main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What the Future Holds-Obi-Wan/Anakin/OC-Pre-AOTC-Updated 6/14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by REALbluelightsaber, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Title: What the Future Holds
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, OC
    Ships: Obi-Wan/OC, Anakin/OC
    Summary: Takes place before AOTC. An old friend of Obi-Wan's has finally returned to the temple. Old feelings resurface and controlled chaos begins as the arrival of the changed Jedi affects everything. How and why does one woman affect so much? What really happened when she was gone? And will she be able to convince Obi-Wan that he can love without sacrificing duty?
    Note: I first posted this at fanfiction.net, but since then I have grown as a writer and I am completely re-writing the story-with some major changes. So, I don't know how often I'll be able to post. I'll try for every week, but no promises!

Italics indicate thoughts
    Bold italics indicate flashbacks
    Italics with { } indicate dreams or visions
    // indicate talk through bonds

Prolouge

{Obi-Wan Kenobi could hear the sound of lightsabers clashing together as he slowly regained consciousness. Red meeting yellow in a deadly dance that would only end when one was lying lifeless on the floor. Obi-Wan desperately tried to become fully alert; she needed his help, her opponent was too powerful. It was true that she too was very powerful, but the darkside flowed forcefully through the adversary, giving him unbelievable power. Obi-Wan saw it a second before it happened. Before he could shout a warning the red lightsaber plunged through her abdomen. A gasp escaped her lips and she crumpled to the floor.

?NO!? Obi-Wan?s strength suddenly came back to him and he jumped up, called his lightsaber to him, ignited and lunged. He felt the darkside flow through his veins, spurred from the immense hate he carried for the other. As most of his mind focused on the fight a small part called out to him, telling him that winning the fight would be in vain if he let darkness consume him. Amazingly, he gained his center, which only enraged his opponent more. The fight went on; their skills were matched, no matter how much the dark one would deny it, Obi-Wan was a challenge for him. Minutes went by as if they were seconds as blue and red met to produce sparks and sounds that echoed in the empty room. Then, one false move ended it. The enemy?s eyes went wide in shock and pain as the blue light thrust through his heart, killing him instantly. His blue blade disappeared and for a moment Obi-Wan just stared down at the foe before running to his companion?s side. He cradled her dying form in his arms.

?Obi-Wan?? Her voice came out in barely a whisper.

?Shhh, shhh it?s OK, everything is going to be OK now, I just have to get you out of here.? He didn?t know if he was trying to comfort her or himself with the words.

?No?no?it?s?it?s too?late??

?No it?s not! You?re going to be fine?? He spoke desperately as tears threatened to fall. He was not going to lose her, he was not going to watch another loved one die, this time?this time he would stop it. However, deep down, he knew that he could not.

?You have to be strong?be strong?for me.? She gave a small smile as she caressed his cheek. ?Obi-Wan?I?I love you.?

?And I love you.? He bent his head and claimed her lips in a soft, but passionate kiss. She gave a small smile as their lips parted before going limp in his arms. Obi-Wan let the tears fall as he once again held the lifeless form of a person he loved.}

Note: I don't think this is bad, but the other chapters will be better!

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, is it Siri? Nice start, I want to see where you go with this.

3. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    This is an interesting start. I wonder where you will take this.

4. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    I'll keep an eye on this one

5. REALbluelightsaber

Dec 11, 2004
    NOTE: I don't have a lot of confidence in my writing and I had never posted here before because I thought I couldn't match up to the wonderful writers on this forum. But I am trying! If this is really bad, let me know. Constructive criticism is welcomed! I also don't have a beta, so if anyone is interested...

ALSO-THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEWS!

Chapter 1

Bright sunlight shined through the window, causing a soft glow to encompass the room and permeating the Jedi Master?s eyes as he slowly drifted back to consciousness. He heaved a long sigh, rubbed a hand over his eyes and glanced at the bedside chrono. The numbers 0702 glared back at him. He groaned and hauled himself out of bed.

Saying Obi-Wan Kenobi is not a morning person is an understatement. He remembered in his Padawan days his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, sometimes had to levitate him out of bed to get him up. A small, sad smile graced Obi-Wan?s lips. Even after five years thinking of his deceased Master still pained him a little. He shook his head and slowly made his way to the fresher. Obi-Wan thought that becoming a Master would have helped him overcome his aversion to mornings. He was sorely mistaken.

As Obi-Wan stripped off his sleep pants and stepped under the hot water of the shower last night?s dream came floating in his mind. He closed his eyes. How long has it been? Two years?give or take? He couldn?t believe that it had been that long. He remembered the pain and shock as if it was yesterday. Another person he loved striped away from him. Nightmares about her death weren?t a new occurrence, but this particular one was different. After all, he didn?t know how she died; he wasn?t there, but in the dream?

Obi-Wan turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. As he wrapped a towel around his waist and used another to dry his hair he forced himself to gain his center and continue his morning routine.

There?s no use to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

That had been his mantra for so long. He had to put the past in the past. Cerasi, Qui-Gon, her?

No. Stop it. Not today. Never again.

After he dressed Obi-Wan walked into the common room of the apartment he shared with his Padawan. He grinned despite himself. Yes, Anakin could test his patience, but he definitely made life interesting.

Obi-Wan was meditating in The Room of a Thousand Fountains when a sudden spike of distress from his Padawan flared in their bond. He opened his eyes, stood gracefully and called out to Anakin through their bond.

//Padawan?//

//Yes, Master?//

//Are you okay?//

//Um?well?//

//What did you do?//

//It was an accident!//

//Where are you?//

//By the crèche//

//I?ll be right there//

Obi-Wan moved quickly through the lush garden and past the sparkling waterfalls and fountains toward the exit. Luckily, the garden wasn?t far from the crèche and he soon found Anakin, who was hidden in a shadowy corner, looking around nervously.

?Anakin?? Obi-Wan asked as he walked toward the eleven-year old.

?Master! I swear I didn?t mean to! It was an accident! I?? Obi-Wan knelt down and grasped Anakin?s shoulders.

?Slow down, Padawan. What happened??

?In class today we were learning magnetics and how same charges repel and different attract.?

?Yes??

?Well, Rega and I decided to experiment using principles from other subjects and, well, long story short everything in the classroom?? Obi-Wan shook his head and grinned.

?Say no more, Padawan. No specifics needed, really.? Obi-Wan was about to lead Anakin back to the apartment when Master Shlan appeared in front of them. She was looking quite?green.

Well, Anakin left that out

Obi-Wan came out of his reverie still smiling. Anakin definitly kept him on his toes and also easily squirmed his way into his heart. He glanced at the boy's door. There was really no need to wake him yet. Obi-Wan was about to make his way to the small kitchen to make something for breakfast when his comm beeped loudly. He sighed and went to activat

6. REALbluelightsaber

Dec 11, 2004
    AUTHOR'S NOTE: I love Siriwan and I guess I could change this to Siriwan, but my thoughts about where I want this story to go have revolved around this OC, so I'd rather not.

Eventually I will write a Siriwan, though! Or at least try to...

This is also a shameless upping of the thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.