main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA What the heck is that! I found em at Walmart. You gotta see this!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cruzer_Fett, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    WHAT the!!! I found these at Walmart tonight. I've put two of them on Ebay already.
    [image=http://image55.webshots.com/155/4/29/26/455242926ldCmtj_ph.jpg]
    They're mispackaged 2nd rate G.I. Joe like figures that have been packaged in ROTS packaging.[image=http://image56.webshots.com/56/4/32/89/455243289agySUG_ph.jpg]

Crazy!

2. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Wow Nice Catch !

3. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    That is the greatest thing I have ever seen

4. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Hate to break it to you... but they look doctored, even from the photo's. :)

5. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    These photos are not close enough nor are there enough to determine if they're repackage jobs. I have these and other close up photos going around on another site, plus an individual who works for one of the major toy companies doing some investigating for me into the packaging companies for Hasbro and Lanard Toys which makes the figures seen inside these packages, to see if there was the possibility of mix up in the packaging process somewhere. There have also been other reports of similar packaging errors on the Rebelscum.com website. I've also contacted a Hasbro customer service representative and sent him pics to find out if this packaging error is possible. I hope to hear a response from him within the next couple of days. I'll bring one of the packaged figures with me if we have a get together sometime soon. If they do happen to be confirmed as fakes, then I can always return them for a full refund with no harm done. Now on the other hand, if it can be confirmed that they are valid, then I hold eight of these rare errors.

No risk...no glory!

6. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Just so your aware... about 2 1/2 years ago Wal-Mart had a run of AOTC figure switches. Basically what happened, collecting thieves where buying army figures at about .99 and SW trooper figures at 5.99. Then removing, very carfully the trooper figure, inserting the army figure and returning the SW miss packaged figure to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart with their return policy doesn't look at the figure or in most cases the folks at the return counter don't know enough to know it's not a SW figure. Anyway, then the thieves would get their 5.99 back. Turn around and sell "SW Troop packs" on Aution Universe (no longer exists) and Ebay. Thus making tones of cash. Until it was figured out of course.

Me being the big collector I am, My guess there fakes. If it was a Hasbro packaging error, there wouldn't be multiple figures in various packaging and from what I noticed they where trooper figures. Hense the 2 1/2 year old scam. Hasbro has a very tight QA policy, and every toy is inspected, even if it's a quick glance to insure accuracy of distribution. Also, the figures in the pictures you show, fit to neatly in the packaging. Interestingly the right size figure for the correct SW trooper packaging. If it was a packaging error, the figures wouldn't fit correctly in the packaging or be lopsided and/or in some cases missing parts. I have seen in the past SW figures in the wrong packaging and they don't fit so neatly. The weapons for example are neatly placed, this wouldn't happen if it where a packaing run error since most figures are placed via computer in packaging and the computer and packaging are in sync. So if you try to stuff the wrong weapon or figure in the wrong packing, it wouldn't look so neat, as figure and weapon locations wouldn't be exactly the same. It's a bit to neat for me, and I have been collecting SW toys now for 20+ years. This isn't the first time I have seen this, as well as some trying to pass of actual fake figures and genuine.

On the flipside, in the event they are real, then it's a truly amazing find. However, their is no way to prove it. The SITH packaging is the easiest to open and re-seal of all the SW packaging over the past 20 years. They made the mistake of changing the packaging to the easily removable tape on the back.

I am interested in seeing one up close and personal, and what those whom you contacted say about it. :)

7. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    i must say, you certainly have put a lot of research into this...
    [face_hypnotized]

8. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    Yeah I know millenium. That's one thing everybody doesn't know about me yet and that is my sometimes seemingly obsession with research. Every career placement test I've ever taken labels me as a researcher, someone who would do well in researching, etc., etc. I researched for days and maybe even weeks before I began my Jango costume compiling photo's, insider info from people who had handled the costume at Celebrations, and such. I subscribe to the online version of Consumer Reports and usually base a lot of our family's big purchases on their findings. I researched like a madman the car that we just recently bought even showing up at the dealership with reports in my hands and printed out Bluebook values. My master's degree has an emphasis in research and I've coauthored two research based reports that were featured in a couple of educational publications, plus I've done other stuff that I won't bore you with. I'm the kind of person that will go to 2 or 3 different stores to comparison shop and see my options before buying something. It's bad, I know, and I getting better and I'm taking medication(just kidding). I just love to research things that I'm intersted in and conduct research to discover an unknown. Like with this jetpack project I've got going on I'll spend hours on the internet looking for various resource pics from the actual prop to fan made props to see what's accurate and what looks good. Sorry for the obsession, but I am a good person to know if you ever need something researched![face_mischief]

With regards to these figures though, Yodaa is probably right, more than likely they're fake...but I just want to make sure before taking them back and demanding from the evil empire of Wally's World that I want my money back.

9. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Do you take constant notes?

10. Cruzer_Fett

Aug 31, 2005
    No MotherPalpatine, no notes. I make a point to not take notes and instead try to remember everything. Do you take a lot of notes? or was that some sort of Sith mind trick to see if I'd make a good note taker at the next meeting?[face_monkey] Oh well, we're all entitled to one obsession right? Or two, or three, or....

11. Rurouni_Botosai

Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    . . . or trying to take over the galaxy.

thats what you were thinkin right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.