main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What starship, fighters etc. would you like to see in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TetsuAero, Oct 28, 2015.

1. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Old Naboo Starfighters

2. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    Any TIE Variant

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the last Legends splatbook, Imperial Handbook, which as an in-universe book was published just before ANH, TIE interceptors have entered service.

And in any case, there were EU sources before that that showed them (at least in prototype form) existing well before the Battle of Yavin.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rebels did the same - after all, they're already introducing a B-wing prototype.

4. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I wouldn't mind an episode that was like Rebel Assault II, and introduced the Phantom TIE. Which is my favourite TIE. :)

13977 and Iron_lord like this.
  5. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008
    Yes, I'd LOVE to see those!

6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I'd love to see the Tie Hunter.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The King Hell God Emperor Starfighter of Death, AKA the Missile Boat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ridiculous quantities of missiles and SLAM drives (overpowered sublight drives that redirect power from every other system, including shields and main guns, to the engines to give a burst of extreme acceleration).

StrikerKOJ and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The Nebulon-B Frigate. I always thought it was an iconic OT-era ship, and it ought to show up sometime. Maybe there can be an episode about stealing one from the Empire to act as the rebels' new command ship?

Also, the Carrack-class cruiser would be another good old WEG design to bring in, and it has the benefit of having already been recanonized.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Vong Worldships.

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Stolen V-wings used by the Rebels for a time.

We've never seen the damn things in an actual battle.

Alpha-Red, Shamear, Jamie1001 and 4 others like this.
  11. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Old Venator class Star Destroyer.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Yes! I've been looking forward to an Imperial Venator since the show began!

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd like to see a Victory or Venator class. Something between the Imperial Class and the frigates or whatever they are. A SSD would also be cool. I'd like see the Imperial fleet diversified a bit more, and see an actual fleet aside from one or two ships. Whether it's an SSD flagsip supported by Imperial Class Star Destroyers and the smaller frigates. Or Imperial Class Star Destroyers assisted by Venators and or Victory class Destroyers.

I'd also like to see TIE bombers. We've seen heroes go after Imperial vessels/installations on bombing runs. Or even the Naboo using torpedoes against the droid control ship. But we only briefly saw TIE bombers in ESB.

I also feel like the TCW era tech became obsolete way too quickly. 20 years is nothing. Some of those vessels could still very well be in service.

Even an Imperial era Acclamator would be nice to see storm troopers deployed to assault a Rebel base at some point.

And one thing that really stands out to me about ROTJ is that the Rebel Alliance wins the Battle of Endor in a straight fight. In ANH, the Imperials are winning until an Achilles heel is exploited with help from the Force.

In ROTJ, a fleet of much smaller corvettes and frigates with some larger Mon Calamari cruisers is able to stand up to the Star Destroyers (at least one seems to have its reactor damaged and explode), with the SSD also having its bridge deflector shield taken offline and its bridge destroyed. There wasn't really any Achilles heel. The Rebels just won. They engaged the Star Destroyers on Lando's command and won.

If the fighters or Mon Cal cruisers are really that able to go toe to toe with an Imperial Star Destroyer, I'd like to see how that would go down in Rebels, if the Mon Calamari provide assistance in an episode.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    An Eclipse class SSD.

15. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Rendili Light Corvette.

16. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
    - Victory class
    - Carrack class light cruiser
    - Y-Wings
    - Z-95 headhunters
    - Nebulon-B frigates (can be neutral or aligned to planetary defense forces, if the don't want to add them to the Rebel fleet yet)

Iron_lord and darklordoftech like this.
  17. AzureOwl

AzureOwl Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    I have a soft spot for this ships:

I would like to see a Carrack-class if for no other reason than to retcon away the damn windows at the front. They’re the only thing that I don’t like about the design.

18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Noa's ship form the Ewok movies. I am thinking the Ghost crew could use a back up. Maybe Sabine and Ezra have an adventure that winds up with them getting the ship and parking it at Old Jho's on Lothal....for emergency use.

Rebels would be the perfect platform to give us ships from the old EU and other non-visual sources so we have a real idea of what they look like.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  19. Unit51

Unit51 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I'd like to see a story arc where Incom pledges their allegiance and designs to the Rebel Alliance. Also, y-wings. I was sad that they didn't get more love in The Clone Wars. I never really liked the v-19, I always though it looked better in the more cartoony version than it did in CGI. I have to say that I'm a little bugged that we're seeing a-wings and b-wings before x-wings and y-wings.

20. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Unit51...I actually prefer the TCW V-19 to the Microseries V-19.

But I do agree about the A-, B-wings and X-,Y-wings.

21. Unit51

Dec 29, 2015
    Well....I guess you and I can't be friends then. [face_clown]

22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Well...I don't want to be your friend....you're a poopie-head.[face_monkey]

And to add to the list...the Redthorn-class scout ship.

Unit51 likes this.
  23. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Z-95 Headhunters and make them easier to obtain!

13977 likes this.
  24. Unit51

Dec 29, 2015
  25. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    The TIE twin-pod spacecraft in all it's variations
    • boarding craft (SW Sketchbook)
    • bomber
    • personnel transport (old Marvel Comics, Needa's shuttle)
    • others