what system would u buy ( i am dieing to know )

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by sith_lord21, Nov 2, 2002.

?

what system would u buy ( i am dieing to know )

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
xbox 4 vote(s) 16.7%
ps2 10 vote(s) 41.7%
gamecube 8 vote(s) 33.3%
i am old fasion 1 vote(s) 4.2%
i hate video games 1 vote(s) 4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    its actually not smart to buy a dvd player with the game system.i would go buy a seperate dvd player. its not the price or n e thing. cause my dad bought a tv with a built in vcr and the vcr broke so we had to go and fix the vcr and we couldn't watch tv for 3 weeks! so if i were u i would spend a little more money for a dvd player. the cheapest i saw was 30 bucks retail price
  2. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    The only thing I dislike about my PS2 as a DVD player is that sometimes during a movie it will skip and show a blue screen. It's kind of annoying. Anybody (knowledgeable) know why it does this?
  3. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    bring it back to where ever u bought it tony! the system has errors on the dvd player
  4. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I could be wrong here.But I dont think so.

Some DVD players(may include PS2's)have a built in Anti-record feature.which means if you hook up your dvd player thru your VCR it will detect it,and cause the infamous blue screen.I had this exact same problem with my DVD player when I first got it.i thought it was busted.I hooked it straight up to the TV and Bingo! it worked.
  5. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll try that, Roy. Thanks! :)
  6. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    i finally beat jb nightfire!!!! such a hard game! i cant wait for the new gba and splinter cell ( for gamecube ) to come out!
  7. IG_88a Jedi Master

star 4
    The PS2's DVD player is inferior to the Xbox's, after a while it has AUDIO synch problems, but thats ok, i use my xbox for dvds as the sound quality is better. on my tv i have to pump the volume up higher when playing dvd's from my ps2, but when playing dvds on my xbox i can have the volume 75% lower than on ps2.
    AS for load times on xbox, some games take ages to load like ELder scrolls 3: Morrowwind.

I've been playing EA Cricket 2002 on ps2, set on hard, i can score, 600 runs in a limited overs game (set to 50 overs, for you yanks, an over is 6 balls, so in a 50 overs game its 300 balls, i score at minimum of 8 runs an over)
    I played in a tournament for cricket 2002, in November 2002 and beat every competitor by atleast 150 runs. When the Australian championship starts this year, i will be representing NSW and am equal favourite to win. If i win, i will be representing Australia in the world championship.
  8. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just use my DVD player to watch DVD's.I don't know it makes sense to me,I mean it is a DVD player. ;)
  9. IG_88a Jedi Master

star 4
    I needed my own dvd player, cos i can never get access to the proper dvd player and tv in the main room, i only get to use it if my parents are away. And looks like i will be getting the big screen tv and i convinced dad to buy a large plasma screen :D
  10. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    tony a. dont get a plasma tv. its horrible! my dad got 1 and he returned it!
  11. IG_88a Jedi Master

star 4
    your father must of bought a crappy brand plasma, cos the ones we get here are HD capable (no HD box required) and have top quality picture
  12. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    i like what roy said. a dvd player is for dvds, a game system is for games and a tv is to watch stuff!
  13. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    i am sorry roy but i have to say this. tony a that tv was a 61' marantz plasma tv which cost $15 grand ( at the time when we bought it ) it is the worlds largest plasma tv out there and the best one out there!. my dad got a really good price so he got it
  14. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyway, Roy, I tried what you said. It still did the blue screen. I heard that if you buy the PS2 DVD remote it comes with newer drivers, and may help. Anybody ever hear of this?
  15. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    y dont u guys listen to me in the first place! take it back to best buys or call sony and ask for the technicall help thing
  16. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Because I bought it on eBay with a bunch of games!
    Don't assume that I buy stuff from stores all the time. [face_plain]
  17. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    when did I say something about TV's? :confused:

18. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm confused too! I thought you gave me advice on DVD+PS2...
  19. sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    i just checked my mail and gamcube is coming out with realy kool games. like splinter cell, mario kart, mario tennis, crouching tiger hidden dragon, sonic dx, tmnt!
  20. surroundedbydarkness Jedi Knight

I've played splinter cell for Xbox, and its awesome. the obvious conclusion: If its good on Xbox, it will be amazing on PS2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.