main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What SW Character Should Of Never Died

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Luke_Skywalker_12, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I agree that Darth Maul should of lasted more

2. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I know this is going to be a pretty unpopular opinion, but Darth Maul was arrogant and clumsy. I'm glad he got sliced. We don't need a character in there just so we can say "cooollll".

3. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Jango Fett :_| He didn't even get a cool girly scream like his son :D

4. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Poof!

5. SithLord127

SithLord127 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    And how was Darth Maul clumsy? clumsy is something you would say about Jar-Jar, not Maul, he was arrogant I agree, but let's face it, he DID almost take out 2 Jedi single handedly. But clumsy isn't a word I'd use to describe Maul, he defended and deflected EVERY lightsaber attack Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan threw at him, and when Obi sliced him it was a total lucky shot and he should have gone out better then that.

6. darkwinner

darkwinner Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2002
    In ANH, and Darth Vader is about to make his first entrance and the rebel troops (in vests) and stormtroopers are shooting at each other?

Well, I think the third rebel soldier to get shot shouldn't have died. He was my favorite character, way better than Yoda, and protrayed by such an amazing actor. He was pretty cute too. I think I've worn out that part of my tape from rewinding it so many times.

I think in the super special ultimate addition, George should digitally change it so the stormtroopers are shooting red laser bolts at the other rebel soldiers, but when my favorite character is about to go down, it should be changed to a blue stun blast.

Oh, and there's also that seen in ROTJ where two Ewoks are running away, they get shot, they both fall. One is playing possum and tries to get the other one up, but he's really dead. It's too sad. He should digitially change it so they both were playing possum.

And that scene where the two logs crush the AT-ST head? I think he should change it so that the pilots eject before their vehicle gets crushed (like the A-team). That way the Ewoks will be of the same moral caliber as Han.

7. Aurra_Glow

Aurra_Glow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2001
    Chewbacca never should have died! Long live Chewie! Viva la Wookie!

8. JangoxFett

JangoxFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    Jango (IMO) should have lasted till ep3.

..... .....

and jar jar, j/k hehe ;)

9. SkiManiac

SkiManiac Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2002
    Okay..I know that this is really far into the StarWars movies but I'd say Darth Vador. :_|
    I think it would have been cool to have him live on.
    Luke would have been happier! :)

10. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Dack, Luke's gunner on Hoth. Admiral Piett as well, poor guy.

11. Lord \/ader

Lord \/ader Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2000
    Jango first choice then Maul

I would say Boba Fett cause hes may favorite character but I read the Bounty Hunter books so I still Hold that He DIDNT DIE!!!!!!!

12. ArichTheViking

ArichTheViking Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Tarkin. Peter Cushing was a stud. He talks, Darth Vader listens. !!!

13. Luke_Skywalker_12

Sep 11, 2002
    Jango Fett should of lasted more then just one film!

14. sidiousmd

sidiousmd Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2002
    Admiral Piett, he was a good soldier and seemes to carry along well with Vader.

15. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Vader. Wahhhhhhh. Not fair at all...The boy FINALLY is a FREE man, after all those years, and he gets to be with his son in peace for a few moments, and THEN what HAPPENS?! HE DIES!!! Not fair, not fair at all. [face_sob]

Padme. I can't imagine how heartbreaking her last days had to be. [face_sob]

Chewie. How on earth could you kill off CHEWBACCA? I mean...Chewbacca!

Piett. He seemed like a good guy, and what a horrid death. :(

16. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    R5-D4 :_|

Or if not him then Jango. Poor Jango. . .
    Kill Chewy a thousand times but let me keep my Jango! :_|

17. ArichTheViking

ArichTheViking Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Notice-One "bad guy" and one "good guy" dies in every movie-except "Empire." The baddie dies because that's what the audience wants to see, and the goodie dies because the movie needs drama.

TPM-QuiGon, Maul
    AOTC-Shmi, Jango
    episode 3-Mace, Dooku and Nute
    ANH-ObiWan, Tarkin
    ROTJ-Anakin, Jabba and Palpatine

However, in "Empire" the "I am your father" scene provides the drama, and hearing Leia say "I love you" is what the audience wants to see. I dunno, just a pointless overanalysis.

18. JediRuler

JediRuler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan
    Yoda
    Anakin Skywalker

19. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    Jar Jar... assuming he DOES die.

All you need is love!

20. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    :_| Darth Maul! :_|

21. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Biggs Darklighter

22. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Greedo.

He was really a great guy. Just came from a misunderstood past, and childhood. All he ever wanted was money. Is that so wrong. But I guess that's why he was called "Greed"o! :)

23. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    SithLord127, I still maintain Maul was arrogant and clumsy. I say clumsy because he just does not THINK. He assumes that the Jedi are just as incompetent as your run of the mill beings out there. No, he does not take OUT two Jedi, he takes ON two Jedi.

It shows a pattern of behavior that is evident in EU also. Take, for instance, "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter". Maul is surprised and almost killed when a Jedi (don't remember who) pushes his light saber into a speeder bike's power cell to cause an explosion. He is surprised again and almost killed again when a padawan stacks some barrels together and sets them off in another immense explosion. If he had thought ahead in these instances (and in the fight with OB1) he would have seen that there was a danger there. The incidents would have been avoided before they happened.

I'm still glad he's toast. :)

24. Luke_Skywalker_12

Sep 11, 2002
    I don't want Padme to die :_|

25. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Padme's not gonna die. If she does, GL kills the continuity he had in ROTJ. Simple enough, she'll live maybe a year or two after the twins are born.

Hmmm, I'd always say Obi-Wan. With the PT we get to see his character and now it seems more clear how badly he is hurting in ANH when talking to Luke about Anakin and the Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.