main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What the HELL is caf?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediYvette , Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Wht can't they mention Starbucks then? Starcaf sounds so retarded.

2. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Actually, I had another theory (see "the chicken thing"), i make up a new one each school year for my friend's comic, "The JeX Files" that was Starbucks is taking over the world, with the help of Grabbajabba, Second Cup, and Tim Horton's (a Canadian donut shop). It went like, Starbucks is genetically altering coffee to increase the potency of caffeine, and then they will cut the supply and everyone will go into caffiene relapse and sleep for days while they take over the world. The evidence was that coffee prices were rising, which covered the cost of the genetic manipulation, also the starbucks thing in Austin Powers 2, the insane amount of advertising that goes into those tim horton's iced cappicino's, and the weird thing is, EVERYONE drinks coffee, they can stay up late, minimal side effects, and taste pretty good with chocolate. oh yeah, and in victoria, BC, there's sometimes two starbucks shops on one block, isn't that overkill? anyway, it's making a funny comic.

3. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm all for everyone drinking coffee...I bet the world would be alot happier!

4. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    anyone see the daily show with jon stewart the other day? they showed a street that had a starbucks on each side facing each other.

5. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    That is so funny! The closest to that that I have ever seen was a Starbucks across the street from a Seattle's Best Coffee!

6. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    Glad I don't drink coffee (or caf). I'll never be a slave to Starbuck's!

7. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    i just thought of something more to back my theory up. the other day in science, my teacher, who's pretty cool, was asking us questions and we weren't answering, and she said, that at least she was cheerful because she had coffee. someone else said that it was bad for her, and she replied that she had never had coffee before this summer, but then our gym teacher got her hooked because they went out for coffee all the time, her quote was "I started on iced moccachino's and i'm working my way up to double espresso's."
    i'm sitting there and thinking "THEY GOT TO YOU, DIDN'T THEY?!"
    Then the next day i was supposed to have a test in christian ethics, but our teacher doesn't show up until fifteen minutes after the bell has rung. his explanation was, "I'm sorry, the coffee machine was broke, it was very scary!"
    coincidence? hah! i think not

8. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    The coffee machine wasn't working? Poor guy! I can't imagine what would happen to me if that happened. Major mental breakdown in the least!!!

9. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm doing a big cause-effect essay for my eng. comp. on the effects of caffeine. Actually that's a lie, I have a thesis and an outline, the actual paper will be constructed at the last minute wednesday night.

10. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    That's when most students' best work is done. Just make sure you don't need coffee to stay up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.