main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC WHAT THE *.C. MICHAEL BAY (MEGATRON) PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Julio, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Julio

Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2004
    Read an excellent blog post written by Kneon Transitt that sums up my thoughts exactly about the robot designs ...

( http://kneontransitt.blogspot.com/2006/08/transformers-live-action-movie-live.html )

Good grief, Michael Bay! Couldn't you have at least borrowed a copy of the G1 Transformers DVDs before you started production on this... thing?!

For those of you out of the loop, photos have been leaked of the movie versions of Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Starscream and Megatron. And, hoo boy... they couldn't be any further removed from the classic looks of the core Transformers characters. Bumblebee looks like a Bionicle, Prime looks like the Terminator with a flame tatoo, Starscream looks like an ape with bird feet and Megatron... well, Megatron is so abysmal that I just had to blog about this. He barely resembles a robot, let alone a Transformer, let alone such an iconic character as Megatron!

Look, I'm not such a G1 purist that I demand cartoon accurate designs -- but this is just too much! It's too far removed from the essence of Transformers, which has remained more or less intact throughout all incarnations of the series over the past 20 years. And from what has been leaked, the script is about as far off as the character designs are.

This is why Hasbro has been throwing fans a bone with their Classics toyline. This is why the secrecy over the appearance of the movie Transformers. This is why Peter Cullen was cast as Optimus Prime, despite Bay's reported initial disinterest -- to help win over fandom before these images hit. This is why producer Don Murphy and Hasbro's COO are on the defensive with fandom nearly every other day on message boards. This is why the fans are outraged. This is not shaping up to be the Transformers movie we've waited all these years to see.

In fact, it's looking to mirror another well known toy-to-film disaster: Masters of the Universe. And Hasbro, if you're reading this -- remember what happened to the He-Man toyline after the movie? Nuff said!

This isn't just about fanboys grumbling over something as relatively unimportant as organic webshooters. This is about a film being made that apparently has very little to do with the source material at all, aside from featuring giant robots.

And while I understand how much time, money and effort is being poured into the movie, please Mr. Murphy, don't talk down to the fans like we're being unreasonable with our complaints. This movie isn't being made because you're "on our side" -- it's being made because the studio thinks it'll make money. Let's at least drop the facade and stop patronizing the fanbase, okay?

Nothing against you personally, but it's just business. We're all old enough to understand that. So let's just be honest about it. That being said, how much business do you guys expect a film to make when you're alienating the very fans that have made it endure this long? Honestly?

Personally, I'd rather see no Transformers live-action movie than one that could potentially harm the franchise. But that's just me.

I so would not want to be attached to this film and attending BotCon this year...

this is megatron
    [image=http://www.seibertron.com/images/cartoon/01/episodes/ep00/tftm_dvd0091.jpg]
    image by seibertron.com
    wt* you were thinking michael bay ? you freaking **** M.*

[image=http://www.seibertron.com/images/movie/megatron003.jpg]
    [image=http://www.seibertron.com/images/movie/megatron004.jpg]

one more time WT* MICHAEL BAY ? WT*?

Hama edit: Either star out or use WTH.

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    That movie just looks to be dissapointing more and more with every news release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.