What the hell is this?

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by darthgoat, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    What little respect I had left for SW is now flushed with this.

WTF is going on in the Hasbro and LFL offices?
  2. YodaDaMax Jedi Knight

star 1
    It is the franchise wanting more money than is healthy. It's just sad is what it is.
  3. Fett402 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You have GOT to be kidding me...this is the dumbest thing I have seen today!! Maybe the last couple of weeks even...
  4. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lucas must need money for that land on San Francisco Bay he bought.

Or he has a partnership with American Chopper.

Either way, just stop. Stop right now!!!!!
  5. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I just threw up. What little was left of my fandom is now sprayed all over my desk.

"Wet cleanup, aisle 5!"
  6. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    "what the hell is this?"

a bunch of stuff that ain't gonna make it into my collection....
    [face_hypnotized]
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Wow. Even I can't defend that ugly POS.
  8. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    i really, REALLY never expected the Star Wars Chopper days to hit so soon.

sure, i assumed the licensing would get hellastupid eventually, but only when it NEEDED to. Star Wars Choppers seem like the desperate move of a company in the throes of irrelevance, like Paramount with the Trek franchise.

can't they just give us a few more years of rational toys before they go apes*** on us?

anyway. whatever. star wars sucks, i hate lucas, etc and so on.
  9. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually....I think that it is Hasbro that is going down the pooper...
    If I remember correctly....I heard on the news something about Mattel and Hasbro facing grim futures due to the economy....the outlook for Christmas for these companies looks grim....
  10. MusicTrooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Yikes, those look stupid.

ref, American Chopper (yes, I am a fan)
    The Tuttles would surely build a "theme/tribute bike"
    that would make sense, or one a fan would like.
    For Example, their Fire Bike,
    dedicated to/inspired by 911, Firefighters.
    Is really quite nice, but not meant to be ridden to a fire.

Would really love to see them do this, cause,
    their more successful efforts get made into toy versions.

In similar thoughts, was there ever a toy produced of
    Darth Maul's bike?
  11. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes there was MT. It came out when the TPM toywave hit. It came with a decent Maul fig IIRC. Trouble was Hasbro couldn't give the damn things away. I got mine for 5 bucks back in the day.

I really thought with the release of the, finally, correct scale TIE fighter we had some good toy luck comin our way but I think that ship has sailed. The flood gates of any executives' dumb idea are now wide open.

I expect SW gaming to be next on the chopping block.

Its a damn shame.
  12. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    w00t! Masters of Teras Kasai II!
  13. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    No worse....Battle for Naboo II: Ric Ollie's Gambit
  14. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Rebelscum has had pictures of these up for a while, so I've been used to it. Being used to it doesn't mean I don't think it's stupid though.

I belive Rebelscum summed it up best:

"Has anyone seen a shark?"
  15. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    Just the one George Lucas jumped.

I've never been embarassed to be a "Star Wars" fan. Until now.
  16. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anybody found the Vader yet? I bought an extra of Fett & Luke hoping to trade. Admittadly like most of the posters above, I was skeptical at first, but honestly they don't really scratch your ass that much...though you have to smash them up with a brick or something to get them to flush properly.

Bosh
  17. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I better not see them on any Black Sun's "want list"....

that would be grounds for being banned from the group...or perhaps shot at sunrise...
    not sure which at this time...
  18. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Seriously, these are friggin' stoopit. But, let's face it, these, like those abortions that came out with RotS with the big-azz hands (not sure what they're called) are marketing for the typical Gen-X Star Wars fan who now has kids. A few years ago the PlaySkool SW crap came out (which admittadly were semi-kool), but it's all about hitting the memory-circuit from our childhoods....Star Wars Stretch-Armstrongs (which I think came out recently), Darth Tater-head and now these Chopper things (which I know I had when I was a kid).

Babies and Kids...MLEH!!

Bosh
  19. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Speaking of kids, the dollar store near us has pregnancy tests for $1!!!!!

And yes, those motorcycle SW things are just too much crossing over of one random fanatic trend with another.
  20. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    wow. a $1 pregnancy test. you may as well just wait and see if you're only willing to spring for a $1 test.

i actually don't mind the other playskool star wars toys--for the most part, they're just kid versions of what used to be kid toys, the action figures. sure there's the occasional weird accessory that has nothing to do with the movies but hasbro has always done that--i remember a few weird vehicles from the ESB toy line, some random cloud city car thing and at least one strange hoth vehicle.

THESE toys have no relationship to star wars whatsoever, except that they feature the characters and the logo. it's not really surprising or even disappointing, but it's still weird and ugly to the extreme.

we need a new term for this. star wars jumped the shark with episode I...this is like jumping the shark that jumped the shark. star trek fans probably know what i'm talking bout.
  21. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Trek fans call it Berman.
  22. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, I wasn't going to say anything because my whole thought on the subject was that if it sucks so bad, and this does, then just don't buy it but then I read this.....

Star Wars d20 Officially Ends

http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/

The killed the dang Star Wars role-playing game again! It was first killed when West End Games had the license and now, after buying all the books a second time when Wizards to the Coast took over, they've killed it again.

So instead of continuing to create and produce great products such as the RPG for an incredibly loyal fanbase they pump out stinking pieces of filth such as the freakin' SW choppers. Oh I know why they killed the RPG again, because the miniatures line makes them far more profit, but still this news coupled with the SW choppers news makes me crazy.

The worst part is that I'm sure they'll give the RPG license to someone else in a few years and like a lemming I'll once again buy all the new product.

Right now I hate you WotC and LFL for giving them the license.
  23. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I am really surprised at that. I always thought the SWRpg was a big deal. It always seemed to be popular at cons and stuff. I'm not much of a pen 'n' paper gamer so I might not be an accurate measure of it.
  24. Texxun_raider Jedi Knight

star 1
    hasbro does have a contract to make sw toys until 2018. so this is not as far fetched as some may think. i agree that this is extremely stupid on the part of hasbro and lucas, but they do have to come up with something new for the next 13 years. but as phyllis said this is one we will not be collecting
  25. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I expect SW gaming to be next on the chopping block.

Goat called it. All Hail the goatness of him!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.