I said, I'm digging the novel and they're both written by the same person. Also, I'm really looking forward to a couple of new books. There's one starring Qui-Gon Jinn and another about an Imperial spy called Agent of the Empire.

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I watched a few episodes of the Clone Wars CG show. I liked it but I realized that when I moved that it wouldn't be feasible to keep cable so I haven't watched it recently. However my girlfriend did buy me the first 2 seasons, apparently, but she has them lost in her house so who knows when I'll ever actually be able to watch them.

I would like to play Lego Star Wars III and The Force Unleashed 2, but again, money is an issue.

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hope u guys don't mind me chiming in.

Love the Clone Wars series.
    Lego's games.
    Celebration nut and can't wait to hear a CVI annowsment.

I collect GG mini bust.
    And of corse SW is branded on my Brian. Not a day goes by I don't think of something Star Wars.

Eric

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I had a blast at the Indianapolis Celebrations. Sadly, I couldn't make it to any of the others. CIV was too far away and CV was too close to Dragon*Con.

My nephew loves Lego Star Wars, but I don't know if he actually knows how to play it. He just kind of walks around the game shooting and stabbing things.

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I still enjoy most of the stuff that I used to, except that I don't collect as much as I used to. My ex broke me of that habit. I still like to get the trading cards, and also I still do collect stormtrooper things, but I don't get stuff too often because of the money issue.

I still costume, I have nearly 100 troops in my stormtrooper armor (would have had more if it wasn't for that ex of mine... even though he had armor, he didn't want to troop), but I am still glad that I am in that group.

I still go to conventions, I was just down in Orlando for CV in August, and had a blast with my friends (even going to Disney alone for the Last Tour to Endor party). We drove down with all of our stuff in the back of a pick up truck, and that was so epic. I can't wait to see where CVI will be. [face_dancing]

I do love the Clone Wars, and look forward until when it is on... in the fall?! :_|

Speaking of the Clone Wars, every week (that it is on) I listen to the ForceCast, a Star Wars podcast. They talk about anything and everything Star Wars, and they even have a seprate show for The Clone Wars, to talk about the most recent episode. The one host is from Canton, and the other is from Chicago, and they air the show via Skype. The ForceCast is on live tonight. :D

I still post here on the JC, even after dissapearing for a few months or a year or two. (Again, that ex thing... he was a real pain in the butt... didn't want me to spend time with my friends.) I mainly hang out in the Cloud City Cantina in the Star Wars Community forum, since I mainly post on my iPod Touch, and it is just easier to have one or two windows open, and it also takes longer to type replies with just my thumbs. :p

I still read and support the EU, and I also like to play the video games (mainly the Lego ones and TFU), altough I don't have much time for either of those sometimes... I can't play TFU mainly because of my niece, who is now 7, and she lives with us (along with my sister, who got a divorce), and I don't want her to be exposed to that violence yet. I guess I could play it while she is at school... but I don't. [face_laugh] The books is just that I don't have the time during the day, then come evening, I need it to be quiet to read, and it isn't, then when I turn off the tv at night, all I want to do is go to bed. I know, excuses, excuses. :p

I can't think of anything else right now, I think I covered all the bases. Knowing me, I probably forgot someting vital about my life. :oops:

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.