main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What The Clone Wars needs?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Swashbucklingjedi, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    Fewer redshirt Jedi. Seriously, the character armor that surrounds the main characters but fails for individuals of comparable combat ability is astounding. Stop introducing a Jedi only to have him killed at the end of the episode. Specifically, here's a kind of Jedi I'd like to see: a Jedi who doesn't spout half-baked Buddhist parables, who actually believes in the Republic (face it, for being its protectors, the Jedi are very uninterested in it), doesn't implicitly trust Palpatine, doesn't implicitly trust the Jedi Council, is a militarist, is an Otto von Bismarck-like strategist, etc. Honestly, I want one, just ONE Jedi with an IQ over 20.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Clone Wars fails to surprise positively- previews spoil episodes (i think latest preview spoiled one big thing as well) or then there is these Redshirts like Ima-Gun-Di... i agree - a jedi who thinks would be nice- not someone whose wisdoms are like Plo Koon's "wisdoms" "There are things that we cannot predict" and that kind of stuff [face_plain] -Plo is Ric Olié of jedi council [face_laugh] seriously i want someone like old Obi-Wan or OT Yoda or even Qui-Gon Jinn- with fresh wisdoms that actually make sense -not some obvious truths like those morals in the start of the episode :oops:

3. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I personally see nothing wrong with the show at all. I frankly enjoy it just as it is and do not agree with alot of the "negative" opinions on here. I also do not agree with most of the show reviews from TF.Net. I just simply like TCW.

The one thing I do however think that needs to be done is characters need to change their clothes once in awhile. Ahsoka needs some new outfits. She has grown up a bit in the past 2 years, matured as a Jedi and physically, so I think that should be represented in her clothing as well. Anakin, Obi Wan, and others wear the same outfits most of the time. I think some variety is needed. It would help give the show more realism and character.

4. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    I think the main problem at the centre of the entire series is Anakin - he should show a few more signs of rebellion and wanting to do things his way. In fact, let's face it, the Anakin Lucas promised in an early 1990s interview - when Ken Branagh was going to play Obi Wan - promised Marlon Brando from 'The Wild One', someone who was the most gifted of Jedis yet ultimately squandered them - he could have been way more Han-like and that is a difficulty that the prequels and the series can never overcome.
    Tom Hardy, who auditioned for Anakin according to his CV in the year 2000, would have been more than perfect! We, the fans, and Filoni are lumbered - lumber being the operative word - with the legacy of Christensen's ill-judged casting and performance.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well clothechanges are coming- in next episode for Ahsoka and later for Obi-Wan and probably for Anakin too.... also their animation models are updated to look more Rots-like it seems....

6. SithSarcasm

SithSarcasm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2010
    Adi Gallia has already been killed off. She was killed by Grievous on Boz Pity near the end of the war as shown in the Star Wars: Republic comics

7. AaylaSecura86

AaylaSecura86 Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2010
    The show really needs more of Aayla Secura.[face_not_talking] She's only been in a handful of episodes and apart from the earlier ones, she's had very little to do. I would like to have a few episodes that center around her and don't have Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, etc with her. It would let us get to know her more from a TCW standpoint.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I know but well... Tcw is well-known to be logic with Eu-material:p Why they wouldn't just do Boz Pity episode with new version of that happening... or simply retcon her fate... still Eeth Koth would be perfect victim for Grievous....

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Jedi crash was not very good... Aayla is surprisingly underused considering that she was one of the first minor jedi to receive part of the maincharacter in this series along with Plo Koon, Luminara and Kit Fisto.... they should do more episode without those 3.... after all that was main idea of this show- to show more of minor characters... Dave Filoni used Ki-Adi as example "Main character can be someone like Ki-Adi-Mundi not always Anakin or Obi-Wan"... and he was only in two episodes of the second season both had Anakin and Obi-Wan [face_tired] what a lie... for now Lair of the Grievous has really been only episode with some other jedi as main character than Obi, Ani, Ahsoka, Mace or Yoda:rolleyes:

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    RE: What The Clone Wars needs?

Moral ambiguity.

11. AaylaSecura86

Nov 17, 2010
    I enjoyed Jedi Crash but I agree with you, Aayla has been completely underused up to this point. That was definitely a lie by Dave Filoni, if you're going to make a statement like that then you should at least give them an episode in which they are actually the main character and not just one of Anakin or Obi-Wan's allies. Despite being one of the earliest minor Jedi to get some screen time, Aayla has ended up with pretty much the least development. It's frustrating because aside from the comic books where she was a good character, this is the place where we could learn even more about her.:mad:

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Agreed. They fleshed out Luminara a lot more than Aayla.

13. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I would like to see more of Aayla.

More of Anakin doing things that hint at the darkness in him.

More Sep victories. Make the conflict seem more of a struggle.

I would like to see LESS of the Bounty Hunters. I think this is becoming distracting. Unless their actions are directly affecting a battle.

When I see a Bounty Hunter centric episode, I usually don't watch it.

14. AaylaSecura86

Nov 17, 2010
    Agreed.

I'm sure it'll happen more towards the end but it really should be happening a little more frequently. As we all know, the events of AotC have already happened so we should be seeing a darker Anakin. Sometimes it feels like Anakin is a different person because it's hard to buy that it's the same guy who did such a terrible thing.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think EVERYONE wants that- why in the name of the Force they aren't showing that?!?!?!?:_| Grievous must win....

Well i thought that during season2 but now i'm happy if bounties are in because they cannot be in "poisoned tea" kind of crappy episodes... well they managed to add Bane to Evil Plans[face_tired] ... it was ok it was cute and simple droidepisode but has nothing to do with "Clone Wars"...... still there have been plenty of BH-episodes so now it's time for break.... still i want to see Sugi's gang again.... doing something other than standing in Jabba's palace:oops:

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Background characters focused episodes, like "Lair of Grievous". Episodes without Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Padmé, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.